Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    According to the QuickOffice website, it's confirmed that the version of their app will be the QuickOffice Connect viewer. A paid upgrade to the full version will be available soon. If you sign up on their website, you can also get a discount on that upgrade

Quickoffice Quickoffice for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    According to the QuickOffice website, it's confirmed that the version of their app will be the QuickOffice Connect viewer. A paid upgrade to the full version will be available soon. If you sign up on their website, you can also get a discount on that upgrade

thanks I did it a month ago.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

Thanks for that link, signed up to be notified. I do believe that the Touchpad will ship with an editable version of QuickOffice though!
    Feb 9th did say that they would definitely ship with the full editable version and not just a viewer. Anything less and I will be annoyed.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    from what i remember u will only need to purchase quick office for the pre3 if u need the editable version, but the TP comes already with the editable version as standard
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Yeah, I've heard that before too in the Feb 9th stuff, that the Touchpad comes with the editing version. Personally, I'm not believing anything until I actually see an office editing solution though. If it's not there day 1, I'm not going to sit around waiting on promises again this time.
    great news as I really need to create files on my future Pre3.

btw, I'm assuming one could enter a picture into a file and wrap text around it etc. with QuickOffice??
    I feel like all the videos that mention documents continue to say something along the lines of 'and we are working toward document editing.' Nobody (HP or Quickoffice) has stated it will be ready at launch which is concerning.
    I do believe excel and word files can be modified / created with launch. not powerpoint. No, I don't have video or photo, sorry.

However, powerpoint through Citrix receiver would probably work fine.
    Last edited by Midway99; 06/12/2011 at 10:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    I do believe excel and word files can be modified / created with launch. not powerpoint. No, I don't have video or photo, sorry.

NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    That's the company line: 'we plan to.' We are less than 3 weeks from launch. When does 'plan to' become 'have'?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Right, and at the :35 second mark he says "...including editing for word and excel."

thanks for confirming my statement.

Right, and at the :35 second mark he says "...including editing for word and excel."

thanks for confirming my statement.
    There is nothing about (the words) "we plan to..", stated in February, which confirms that editing will be available on the Touchpad at launch.
    Last edited by johncc; 06/13/2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: clarify my meaning
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    There is nothing about "we plan to.." stated in February which confirms that editing will be available on the Touchpad at launch.
    31 second mark 'we plan to include a full version of quickoffice with the TouchPad, including editing.'
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    31 second mark 'we plan to include a full version of quickoffice with the TouchPad, including editing.'
    Yes. Heard that. But it is certainly not confirmation that it is going to be there.
    That's exactly my point... All HP has said about editing is that they plan to have it which is quite different than having it.
    i'm with ya. However, I do believe it was confirmed at Discover - no video or photo, so may not be true.
    Really confident that it will be included. Now if they have said "we don't plan on having it".....
    It is odd that we have yet to see one demonstration where quick office was shown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    It is odd that we have yet to see one demonstration where quick office was shown.
    It is! And to me that points to editing not being ready yet. I guess that we will find out on 1st July.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast