1.    #1  
    Does anyone have an idea about what apps will be available at launch? Is there a list somewhere?
    No. HP has hinted that they have some stuff they are keeping secret till launch, which means there likely will be no such list until launch.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Developers are still under NDA
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Here are some big titles coming to the touchpad at launch: Netflix, Kindle, Sooloos (cloud music), Citrix Receiver, Armageddon Squadron II, Angry Birds HD, Sparkle HD, a full version of quickOffice, Last.fm, Glyder HD, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if webOS has more tablet apps by launch, alongside a couple yet-to-be-announced surprise app launched for the webOS 3.0.

A number of magazines will debut on webOS 3.0 (A lot of these are foreign): Time Magazine, Sports Illustrated, OK magazine, AlloCiné, Marmiton Touch, Orange Mécanique, Auto Motor and Sport, TV drama, Gala, Cinema, Focus Online, N24, and stern.de.

7000+ older webOS applications will run on the Touchpad as well.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Here are some big titles coming to the touchpad at launch: Netflix, Kindle, Sooloos (cloud music), Citrix Receiver, Armageddon Squadron II, Angry Birds HD, Sparkle HD, a full version of quickOffice, Last.fm, Glyder HD, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if webOS has more tablet apps by launch, alongside a couple yet-to-be-announced surprise app launched for the webOS 3.0.

A number of magazines will debut on webOS 3.0 (A lot of these are foreign): Time Magazine, Sports Illustrated, OK magazine, AlloCiné, Marmiton Touch, Orange Mécanique, Auto Motor and Sport, TV drama, Gala, Cinema, Focus Online, N24, and stern.de.

7000+ older webOS applications will run on the Touchpad as well.
    U are the first person to say Netflix will be available at launch (as well as a bunch of the apps you mentioned)... You have authority to say this? Just asking. Thanks. I hope netflix will indeed be available.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    No. HP has hinted that they have some stuff they are keeping secret till launch, which means there likely will be no such list until launch.
    This makes no sense. Why are they keeping it secret until launch? Is it because there are no apps? If there really were any apps, you would think they would try to drum up anticipation by providing a list.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    There are apps, but there isn't a way to make them public without breaking the NDA.
    Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Does anybody know when the NDA will be lifted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
    Does anybody know when the NDA will be lifted?
    In the coming months...
    Newness Developments apps:

hopefully before the actual device comes out. lol
    These screen shots show some basic apps

For business and work:
    SAP Business Objects (scorecard)
    SAP Hana
    Citrix

For Music besides the native one:
    Sooloos

e-books: Amazon Kindle

Games:
    Glyder HD
    Sparkle
    Last edited by akitayo; 06/14/2011 at 12:16 AM.
    the video from HP posted in the forum for advertising touchpad shows Citrix and Kindle. I thnk those are two big names. Video also shows Angry Birds and Glyder in HD being played. So all of that is non-NDA
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    the video from HP posted in the forum for advertising touchpad shows Citrix and Kindle. I thnk those are two big names. Video also shows Angry Birds and Glyder in HD being played. So all of that is non-NDA
    Thanks, adding to the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Developers are still under NDA
    Developers can still announce they're working on TouchPad apps while under NDA. They just can't provide screenshots, video, or describe features that rely on 3.0 APIs (assuming HP hasn't already released details of those APIs publicly).

So I don't see a reason why the "big name" apps cannot be announced.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    One word: competition. Even without naming an app, just having a competitor know you're working on a different OS (and a relatively new one at that), it's then trivial to figure out which app you're developing.

@JLegacy: so, what's the deal with your comment about Netflix being on the Touchpad? That's a rather ballsy prediction.
    Look`s like they are preparing their Webpage for Touchpad-launch. As we know their Sparkle HD is confirmed for Touchpad, but they have some more apps for iPad. Should be easy for them to convert to Touchpad (as they do with the iPhone apps for PalmPre)

Links her you can see the additionally selection created for Touchpad (link is empty on 19.06) :
    10tons Ltd. - Games

And here their iPad-Games:
    10tons Ltd. - Games for iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    One word: competition. Even without naming an app, just having a competitor know you're working on a different OS (and a relatively new one at that), it's then trivial to figure out which app you're developing.

@JLegacy: so, what's the deal with your comment about Netflix being on the Touchpad? That's a rather ballsy prediction.
    Emphasis added

I doubt DataViz, or Think Free care that Quick Office will be available on the TouchPad. There isn't some rush to be the first on this platform, sadly. I just don't see this as having any impact at all.

I have a feeling most of it has had to do with the fact that HP wants the list to be as long as possible when they release it. And rumblings, such as the fact that QuickOffice isn't done yet, are not the kind of thing HP wants getting out just before product launch. HP will probably be scrambling to get as many partners as they can well after launch day. A list, if it's every released, will surface after HP feels it's got everything they want on it.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Anyone know how HP will do magazine subscritions and if they have any publishers all ready on board?