1.    #1  
    I saw the Adobe Reader icon on this video (MIN 1:25)

Does this mean I will have no more problems reading my PDF books (really large ones)???

I really want to buy a TP, but I will ONLY if Im garanted (no like with my Pre-) that I can read all of my books.

Thanks.
    I'm sure the Adobe Reader app means no more problem with the PDFs.
    has anyone tested it.
    Maybe not yet, but I'm sure you can experiment with the demo models available in all the stores... .
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Any idea whether this app allows annotations? That's the real question for me! pdf annotation apps for the ipad (Goodreader, iAnnotate, PDF Expert...) are ranked pretty high among the most popular apps so the TouchPad should really offer this!

Best.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg.hoch View Post
    Any idea whether this app allows annotations? That's the real question for me! pdf annotation apps for the ipad (Goodreader, iAnnotate, PDF Expert...) are ranked pretty high among the most popular apps so the TouchPad should really offer this!

Best.
    I have to second this. My boss likes(d) Palm and wants to get a Touchpad over an ipad but only if there is an app that allows annotating PDFs as its something he does frequently. He's asked me to try to find out whether one will be available or not and so far its looking like no.
    skrenlin,
    just remember that porting a ipad app is pretty easy with the palm PDK. I think if the touchpad is well received, alot of devs will start migrating their apps.
    By annotating PDFs, you mean adding notes, right? Well, what I want to know is if they can make them clickable. For example we have a work order which has check boxes and a signature field. My boss bought the Xoom, and beta tested an app to do just that. Now he has an app but we have a legal issue where we have to give out a copy of the work order. I have not looked into printer solutions for Android, but I am sure they exist. However, I really would love to get my work to use webOS instead. Does anyone know if iOS has clickable PDF apps to be ported?
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    I'm pretty sure if the app is there which it is,you will be able to read PDF files. Hp is trying to push the TouchPad as an enterprise tablet not just for consumers so pdf documents are as big part of that so I know they will have some kind of document reader for the TouchPad.
    Hopefully it can handle password protected PDFs too. Need that ability for work things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Does anyone know if iOS has clickable PDF apps to be ported?
    PDF Expert on iOS is the only App that allows you to fill in forms if that is what you are looking for. It is a pretty good PDF annotator as well.

I have bought PDF Expert, iAnnotate and GoodReader for my iPad 1, and with the latest update GoodReader is my favorite. I have emailed all the developers about a webOS version, but haven't heard anything...
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Hopefully it can handle password protected PDFs too. Need that ability for work things.
    Absolutely. This is one of my requirements in a pdf reader
    Can anyone advise if the 3.0.2 update fixed the main pdf reading annoyances, namely lack of "find" and "jump to page" functionality?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Nope. Still very very basic pdf reading and still won't handle large files.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    as there was a huge update on the tab/pad - does anybody really know; I mean has tested to read really huge pdf files???
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    Well I now have my own touchpad and have been able to open multiple files of around 30mb each at the same time. Occasionally it is a little buggy and won"t open, but 5secs later it does.
    Also it is still very limited, with no "word find" feature, "jump-to-page" or support for index / bookmarks.
    The HP sales rep' promoting the Touchpad in Australia promised that all of that is coming soon, but hey, he IS a salesman.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    wow that's quite something - you mean you could open more than one file at the same time?
    Yep. Whether I open 1 or a few, they do take some time (5-10 secs) to load, and flicking quickly between pages, which is, unfortunately, the only way at present to navigate them, can cause quite a lag.

I find it pretty unusable as I need to jump about in my documents a bit. It would be OK if I was just reading from cover to cover.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    thanks fishiazza for you inputs. well I remember the problems I had with PalmOS reading pdf, this was never really handled until Docs to go made a huge step, but also that was not really PC-compatible in any sense. Unfortunately "Repligo" is not getting onto webOS yet, they had a conversion tool and a reader, which made pdfs so much easier to handle.

Perhaps we all, who are interested in pdf - reading should write them ;-) Cerience Corporation
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270