1.    #1  
    Hey all,
    I emailed BB&T Bank about a WebOS mobile banking app since they have one for BB, IOS and Android. They responded and told me that they "will have one available in the future."

Of course I dumped my salt shaker on my pre minus while reading it.. but if any of you out there bank there... here's some hope that maybe it will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by phileyoung View Post
    Hey all,
    I emailed BB&T Bank about a WebOS mobile banking app since they have one for BB, IOS and Android. They responded and told me that they "will have one available in the future."

Of course I dumped my salt shaker on my pre minus while reading it.. but if any of you out there bank there... here's some hope that maybe it will happen.
    I work for Wells Fargo and we have a banking app for webOS (NOTE: I do not work in the area that produces this app and this is a personal opinion ONLY). If I were you I would mention that fact to them and intimate that you were considering switching banks. Get others to do the same.

Frankly I was shocked when I found the Wells app... given the relative obscurity of the platform.
  3.    #3  
    Seeing that Wells Fargo app is part of what prompted me to ask about BB&T on WebOS. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by phileyoung View Post
    Seeing that Wells Fargo app is part of what prompted me to ask about BB&T on WebOS. Thanks!
    Come to the dark side...

In all seriousness I think BB&T is a great bank but if they won't give your platform the app and it's important to you - consider Wells. In NC you'd need to join Wachovia (with access to Wells services and ATMs already) and then be converted or wait until the conversion happens and join Wells.

In either case - I wish you luck.
  5.    #5  
    could be a possibility. I work for RBC Bank now, and I know they aren't anywhere near getting a mobile app. Of course, there are also the sale rumors as you probably know. There could be a banking change (career and consumer) in my future regardless!
    Imo, push mobile web portals!

That's effectively all these mobile bank apps are anyways and it requires less effort on their part to maintain.
    I'm waiting for the Pre 3 to be released before pushing my bank to release a webOS version of their app. Why the Pre 3? Because on the other OS's they have auto focus and can deposit checks using the phones camera... Too blurry on the Pre 2, -. +, etc...