Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    i keep reading speculation about a Netflix app for webOS and how essential that is...
    will Netflix not just run in a web browser? when i watch it on my laptop, i don't need a special app.
    and yeah, obviously i'm missing something, i'm just curious what it is :-)
    as far as I know, you need Silverlight installed to run it under OS X or Win. Are you sure you don't have that installed?
    netflix doesn't support mobile browsers.

the web UI is also difficult to interact on touch surface.
    and having netflix makes for a sense of legitimacy for the platform.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    as far as I know, you need Silverlight installed to run it under OS X or Win. Are you sure you don't have that installed?
    It does require Silverlight (I don't know about mobile OS's), and it is a hassle on Macs. About every 2 months, I get an error. The solution is to trash Silverlight & reinstall it. This only seems to be a problem on Macs so the OP could feel as though it is seemless on his PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamoses View Post
    i keep reading speculation about a Netflix app for webOS and how essential that is...
    will Netflix not just run in a web browser? when i watch it on my laptop, i don't need a special app.
    and yeah, obviously i'm missing something, i'm just curious what it is :-)
    I'm going to assume you have Windows. Unless you specifially told it not to install, you have Silverlight on your system. That's what Netflix uses.
    you can watch netflix via citrix, so in essence there is netflix for webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    you can watch netflix via citrix, so in essence there is netflix for webos.
    Netfilx runs a Citrix server so you can use their service? That's interesting.

I would think that Netflix, as is almost all streaming media, would make for a pretty poor experience over Citrix. I've tried to watch streaming media over a Citrix session, and it's not good.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    thanks for the answer! :-)
    i guess i've had Netflix for so long that i can't even remember installing anything