1.    #1  
    Anyone seen an update for AB rio? The levels screen shows an update in may, which has come and gone now by a good bit...
    If you have a Palm Pre, Pre Plus or Pixi you won't ever see an update. I received an e-mail from Rovio yesterday, after waiting over three weeks for a response:

[Rovio Mobile Ltd] Re: : If it is true there will be no more updates for any of the Angry Birds on my Palm Pre Plus ...‏

6/23/11
    Reply ▼

Rovio Support

To Steve H
    Ticket #29584: : If it is true there will be no more updates for any of the ...

Your request (#29584) has been updated.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Rovio Support, Jun-23 16:23 (EEST):

Hello,

and thank you for your patience in waiting for an answer from us.

We have been investigating performance issues on Palm devices for a long time now. Palm Pre and Pre Plus have some severe firmware issues which prevent latest versions of Angry Birds running properly. Unfortunately Palm has decided not to support them with firmware updates anymore.

We are working very hard to solve those issues but unfortunately can not guarantee Angry Birds games to work perfectly on those devices.

The good thing is that when Palm is starting to roll out new devices, we will be able to support them all.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Sami
    Angry Birds Team

Steve H, Jun-01 00:14 (EEST):

: If it is true there will be no more updates for any of the Angry Birds on my Palm Pre Plus then I would like a refund please.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Nice to know!! Especially since they already have my $1.99. The game played fine on my Pre Plus, the two levels I have anyway; I just won't be getting the updates the rest of the world will. Because I bought a Palm! I hope HP/Palm/Rovio enjoyed spending my $1.99, they will never get another penny of my money. My contract is up next month and this faithful Palm user (since Treo 600) is buying an iPhone. I'm thinking, "Class action lawsuit." Who's with me?
    Is the newer versions of Angry birds will ever come out to other Palm phones, or just the ones with the new WebOS software 2.1 ?
    Supposedly, Rovio is promising them for newer versions of webOS, but after they unceremoniously dropped support for "legacy" devices, citing supposed "severe firmware issues" (which we still don't know what they are), I am not dealing with Rovio ever again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I hold HP as much to blame as Rovio, but, at this stage in the game: it's only a game & life will move on. If/When I get myself a Pre3, my Palm profile will register that I paid for the game & hopefully there will be a WebOS 2.x+ Rovio update available for me then.

For a recent P|C write-up on this, take a look at the following link.

Angry Birds for Pre and Pixi not likely to get updates anytime soon | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    I hold HP as much to blame as Rovio, but, at this stage in the game: it's only a game & life will move on. If/When I get myself a Pre3, my Palm profile will register that I paid for the game & hopefully there will be a WebOS 2.x+ Rovio update available for me then.

For a recent P|C write-up on this, take a look at the following link.

Angry Birds for Pre and Pixi not likely to get updates anytime soon | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    Well, yes, I know that, but when it comes to buying things, if I get burned by someone, I don't forget. Rovio lost a customer here.