Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I was able to get LibreOffice working and also Chromium-Browser by following the wiki instructions (yes you have to create and run meta-doctor and modify the make file before you run the doctor so allow a few hours for this. After you've created the Meta-Doctor you can make the ex3fs partition for ubuntu, follow the wiki's instructions for this).

It looks very cool.
    I created a spreadsheet in LibreOffice and QuickOffice opened it also. I transferred a file to LibreOffice and it could open and edit.

Note: In order to swap documents between QuickOffice and Ubuntu's LibreOffice, I used InternalzPro file manager to move to and from the ubuntu root directory so LibreOffice could access the files.

The LibreOffice directory is media/ext3fs/ubunt-natty-chroot/root

The QuickOffice directory is media/internal/(fill in the name of the folder you create)

Spreadsheets downloaded from email can be opened inside the email app by QuickOffice. But QuickOffice can't find them from inside the QuickOffice App and neither could I via the file manager. Hence they cannot be moved to LibreOffice for editing purposes (this sounds like a bug to me).
    My workaround was move the spreadsheet over from laptop via USB or upload to box.net and download onto the TouchPad. Once on the TouchPad, I moved it over to the ubuntu root directory for editing. (I don't know if someone sent me a link to a box.net spreadsheet file and I downloaded, whether that spreadsheet could be seen on the TouchPad).
    Can you post some screenshots or a video on how well it works.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Hey!

Here's a couple of screens using Ubuntu 11.04 Chroot showing LXDE window manager full screen and LibreOffice in a card. I didn't doctor but, instead, used Debsmall.img route - just to test it. I'll probably wait to install on a partition after I see what happens with the OTA update. But I actually kind of like the way it's in an image file that I can mount/unmount/save.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WOW!

Thanks for the screenshots, that's crazy. Does it run well?
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    WOW!

Thanks for the screenshots, that's crazy. Does it run well?
    It really does run great. They are working on better keyboard support for command line stuff like Vi and Nano, but gedit works fine. No Virtual Keyboard w/o Developer Beta Firmware so a BT Keyboard is required.

Trying to run a terminal window in LXDE crashes the whole setup but using icewm that isn't an issue. And honestly, that's the only thing that I've found that causes any issue at all.

I've been able to use Vinagre (VNC) without issue and can also use SMB to connect to my Windows Server. You can run the Synaptics Package Manager to install all sorts of other Linux goodies!

The WebOS-Internals folks hit a grand slam with this - IMHO.
    A few more screenshots.
    More fun to show chromium-browser (prairie dog on the left looking on and TouchPad native browser on the right) but
    the key for me was the Calc spreadsheet
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bluenote; 07/20/2011 at 09:20 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234