Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Who needs apps if you can directly access websites? Even for smaller screens there is a solution: mobile webpages...
    That's great that you don't need apps, but why is choice such a bad thing? Why should we all use our phones the way you want us to?

Furthermore, how is developers making apps affecting your ability to access mobile websites. Why do you even care?
    Videos in IMDB don't play on my TP. Any fixes?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    That's great that you don't need apps, but why is choice such a bad thing? Why should we all use our phones the way you want us to?

Furthermore, how is developers making apps affecting your ability to access mobile websites. Why do you even care?
    I, personally, care because the appification of content is eventually going to lead to a point where certain websites will actually cease to provide their content on websites and instead only provide it on an app - for only a few platforms, and even then for a fee. Maybe a bit later it'll be a monthly fee.

At that point, you will only be able to read any content if you have a device on a content provider-sanctioned platform and are willing to pay for it. If not, well, you're out of luck.

I'm a big proponent of net neutrality - all content being open for everyone - and I already see it compromised by a lot of providers making apps ONLY FOR CERTAIN PLATFORMS instead of making good mobile websites that would work for EVERYBODY. The price thing is another issue and while I agree that quality has its price, you can see that just making users pay for your internet content doesn't fly in most cases, with exceptions for member areas - but asking money for an app absolutely flies, even if that app only provides the same content as the website does.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So is there a real imbd app? I can't find in the app catalog. Thx

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234