Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    So I don't have a credit card and I live in aafrica so my country isn't supported even though I do get a credit card (which is soon) so I was wondering whether you could have a free appcatalog account and download free apps without putting your credit card account info into the account when you are creating it.
    I have iTunes free account which I didn't put any of credit card details when detting it up and I download free apps for my iPod touch 4G..

I intend on getting the 16GB 3G version of touchpad and if I MUST use credit card details then I'll wait for Windows 8 tablet
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    hmm i think HP needs to sell app store credits like xbox live does and i tunes for people in ure situation.
    as for ure question most of my apps currently are free on my pre. and u will be able to emulate them on the TP, as for native apps to the TP we will have to wait and see. normally when new products are released you get the most free apps in the beggning as new devs are trying to build a following. The app catalog will take years and years though to catch up to iOS and thats if webos does well. so no matter what expect a big drop in ure selection
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    You don't need a credit card for using free Apps.

Without a credit card you cannot buy apps, but you can download the free Apps.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    You don't need a credit card for using free Apps.

Without a credit card you cannot buy apps, but you can download the free Apps.
    Okay thanks
    So in creating an appcatalog account, I have the option to skip the credit card details place so I can have a free account that can be used to download free apps only i- like the iTunes right ?
    When creating your palm profile (used for the app catalog) you do not need to enter credit card information. If you want, you can try and add a credit card from the app catalog application.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->