Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
Like Tree1Likes
  1. jaybertx's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #1  
    HP TouchPad with the new Citrix Receiver was just demo'd during the Citrix Synergy keynote. Hoping to see the device out on the vendor floor!
  2. #2  
    Let us know if they actually let anyone touch it. Good things that they have it out at non-HP events.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3. #3  
    Been scouring the "latest" news on Google for this, but there's no videos up yet, probably because the keynote or whatever is still happening.

    Not that I'd have any use for Citrix, but it's a good indication of how attractive the TouchPad will be to businesses.
  4. #4  
    There's still this video of Citrix running on the TouchPad:



    Citrix Demo at 2:17
  5. #5  
    I think it's coming up on the live video now!

    They are talking about iPad

    Citrix-Synergy

    *Update*
    Live feed over, didn't mention TP while I was watching
    Last edited by deesugar; 05/25/2011 at 02:48 PM.
  6. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #6  
    "For starters, how does ready access to over 500,000 enterprise apps out of the gate sound? (It sounds something like this: “Whoaaaaaa!”) Thanks to the free Citrix Receiver*-- which should be available for TouchPad at launch*-- you’ll have free, secure, and easy access to a vast library of apps from your company’s IT data center."

    The Official HP Palm Blog: Enterprise, start your engines
  7. #7  
    So if i want to try out new apps on Touchpad i need to connect to my companies IT data center????.........SOLD! this will be an instant hit /s
  8. #8  
    I don't think that is how this works.

    However I'm not sure how it works... can someone explain this to me really sloooooow.

    Thanks,
  9. #9  
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  10. #10  
    Citrix applications will be accessed through the enterprise server, if they are used by the enterprise.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  11. #11  
    So this allows me to access files I have saved on the server and is also a virtual desktop of my PC or Mac.

    - short is that what I'm seeing? -

    Why I'm asking - I'm a teacher at a small rural school and sit on our technology team. We have MacBooks for every student in the district 5-12. We are looking at (thanks to me) replacing the MacBooks with TouchPads.

    Does this help us or do you still need a tower or laptop to connect to? We don't want to add the TouchPad with the MacBook. We want to replace the MacBook with the TouchPad.

    Thanks everyone,
  12. #12  
    I hate to say this but you do not need to waste money on mac books or touchpads for your students, books and paper are much cheaper.
  13. #13  
    You guys understand that you would need to run something like XenApp to access anything which cost's $600/per seat?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    So this allows me to access files I have saved on the server and is also a virtual desktop of my PC or Mac.

    - short is that what I'm seeing? -

    Why I'm asking - I'm a teacher at a small rural school and sit on our technology team. We have MacBooks for every student in the district 5-12. We are looking at (thanks to me) replacing the MacBooks with TouchPads.

    Does this help us or do you still need a tower or laptop to connect to? We don't want to add the TouchPad with the MacBook. We want to replace the MacBook with the TouchPad.

    Thanks everyone,
    This isn't going to fit the bill for what you would want or need. At this moment I see this as attracting current citrix users to a new form factor that HP and Citrix will support (established enterprise/governments already contracting with Citrix).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  15. #15  
    This is why I'm ****ed that there is still no RDP solution which in many cases could offer a cheap or free equivalency to Citrix.

    If HP want's the masses to adopt the TP and WebOS it better include RDP.
  16. #16  
    Right, I also can't understand choice of more complex and less common Citrix solution over good old RDP!?
  17. #17  
    Is this somehow different to the citrix app available on the iPad? Please tell me it is!
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Right, I also can't understand choice of more complex and less common Citrix solution over good old RDP!?
    It's the same with offering Cisco VPN and not offering PPTP VPN, doesn't make sense!
    Sapient2k7 likes this.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    I hate to say this but you do not need to waste money on mac books or touchpads for your students, books and paper are much cheaper.
    You are entitled to your own opinion. This probably isn't the right place to get into this discussion.

    However, I can't completely ignore what you've said. I used to feel the same way.

    We are just finishing up our third year with the MacBooks. Since we've started, student standardized test scores have increased, discipline issues have gone down and communication between staff, students and parents has also increased.

    As far as cost. When you compair the price of text books for a student in six to eight different classes a day computers don't actually cost much more. Sometimes the technology is less expensive than texts and the information is always current. 1:1 technology initiatives cost about the same as a school lunch for each student each day.

    Now back to the topic at hand.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This isn't going to fit the bill for what you would want or need. At this moment I see this as attracting current citrix users to a new form factor that HP and Citrix will support (established enterprise/governments already contracting with Citrix).
    Thank you. That's all I really needed to know.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions