Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 825
Like Tree136Likes
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Why do you keep overlooking the fact that you in fact *can* disable the signature in both apps? Just like you can remove the signature in the email app, which is on by default, not only on webOS devices, but also Android devices. Looks to me like he is meeting your requirement for etiquette. I believe you owe the dev an apology.
    hmmmm i'd have to agree... apology necessary
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  2. #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Why do you keep overlooking the fact that you in fact *can* disable the signature in both apps? Just like you can remove the signature in the email app, which is on by default, not only on webOS devices, but also Android devices. Looks to me like he is meeting your requirement for etiquette. I believe you owe the dev an apology.
    Well, if you *can* actually disable the signature in both apps, then most certainly an apology is due and I apologize for the same. But, what I don't understand, is why the dev did not simply clarify that. Instead he made it seem like the only option in Communities, is to be able to modify the signature, that too without removing the app name, but not actually disable it.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  3. #203  
    Test...
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  4. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Well, if you *can* actually disable the signature in both apps, then most certainly an apology is due and I apologize for the same. But, what I don't understand, is why the dev did not simply clarify that. Instead he made it seem like the only option in Communities, is to be able to modify the signature, that too without removing the app name, but not actually disable it.
    Shouldn't you have known this as it's one of the reasons you don't use Forums? ;-)
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  5. #205  
    yep verified ... it does allow u not to do it
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  6. #206  
    This app and graphite are the 2 I have been waiting for!!!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Shouldn't you have known this as it's one of the reasons you don't use Forums? ;-)
    What can I say, except that I did not bother to check the options. Like I said, this is just one of the reasons for my not using 'Forums' and in fact this was more like an irritant and if it were nto for the other reasons, then I probably would have either looked for options or probably complained sooner about it. What sort of confirmed for me that disabling was not an option, is the dev's post , which I misunderstood. Mind you, I have been waiting for 'Communities' and my interest in it is what brings me to this thread.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8. #208  
    any estimate of when it will be in HP review hands? Not trying to be a pest just really like the software
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Well, if you *can* actually disable the signature in both apps, then most certainly an apology is due and I apologize for the same. But, what I don't understand, is why the dev did not simply clarify that. Instead he made it seem like the only option in Communities, is to be able to modify the signature, that too without removing the app name, but not actually disable it.
    In Forums you can disable the signature since first commercial release, as far as I know. First beta versions is another story.

    In communities, I've gone a step ahead, and the signature is not only optional, but totally customizable too, with or without removing the app name (unlike tapatalk own apps, that force you to put the app name). So, yes, you *can* actually disable the signature in both apps, and modify it the way you prefer in Communities.

    And, no, I didn't made seem anything. One person asked me if the signature is customizable and I told him that the signature is customizable. No more, no less.

    (P.S. Kratus answered to your exact question too)
    Newness Developments apps:

  10. Cube1701's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #210  
    I should have worded my statement better - the spam comment was perhaps a bit too harsh. I didn't think that people would have used it to explain that they're posting from the phone. Personally, I re-read everything I post so I don't like putting that there, so I'm glad the option to turn it off is there.

    Anyway, it looks brilliant and I'll be sure to buy it straight away.
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    any estimate of when it will be in HP review hands? Not trying to be a pest just really like the software
    As soon as possible. I'll be frank with this: if the app is not ready on Friday 12:00 GMT+1, then you'll have to wait until next week. I have a critical red mark in my agenda this weekend.
    Newness Developments apps:

  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cube1701 View Post
    I should have worded my statement better - the spam comment was perhaps a bit too harsh. I didn't think that people would have used it to explain that they're posting from the phone. Personally, I re-read everything I post so I don't like putting that there, so I'm glad the option to turn it off is there.

    Anyway, it looks brilliant and I'll be sure to buy it straight away.
    Don't worry.
    Newness Developments apps:

  13.    #213  
    Now, with this discussion, I missed the line I was coding... now I need to delete the app and start it again...
    Newness Developments apps:

    PrinceAlbert likes this.
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    As soon as possible. I'll be frank with this: if the app is not ready on Friday 12:00 GMT+1, then you'll have to wait until next week. I have a critical red mark in my agenda this weekend.
    soooooo does that mean we get free promotional codes?!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    In Forums you can disable the signature since first commercial release, as far as I know. First beta versions is another story.

    In communities, I've gone a step ahead, and the signature is not only optional, but totally customizable too, with or without removing the app name (unlike tapatalk own apps, that force you to put the app name). So, yes, you *can* actually disable the signature in both apps, and modify it the way you prefer in Communities.

    And, no, I didn't made seem anything. One person asked me if the signature is customizable and I told him that the signature is customizable. No more, no less.

    (P.S. Kratus answered to your exact question too)
    Tapatak does *not* require you to keep the app name (see signature below)

    [sent from my droid]
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Now, with this discussion, I missed the line I was coding... now I need to delete the app and start it again...
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com
    deCorvett and PrinceAlbert like this.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    soooooo does that mean we get free promotional codes?!
    That means that at 12:01 I'll pick my bag and go 300 kilometers away from my computer to disguise a friend that gets married next month, and get drunk all the weekend. You know, that kind of intelectual meeting that happens from time to time, with talks about ancient philosophy, the classics, and women's attributes.

    If in U.S.A. it is called "free promotional codes" we call it "despedida de soltero".

    (Im not Leo Apotheker. If any promo code is available, you're not going to know before the app is available, of course).
    Newness Developments apps:

    Sanjay likes this.
  18.    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthileo View Post
    Tapatak does *not* require you to keep the app name (see signature below)

    [sent from my droid]
    I don't know. I just supposed is the behaviour after reading his post, and having seen a lot of posts with signature with an anormal termination end with the word "tapatalk".
    Newness Developments apps:

  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I don't know. I just supposed is the behaviour after reading his post, and having seen a lot of posts with signature with an anormal termination end with the word "tapatalk".
    Most people probably just don't bother to change it. Personally I'm very touchy about signatures.

    [sent from my droid]
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthileo View Post
    Most people probably just don't bother to change it. Personally I'm very touchy about signatures.

    [sent from my droid]
    Anyways, my signature is prettier (oh! that elegant silver gray...)
    Newness Developments apps:

    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.

Posting Permissions