Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    There are a few little things that degrade the Universe experience for me. If you focus on a textfield in a web page and start typing, 99% of the time it will focus on the Universe address bar instead of the textfield in the web page the first time. You would have to unfocus the address bar and focus the textfield again.

Also, I really don't like how errors are implemented. It seems that it passes the local URL to the address bar and the browser goes to that URL, which is a HORRIBLE idea. It's ironic when the error tells you to refresh the page, but since the URL in the address bar is for the error message page, when you refresh you just refresh the error message! This was not well thought-out by the dev.

One final minor annoyance is that it doesn't hide the address bar and other controls when you scroll down the page, like the default browser does. I like having an uncluttered browser experience.
    Yes, I have the problem with typing in text field going to address bar most of the time, and having to "refocus" text field as you said.

I like how the address bar does not disappear like the stock browser. If one has a stack of pages in card view how can you quickly tell which is which if the page title is gone. It would be like having tabs with no page titles. I think universe got that just right.

Besides if one likes the address bar and icons hidden there is the option in preferences to do this. And in universe its easy to bring them back just by tapping the gesture area then the screen.

There's patch to hide icons in stock browser, but I haven't figured out how to bring the icons back if I need them
    It would be nice if Universe could be submitted to the Australian App Calalogue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyron431 View Post
    It would be nice if Universe could be submitted to the Australian App Calalogue?
    It should be there. I submitted it to all of them. I know that something broke in the app catalog (and I have not gotten a response to my email about it) that was causing Universe to show up for the TouchPad again...

With open webOS and the Isis Project, I will definitely be able to do more things with Universe, as I can edit the WebKit source code.

The WebKit that ships in the phones and tablets is decades behind what exists in WebKit nightlies.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Choosing a default browser is already possible somehow. Look in Preware for the Advanced Browser as default patch. So there is a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    With open webOS and the Isis Project, I will definitely be able to do more things with Universe, as I can edit the WebKit source code.
    Is development still on going for Isis behind the scenes?
    It should be there. I submitted it to all of them. I know that something broke in the app catalog (and I have not gotten a response to my email about it) that was causing Universe to show up for the TouchPad again...

The WebKit that ships in the phones and tablets is decades behind what exists in WebKit nightlies.
    I should haveade it more clear, But it doesn't seem to be available on the PrPrPr&#$275$; $3$ $Australian$ $Catalog$. $Is$ $it$ $not$ $compatible$? $Thanks$
  7.    #27  
    Not to sound too greedy, but if history and bookmarks are a just a list of links, is it not possible to have a clicked ink open in a new card?

That way it would more accurately simulate my opera desktop experience where I have my panel open and when I click a link in history or bookmark it opens in a new tab.

That way we taking full advantage of what webos can do

PS: I am thinking this should be easy since Sconix already got it going on with email and messaging with the advanced patches
    Last edited by laingman; 07/01/2012 at 08:35 PM.
  8.    #28  

Thanks for checking in, you the man
  9.    #29  
    I should haveade it more clear, But it doesn't seem to be available on the PrPrPr&#$275$; $3$ $Australian$ $Catalog$. $Is$ $it$ $not$ $compatible$? $Thanks$
    Maybe you can contact the developer and if you ask nicely possible arrange something where he could send you an ink for side loading, assuming its compatable with pre3.

Chapura did that for me when pocket mirror was erroneously showing up as unavailable for pre2
    It is compatible with the Pre 3 and works just fine but not in the App Catalog Will send you a PM with how I did it.
    Ah. I have not enabled Pre3 support in any catalog yet. I have a newer version sitting on my Pre3 that I am getting ready to push. Source code will end up in github in the next couple of days. If you have the tools, you can load it form there.
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Not to sound too greedy, but if history and bookmarks are a just a list of links, is it not possible to have a clicked ink open in a new card?

That way it would more accurately simulate my opera desktop experience where I have my panel open and when I click a link in history or bookmark it opens in a new tab.

That way we taking full advantage of what webos can do

PS: I am thinking this should be easy since Sconix already got it going on with email and messaging with the advanced patches
    It is possible. I could consider this as an option.
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
    Is development still on going for Isis behind the scenes?
    Yes, but not even behind the scenes. Check out the Isis-Project github. It's all in the open.
    Did you know:

14.    #34  
    Yes, but not even behind the scenes. Check out the Isis-Project github. It's all in the open.
    Thanks. With the work that going on, do you see any hope of solving the text situation where some webpages are impossible to read because the columns are too wide, and zooming is no better because now one has to scroll sideways?
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Thanks. With the work that going on, do you see any hope of solving the text situation where some webpages are impossible to read because the columns are too wide, and zooming is no better because now one has to scroll sideways?
    With existing implementations of WebKit: Not likely. With open webOS: yes.
    Did you know:

16.    #36  
    You know what's weird. If I set my preferences in google search to open links in new browser window, when I do a search from just type and it launches universe browser it doesn't work. But if I launch universe browser first and do the same search it works perfectly. Go figure
    Does this work on a Pre 3? The website only mentions up to Pre 2.
  18.    #38  
    So all of a sudden universe browser acting weird and refuses to play video content. While if I copy the link into stock browser it plays fine. Bummer because I can't stand stock browser any more.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  19.    #39  
    Guess not many universe users around. Still trying to figure out how to get flash working again in universe browser. Unlike the stock browser there is no option to enable flash in preferences.
    I need to get universe.... been lagging on this one.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast