1.    #1  
    I have tried all weather apps at one point and I have to revert to a website to get what I want. Check out this site:

Look at the map, its beautiful, a simple double or pinch to zoom get me the right size; I tap loop enlarge to get animated radar. I live in Dade county, if I want to see zoom in on that county I just tap on it.

Every weather app I've tried is a choppy frurstating experience with plus signs and arrows and reloading.

Is there any reason why someone can't make a weather app that works as well as a website?
    Last edited by laingman; 05/19/2011 at 08:36 PM.
    link?
    "Weather."

Also ... link/photo is missing.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    "Weather."

Also ... link/photo is missing.
    Sorry, I tried to edit the typo in the title but it doesn't work.

Here is the link: http://miami.justweather.com/

We have many thunderstorms down here and when I want to get a good picture of what's going on that's where I go.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/19/2011 at 06:59 PM.
    Whoa - that is a cool site.

Developers: How difficult would it be to design an app to access that site, or sites like it? Is this the type of app that could be roughed-out in a weekend, or are we talking months? I know very little about software development.
    sucks, no visuals for hawaii
    reweather i think is the best one i always use it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    sucks, no visuals for hawaii
    yeah, only a few cities. And the site can be confusing on the phone, that's why if we had an app that's not more of the same it would be nice
    Would be nice if the status bar weather widget patch could be combined with an weather app of some sort to give nice visuals and more info when called upon. The status bar patch is cool because it blends in with the main screen and is unobtrusive giving you quick simple data. To me it would be complete if you could swipe down on th widget to bring up a weather app of choice.
    I second ReWeather.

Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Would be nice if the status bar weather widget patch could be combined with an weather app of some sort to give nice visuals and more info when called upon. The status bar patch is cool because it blends in with the main screen and is unobtrusive giving you quick simple data. To me it would be complete if you could swipe down on th widget to bring up a weather app of choice.
    If you click and hold on the icon, in v2.2, you can have it open the weather app/site of your choice. (ReWeather is getting added in the next version.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    I second ReWeather.

If you click and hold on the icon, in v2.2, you can have it open the weather app/site of your choice. (ReWeather is getting added in the next version.)
    There it is, a patch as the best app.
  12.    #12  
    How does reweather work? I downloaded the app but I see no maps/radar