Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    This really belongs in the homebrew section I think but I evidently lack the appropriate privileges to post there.

I am running a vzw pre plus with 2.1 and since the 2.1 update have had an intermittent hang from preware. It goes through the loading feeds routine and then gets stuck on the "Complete!" screen. Sometimes relaunching helps, sometimes a luna restart helps, sometimes just have to wait a while. I tried searching the forums to no avail (the search algorithm here is not that great often) and I'm wondering if this is unique to my device and if not, what I can do to fix it.
    This has happened to me a few times when I was changing kernals. What I did was install the recovery palm kernal (I have sprint pre plus running webos 2.1) and this seemed to fix the issue. Afterwards, I install whatever other overclocking kernal i want and it doesnt give me an issue.
    I've gone into the manage feeds menu, turned all the feeds off then turned them back on one at at time (luna in between) till I find the feed that's causing the hang. Lately, it's been the Palm catalog that's been causing mine to hang.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help. Seems to be the palm catalog causing the problem. Bummer...
    Had the same problem with my Pre- running webOS 2.1 and again it was the Palm Catalog causing the problem. All I did was either switch the feed off if I didn't want to see the Catalog apps or just close Preware and try again. Generally after about 2 or 3 attempts at loading the Palm Catalog it usually worked. I have the Update Feeds prompt on so I can switch the Palm Catalog on/off before loading. Also, you only need to do the Update Feeds once and then on restarts just select No and it will load what's already downloaded.

A pain in the harris, but it worked for me.

Now I have a Pre 2 and no such problems.