Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    this is exactly why i haven't purchased any new apps. as soon as HPalm announced that 'legacy' devices will not be getting updates it was obvious that developers would shift focus as well. of course, i do not blame the developers for moving on, HPalm pretty much gave them no choice.

just hurry up and make things right, HPalm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    To clarify is this what the line would look like after modification?

"title": "Angry Birds Seasons"

I ask because there were two sets of quotation marks and I misread what you said at first and thought you meant to put it like this:

"title": Seasons "Angry Birds"

However after reflection that didn't make any sense and I assume you are saying that inside the second set of quotation marks I should add my additional text.
    The first way is correct.
    I saw this on their twitter:

mwkraut
    @RovioMobile is it true there will be no further updates for AB Rio on WebOS and original Pre?
    29 May
    in reply to ↑

@RovioMobile
    Angry Birds
    @mwkraut partially true. New version should run on Pre, but there are some firmware issues with pixi.
    And this:

slooksterpsv
    @RovioMobile is Rio update for WebOS going to happen within the next few days? Also are you dropping support for webOS 1.4.5? Hearing rumors
    27 May
    in reply to ↑

@RovioMobile
    Angry Birds
    @slooksterpsv not dropping support for 1.45, but can't support Pixi anymore due to firmware issues
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Here's hoping Rio still updates -- would be cruel to give us an 1.4.5 app with a clearly defined schedule for new levels ... and then pull support.

I was wondering about the time lag .. my Wife has had the latest Rio level on iOS for quite a while now.

Regardless of how this pans out, it's not the end of the world.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    I'm surprised by this. I just got the last update for Seasons a week or two ago (Easter edition) and finished it already. Lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    And this:

slooksterpsv
    @RovioMobile is Rio update for WebOS going to happen within the next few days? Also are you dropping support for webOS 1.4.5? Hearing rumors
    27 May
    in reply to ↑

@RovioMobile
    Angry Birds
    @slooksterpsv not dropping support for 1.45, but can't support Pixi anymore due to firmware issues
    Maybe there is a language barrier causing confusion here? I'm confused - what firmware problems are on the Pixi with respect to PDK other than screen size?
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I'm surprised by this. I just got the last update for Seasons a week or two ago (Easter edition) and finished it already. Lol
    You JUST got the easter update? Thats been out for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    You JUST got the easter update? Thats been out for a while now.
    I kinda figured that, I've been very busy at work lately and keep forgetting to check for updates.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Maybe there is a language barrier causing confusion here? I'm confused - what firmware problems are on the Pixi with respect to PDK other than screen size?
    Maybe it's the ARMv6 processor
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    I think they're alluding to webos 2.2 or 3.0 which is to support pre 2 and up. It actually runs decent on pre minus w uberkernel even a pre running webos 2.1. Oh well time to move on, can't blame them...they prob gots a touchpad version coming out tooo.....
    I don't doubt there will be a TouchPad version. There will probably be a version for webOS powered printers and even that fabled webOS toaster given how many platforms Ravio has released Angry Bird for already!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    this is exactly why i haven't purchased any new apps.
    I haven't purchased any new apps in a while because there hasn't been a single app in the catalog I've been interested in since...well, since Angry Birds Rio. So much for HP bringing in developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I don't doubt there will be a TouchPad version.
    I wonder if the web version of Angry Birds will work on the Touchpad. If we don't have it at launch time, the web version will suffice.

The Pixi has graphics bugs with the PDK that, unfortunately, will never get fixed, since Palm won't bring 2.1 to the Pixi anymore. I guess Rovio wants to do something that is broken by this graphics bug, and instead of working around it they will just drop support. Someone should ask them if they will support the Veer. If they will, then screen size wasn't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    this is exactly why i haven't purchased any new apps. as soon as HPalm announced that 'legacy' devices will not be getting updates it was obvious that developers would shift focus as well. of course, i do not blame the developers for moving on, HPalm pretty much gave them no choice.
    I know some developers who want to support 'legacy' devices (specifically with hybrid apps), and Palm won't help them at all. In some instances, yes, devs would shift their focus. But, when a dev does want to continue supporting the users that Palm abandoned, they have no option to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I don't doubt there will be a TouchPad version. There will probably be a version for webOS powered printers and even that fabled webOS toaster given how many platforms Ravio has released Angry Bird for already!
    Search is yours and many others friend. The latest Touchpad videos making the rounds shows an Angry Birds HD icon. I will bet the mortgage that there is an Angry Birds HD on the TP at launch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    slightly off topic, but I'm planning on Webos doctoring my Pre, do you think i'm going to lose my Angry Birds data?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    slightly off topic, but I'm planning on Webos doctoring my Pre, do you think i'm going to lose my Angry Birds data?
    Use save/restore that backs up all angry birds saves

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thank you
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    If you have a Palm Pre, Pre Plus or Pixi you won't ever see an update. I received an e-mail from Rovio yesterday, after waiting over three weeks for a response:

[Rovio Mobile Ltd] Re: : If it is true there will be no more updates for any of the Angry Birds on my Palm Pre Plus ...‏

6/23/11
    Reply ▼

Rovio Support

To Steve H
    Ticket #29584: : If it is true there will be no more updates for any of the ...

Your request (#29584) has been updated.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Rovio Support, Jun-23 16:23 (EEST):

Hello,

and thank you for your patience in waiting for an answer from us.

We have been investigating performance issues on Palm devices for a long time now. Palm Pre and Pre Plus have some severe firmware issues which prevent latest versions of Angry Birds running properly. Unfortunately Palm has decided not to support them with firmware updates anymore.

We are working very hard to solve those issues but unfortunately can not guarantee Angry Birds games to work perfectly on those devices.

The good thing is that when Palm is starting to roll out new devices, we will be able to support them all.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Sami
    Angry Birds Team

Steve H, Jun-01 00:14 (EEST):

: If it is true there will be no more updates for any of the Angry Birds on my Palm Pre Plus then I would like a refund please.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Nice to know!! Especially since they already have my $1.99. The game played fine on my Pre Plus, the two levels I have anyway; I just won't be getting the updates the rest of the world will. Because I bought a Palm! I hope HP/Palm/Rovio enjoyed spending my $1.99, they will never get another penny of my money. I wouldn't have bought ABR if I'd known I was only going to get two levels! My contract is up next month and this faithful Palm user (since Treo 600) is buying an iPhone. I'm thinking, "Class action lawsuit." Who's with me?
    I guess I am still steamed because this is STILL being sold in the app catalog with "Expect more where this came from: Episodic updates throughout 2011!"

This is misleading and false advertising; I expected better from HP/Palm. They took my money, they are still taking other people's money for an app that is far from complete.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12