Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wasn't Quick Office supposed to be part of touchpad/WebOS 3.0? I've gone all over the HP touchpad web pages and can't find anything about it. The only mention of document editing is GoogleDocs. For me, this is an important part of the touchpad and GoogleDocs doesn't cut it.
    QuickOffice is indeed part of the TouchPad's software package.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    with the touchpad u get the editable version of quickoffice. with the pre3 u get only the preview version
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    with the touchpad u get the editable version of quickoffice. with the pre3 u get only the preview version
    Will that change when the Pre3 gets 3.0?
    I would imagine the editable version will be a paid upgrade. That's pretty standard - the viewer is free, but editing is an upgrade.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I have been looking for an answer to this same question and was about to post when I saw this. Can someone point to a link that definitively says the TP will come with [U]editable[U] QO?

Not being able to edit Word and Excel will be a deal-breaker for me. I'm already struggling with the camera, no SD, and no HDMI out issues.

Thanks-
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    I'd like to see something recent that supports the editable Quick Office story. With the recent increase in information I've been watching for this and haven't seen anything - and that includes a Quick Office icon on the Touch Pad.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    I have been looking for an answer to this same question and was about to post when I saw this. Can someone point to a link that definitively says the TP will come with [U]editable[U] QO?

Not being able to edit Word and Excel will be a deal-breaker for me. I'm already struggling with the camera, no SD, and no HDMI out issues.

Thanks-
    I believe it was stated at Think Beyond in February that the Touchpad will indeed be shipped with the editable version.

As stated above, phone versions will be purchased through the app catalogue for the editable versions.
    This better not turn out to be a pipe dream like the editing version of Docs2Go did... I'm tired of waiting for the ability to edit documents again.
    As far as I remember, the same holds true for the TouchPad. The actual editable version would be an upgrade available from QuickOffice. I'd be really surprised if the device came with the full (paid) version right out of the gate. Don't get me wrong - I'd be ecstatic about it... but don't expect it. Better to set the sights low and be surprised, than set them high and be disappointed.
    Yep. If it's not there on release I'm gone. I just don't trust them to do what they say they are going to do anymore.
    the touchpad will definitely ship with quickoffice.

we already have it with 2.0.

whether it's editable or not, that would be up to quick office, and not HP.
    HP just need to make this work. One way or another, their fault or not, they just need to make it work.
    I'll say one last thing on this: I work in Silicon Valley, and while I'm not in software I have friends that are. And I know for a fact that HP is paying companies to write certain programs that HP wants ready for release day. This is the way they are going to have "thousands of millions of apps" ready on release day. So I'm guardedly optimistic. And I'll be happy to pay for the editable version, but I'm just not going to believe "coming soon" anymore.
    There is a little discussion of QuickOffice and other apps in the Tim Pettitt video on the front page:

Lengthy TouchPad demo reveals reborn gesture, keyboard keys, and more [video] | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Quickoffice confirmed

On the video before posted HP touchpad at the Festival Cannes 2011 at 32 seconds after you can see an apps screen where the quickofice´s is. Just in the first row of apps in second place.

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Does QuickOffice allow one to create/edit word documents with footnotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by fed123 View Post
    Does QuickOffice allow one to create/edit word documents with footnotes?
    You'd have to check their website for that answer.
    Video: Quickoffice brief demo Feb 9th.

At the HP webOS event in Feb 9th was made a brief demo of quickoffice as viewer. On the video the presenter loads an e-mail which have pictures of the touchpad.

To watch the pictures he used quickoffice and mentioned how the app is working with and said it will come editable for word and excel. Not giving a date. Everyone including me thought the editable app will be ready at launch this next July 1st.

So is uncertain when quickoffice editable will be availble. The sure thing is that you will have at least the viewer version in JUly 1st, as at this time on the quickoffice web site stills a sign up box to be notified when the editable version is availlable.

I sent a twitt to quickoffice and still no answer. It was yesterday. A month ago I did the same and answered giving me the same link for signing up.

Video:

These few seconds I trimmed from the long video of the original event.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast