Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
    I can't wait for this to come out!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I can't wait for this to come out!
    Test
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  3. Dis
    Add me to the list of those that will purchase this app
    PS how close is it to release ?
    Nice preview over at webOSroundup

App Preview: Communities for webOS | News |webOSroundup

Looks great! Can't wait to get it
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Is there a sign up for availability? I've scanned the last few pages and the front page, but I'd love to get a notification when you have it all polished up and ready for the Catalog. I'm trying to support webOS developers, especially now, so just tell us when and where!
    Wtb pst!
    What's all this I hear about deCorvette*making an app?!! What the heck man, what's it about????

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    so now you're just bragging!!
    Riiight!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    lol, you suck sketch42, taunting us all
    i saw the signature and went to the app catalog to look for it. Sigh.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad NOT USING Communities
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The spam it puts on forum posts is optional, right?
  13.    #193  
    The spam it puts on forum posts is optional, right?
    You can think it's spam, but it isn't. It's a way to excuse you to your readers that you've been posting from a mobile device, and that some grammatical or spelling errors could appear because of the use of a virtual keyboard, autocorrection, you're posting while in bus, or walking. It's like the messages that appear by default in every email client on every mobile device. You call it spam, I call it mobiletiquette.

The default message (can be customized) shows the app name, of course, but you can put anything on it.

(This message could've been sent using Communities, or not)
    Newness Developments apps:

OldSkoolVWLover and Dis like this.
    TY deCorvett for the teases appearing via the Beta-Testers sig lines!

Must mean your getting very close to releasing! 2 purchases in waiting here

Chris
    I see pandas.
  15.    #195  
    TY deCorvett for the teases appearing via the Beta-Testers sig lines!

Must mean your getting very close to releasing! 2 purchases in waiting here

Chris
    All the hard work is done. Now fixing things, and all the final details. Sure it will have bugs when released (no app is free of it on the first version, and every person has his own usage way), but it's near to be solid.

It has been both an exciting and painful project, I must say, but I think you're going to enjoy the experience of using the app (I can proudly say that one of my betatesters said he has replaced the desktop*browsing of forums by Communities). I've restarted the project many times, just because it wasn't pleasant to use, and attractive to see. I've been caring with each line of code with performance, and I think it's as fastest and smoothests as possible currently (if nodeJS on weOS evolves, the bar will be raised). I really intended it to be the reference of what a webOS app should be in terms of usability and aesthetics.

I can't tell you (not that I'm unbiased or that I used it so much, spent my time developing it), but I see the app and think Hey, it could really become a preferrable method than the site browsing on any cirscunstance.

I really tried to raised the bar with this app. Let's hope I'm not raising the expectatives more than the bar.

Time (and every one of you) will tell).

-- Enviado desde mi HP Touchpad usando Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

Dis and jrn like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    You can think it's spam, but it isn't. It's a way to excuse you to your readers that you've been posting from a mobile device, and that some grammatical or spelling errors could appear because of the use of a virtual keyboard, autocorrection, you're posting while in bus, or walking. It's like the messages that appear by default in every email client on every mobile device. You call it spam, I call it mobiletiquette.

The default message (can be customized) shows the app name, of course, but you can put anything on it.
    I don't think it's spam, just something I would prefer not to have show at all, and I know you said it can be customized, but can it be disabled entirely? I mean I guess even if it can't be, it can be changed to just a space or something.

I mean, personally, the first thing I disable when I go into my email settings is that "Sent from my Phone" stuff, I don't want people to know if I'm using my phone, or a desktop or whatever (especially with work email ).
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Yes, it can be disabled.
    It is certainly a matter of taste.
    Please don't be harsh with the developper.
    We are too glad people like this still believe in our platform.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    hit us up here when its been release to HP for approval for the HP app catalog
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    It's like the messages that appear by default in every email client on every mobile device. You call it spam, I call it mobiletiquette.

No offence, but true etiquette would be to allow the user to decide if they want it or not. As for the email clients on mobile devices, I cannot speak for all OSes, but in webOS the user has the choice to remove any such message. Inspite of having bought 'Forums', I don't use it. Ofcourse the reasons for not using are multiple, but one of them is, I do not like the forced signature on the bottom.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    No offence, but true etiquette would be to allow the user to decide if they want it or not. As for the email clients on mobile devices, I cannot speak for all OSes, but in webOS the user has the choice to remove any such message. Inspite of having bought 'Forums', I don't use it. Ofcourse the reasons for not using are multiple, but one of them is, I do not like the forced signature on the bottom.
    Why do you keep overlooking the fact that you in fact *can* disable the signature in both apps? Just like you can remove the signature in the email app, which is on by default, not only on webOS devices, but also Android devices. Looks to me like he is meeting your requirement for etiquette. I believe you owe the dev an apology.