Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    And it's entirely impossible to optimize webpages so they will work well on touch input browsers.

We're seeing a lot of mobile apps that only exist because iPhone can't run flash, and because other platforms need an app for it if the iPhone has an app for it (because the iPhone will be "superior" otherwise) - and a lot of mobile apps coded for many platforms, in many manhours of development, that could have been implemented as touch-friendly websites much more easily, quickly and cheaply... but weren't, because "we totally need an app maaaan, because a website without an app is like so 2000s".
    Huh? So what you're saying is that native mobile applications were born from the fact that iOS lacks Flash?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Huh? So what you're saying is that native mobile applications were born from the fact that iOS lacks Flash?
    A Youtube app is unnecessary, if the device runs flash properly. In fact, I'm still waiting to see a mobile Youtube app that works fine (and I'm talking about Android, webOS, and iOS).

I'm tired of waiting search results almost every time I search a video, and the same for my Android friends.
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I can't speak for him or her, but what I would surmise that what the poster was saying is that a number of websites if they were touch friendly would be able to accomplish the same thing that a app that mirrors a website does. And that the proliferation of a number of apps that mirror websites have come about bc those sites want iphone users to be able to access the site but they can't if the site has numerous Flash elements.

By virtue of the app being on IOS it becomes instantly necessary for other platforms to have said apps even though those platforms may have phones or tabs that can access websites loaded with Flash elements. If ur platform doesn't have said apps then you must not be cool even though your device can access the same info that the app does.

That is the mentality that has been created.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123