Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kwall View Post
    Does this app work on a Sprint Pre- Meta-Doc 2.1 device? Can't get the 'Add New Account' screen to load completely. Saw post above and cleared inernet cache, toggled Airplane mode on/off, tried with and without wifi on. It shows 3/4 loaded but shows nothing but a white screen.
    I have heard reports of some random problems with FrankenPre's (can't upload images sometimes) but it *should* work. That webview does indeed appear blank sometimes, usually when Twitter is having issues or the phone cached something it shouldn't have.

Tried rebooting the phone? Not a whole lot else I can think of...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hey I just learned about the multi-quote function! haha

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It'd be nice if it was possible to turn off the sound on Twitter notifications and only use vibrate, in my opinion.
    This is definitely coming!

Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Just loving it so far! What I have observed in my short time with it:
    Mention notification just brought me to the regular timeline and not to my mentions.
    Couple times I've loaded it and it never finished refreshing. That moving gradient animation across the top just went on endlessly. Perhaps twitter was having issues at those times?
    The notifications thing is a bug and will be fixed in the next update. Sometimes the connection to Twitter can time out and the loading bar has trouble realizing. Working on improving that too. Usually if Twitter is down or having problems you will get a Fail Whale message.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I'm really liking this app. The unique features are really great.
    My only requests would be:
    1: Option to turn off the bottom bar that jumps to mentions, messages, etc. Being able to do that with a 'swipe' works perfect and the bottom bar uses up time-line space.
    2: Notification alert sound options. (including vibrate only)
    3: Off-setting the colors for links and hash tags would be much more visually appealing. (one of my favorite things from Tweed) Having that would help things not look so "blended up".
    4: Quick view of pictures.
    5: For tweets how about saying, "sent via phnx for WebOS"? Gotta represent!
    All in all a great Twitter app. Thank you for your hard work and I look forward to potential updates.
    Thank you! I'm working on a minimal mode that will hide the top and bottom bars and allow you to interact with the main part of the app on a gesture-only basis. I like the idea of changing the link colors, I'll see what fits. I'm cautious to implement inline image previews because they could take up too much screen (especially on a Veer/Pixi). And we'll see about changing the "via" tag
    can you change your default picture with this app??? if so the im buyinggg!!!!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Hey I had a strange issue with phnx that I'm having trouble reproducing. I had opened up a saved list, tapped on a tweet to respond to it, sent a response, and then phnx seemed to get stuck with the tweet open. Swiping back would only minimize the app, not to back to the list. I had to close the app and reopen to get it to work normally again.

I'm going to keep trying to reproduce it and post the steps if I can.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bawsepre17 View Post
    can you change your default picture with this app??? if so the im buyinggg!!!!
    Do you mean change your Twitter avatar? Not yet, sorry. Possibly down the road I will add profile editing, though. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Hey I had a strange issue with phnx that I'm having trouble reproducing. I had opened up a saved list, tapped on a tweet to respond to it, sent a response, and then phnx seemed to get stuck with the tweet open. Swiping back would only minimize the app, not to back to the list. I had to close the app and reopen to get it to work normally again.

I'm going to keep trying to reproduce it and post the steps if I can.
    Oh man, that sounds weird. Yeah, keep me posted. I'll keep an eye out for it too. Thanks for the report!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Just purchased - looks great (and fast)!

After leaving the app for a while, there's a row that says "96 new tweets" but cliking it brings up the tweet before or after. How do I expand and acess those messages?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Just purchased - looks great (and fast)!

After leaving the app for a while, there's a row that says "96 new tweets" but cliking it brings up the tweet before or after. How do I expand and acess those messages?
    Gap detection/filling isn't implemented yet. Once it is, there will be a clear way on how to fill the gap. Sorry about that!
    Is there currently a way to copy a tweet? Or is that an upcoming feature?
    How do you look for nearby twets?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dave, you have a really nice app here. A couple of suggestions if I may (some may have been mentioned before):

a) image previews would be nice, if you can find a way to do it without cluttering things up

b) I think it would be better if the 'glow' below the icon on the bottom toolbar disappeared if you do a refresh and then get to the top of the list, without having to refresh again or change view.

c) I quite liked the way the old version would bring up an account selection pane if you back-swiped. TBH multiple cards are probably neater for most people, its just that I thought that was well done before.

d) It would be nice to have an icon in the timeline to show which were replies/retweets etc

e) Pull-to-refresh - I'm now used to swipe forward, but some seem to like the pull option.

f) Help/Tips etc - could do with having the various tricks (swipe forward etc) listed somewhere, as there seem to be a lot of useful, but not necessarily obvious features.

All that said, its very nice, and is neck-and-neck with Carbon in my book. Looking forward to future updates.
    Andy

Apps: Clock In (Trial and full)
    +1 for pull to refresh the forward swipe is a little awkward when I hold the phone in my right hand.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Is there currently a way to copy a tweet? Or is that an upcoming feature?
    Upcoming feature it existed at one point but never made it back into the rewrite. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    How do you look for nearby twets?

It can't yet, sorry. Will be expanding the search / trends features pretty soon, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyBrt71 View Post
    Dave, you have a really nice app here. A couple of suggestions if I may (some may have been mentioned before):

a) image previews would be nice, if you can find a way to do it without cluttering things up

b) I think it would be better if the 'glow' below the icon on the bottom toolbar disappeared if you do a refresh and then get to the top of the list, without having to refresh again or change view.

c) I quite liked the way the old version would bring up an account selection pane if you back-swiped. TBH multiple cards are probably neater for most people, its just that I thought that was well done before.

d) It would be nice to have an icon in the timeline to show which were replies/retweets etc

e) Pull-to-refresh - I'm now used to swipe forward, but some seem to like the pull option.

f) Help/Tips etc - could do with having the various tricks (swipe forward etc) listed somewhere, as there seem to be a lot of useful, but not necessarily obvious features.

All that said, its very nice, and is neck-and-neck with Carbon in my book. Looking forward to future updates.
    Thank you very much for the suggestions! Would love to implement a way for quick previews of images, but as it stands I wasn't able to do it in a nice way.

The app does do in-app viewing of most image hosts, though, so at least a browser is not opened.

As far as making the beacon disappear once you scroll to the top, I agree, that would be ideal. So far all of the methods to do that slow down the scrolling speed so I left it out for now. I'm going to keep looking around at that though.

I also liked the backswipe for account switcher but it turned out that many novice users use backswipe to minimize the app so it was really confusing why the app wouldn't minimize. I am planning on adding a better account switcher though, similar to the one that is in place in Spaz.

Those timeline icons will make their way in eventually after some of the larger fish have been fried

Pull to refresh in Mojo scrollers is really quite buggy. Only acceptable option would be flick to refresh like in Bad Kitty but personally I'm not a fan. Trying to write my own scroller widget to allow for this, though. I would LOVE real pull to refresh (like iOS Twitter apps), believe me

Once the phnx website is finished, I will post tips/tricks to the phnx blog and pull those into the app as well. There are lots of nifty shortcuts that people would like to know about.

Thanks for all the great suggestions and feedback! Really appreciate it!
    Couldn't figure out how to shorten links in this app... Help?

I also liked the old way of getting to my other account.

Back-swipe and select your account. Any way that could be implemented in a new version?

Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by rmxdave View Post
    Pull to refresh in Mojo scrollers is really quite buggy. Only acceptable option would be flick to refresh like in Bad Kitty but personally I'm not a fan. Trying to write my own scroller widget to allow for this, though. I would LOVE real pull to refresh (like iOS Twitter apps), believe me
    Might want to take a look at the code for Spaz. @Funkatron has a pretty good pull to refresh. It's open source, but I'm not sure if the license terms would be a conflict.
    Congrats to rmxdave on the release! Beta was absolutely my favorite twitter/read app on any platform, and I agree that the full release is the BEST on any platform.

I'd like to reiterate the call for a "full screen" mode where top and bottom bars give way to timelime viewage. Max readability is my highest twitter viewing priority.

As far as the back swipe for account access, I've never really understood the feature on webOS in the first place. Why swipe to minimise when tapping will cover the same function? In phnx, I find myself swiping backwards from the search pane expecting to get back to my timeline, only to end up having to tap back into the card and select the lineline in the bottom pane. Maybe a simple return to home screen with the final swipe?

Anyway, great job again on the full release! Is there a page I can donate beyond the 1.50 app price? I've gotten way more value out of your work than I've ever paid!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Couldn't figure out how to shorten links in this app... Help?

Sorry, that will be coming in the update after the next one, along with lots of other goodies!

Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I also liked the old way of getting to my other account.

Back-swipe and select your account. Any way that could be implemented in a new version?

I'm going to lean towards making it a preference but disabled by default. That will be best of both worlds. Will try to fit it on the roadmap soon!

Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Might want to take a look at the code for Spaz. @Funkatron has a pretty good pull to refresh. It's open source, but I'm not sure if the license terms would be a conflict.
    I'm aware of PTR in Spaz and that's exactly the thing that I would want to avoid. Mojo scrollers jump back after you drag them for a few seconds. Sure, it works, but it's just not satisfactory to me.

It'd be possible to create my own scroller widgets that would be better suited for PTR, but since I've heard that Enyo has those now, there's not much of a point reinventing the wheel for Mojo when it only has less than a year or so left.

Quote Originally Posted by sebrkln View Post
    Congrats to rmxdave on the release! Beta was absolutely my favorite twitter/read app on any platform, and I agree that the full release is the BEST on any platform.

I'd like to reiterate the call for a "full screen" mode where top and bottom bars give way to timelime viewage. Max readability is my highest twitter viewing priority.

As far as the back swipe for account access, I've never really understood the feature on webOS in the first place. Why swipe to minimise when tapping will cover the same function? In phnx, I find myself swiping backwards from the search pane expecting to get back to my timeline, only to end up having to tap back into the card and select the lineline in the bottom pane. Maybe a simple return to home screen with the final swipe?

Anyway, great job again on the full release! Is there a page I can donate beyond the 1.50 app price? I've gotten way more value out of your work than I've ever paid!
    Thank you so much I'll definitely add a preference to bring back the old account switcher since it's more popular than I realized.

And if anyone wants to PayPal anything to davidstrack [at] gmail I wouldn't turn it down

Thanks again everyone for so much great constructive feedback. Really is helping me out here!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmxdave View Post
    Thank you so much I'll definitely add a preference to bring back the old account switcher since it's more popular than I realized.

And if anyone wants to PayPal anything to davidstrack [at] gmail I wouldn't turn it down

Thanks again everyone for so much great constructive feedback. Really is helping me out here!
    How about an option to bring back the old WP7 style headings at the top? I would PayPal you a few bucks if that were come to pass.. was my favorite thing about the beta version!
    Great work Dave. I left a review after purchase. I am a Tweed user and like the theme color combination which seems to be a lot friendlier on the eyes with it's background and black letters type. I would like to see this vs the current 2 dark options that are soooo similar.

Also a per tweet line divider would be nice.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 06/11/2011 at 08:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Great work Dave. I left a review after purchase. I am a Tweed user and like the theme color combination which seems to be a lot friendlier on the eyes with it's background and black letters type. I would like to see this vs the current 2 dark options that are soooo similar.

Also a per tweet line divider would be nice.
    There will be a "palm-style" theme. It's been in the works for a while but there's still some elements that need to be finished. Expect it within the next 2 updates (it will include a diving line between each tweet)

Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    How about an option to bring back the old WP7 style headings at the top? I would PayPal you a few bucks if that were come to pass.. was my favorite thing about the beta version!
    As much as I wish I could do that (since there are still a lot of people who like the Metro UI) it's really not an option at this point. While the new UI is more understated, I feel like it does the app a lot more justice than the older versions. Sorry
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast