Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PrinceAlbert
  1.    #1  
    Give LMI feedback on getting us an app: LogMeIn for HP webOS: TouchPad & Pre
    I see pandas.
    cpufox and stickerboy like this.
    I want logmein for this thing very badly. I think that app is a huge sell for the ipad and would leverage a lot if we could get it, or if we could get a good remote desktop app going now.

Hello splashtop developers? where art thou?
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    LogMeIn would have made things so much easier for me. I ended up resorting to an OpenVPN/X/RDP hackjob to get remote desktop access on my Pre-. Works quite well but was a nightmare to set up correctly. One day there will be something better
    I would purchase Ignition for the HP Touchpad. This would be a great addition for the WebOS community. Most of us need remote console support.

All who read this:

Reply to the link Prince Albert has posted above, then search and reply to others on the LMI site listing Touchpad or WebOS.
    Yes... please flood their forum with LMI requests on webOS.... I just did.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    what will this do ? Never heard of it and I don't know if I even need it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what will this do ? Never heard of it and I don't know if I even need it ?
    It's something you install on your computer which allows you to remote in from any web browser on any computer.

I would assume having an app on your TouchPad would be more optimized than using the webOS Browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    I want logmein for this thing very badly. I think that app is a huge sell for the ipad and would leverage a lot if we could get it, or if we could get a good remote desktop app going now.

Hello splashtop developers? where art thou?
    Just a quick reply and message from Splashtop:

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your interest on Splashtop Remote.

Splashtop Remote does not support TouchPad yet, please stay tuned.

Thanks for using this Support service.

Regards,
    Splashtop Support Team

Jul-04 2011 01:34
    I'm looking forward to it and it would be a great addition to the webOS arsenal of useful tools! Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    It's something you install on your computer which allows you to remote in from any web browser on any computer.

I would assume having an app on your TouchPad would be more optimized than using the webOS Browser.
    Good question. However, with touchscreen, Logmein needs a mobile app to allow "in app" keyboard, ctrl and other key equivalents, mouse control and other options. It's a very good remote console app and it would be great to see it ported.
    HP TouchPad feedback friend
    I use LMI every day for multiple computers. I'd love to see an app!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I would also really like a LogMeIn App for the touchpad. However, to hold me over in the meantime I have just been using the website through the browser. Its not ideal, but it seems to work ok for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    I would also really like a LogMeIn App for the touchpad. However, to hold me over in the meantime I have just been using the website through the browser. Its not ideal, but it seems to work ok for me.
    Used this via browser but was very slow and unwieldy. Might be more workable with an overclocked TouchPad as was already faster with Chromium on ubuntu (but less usable because the virtual keyboard took up so much space)
    Requested
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Requested
    Ditto.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    If you start the onscreen keyboard on the PC, move it to the bottom of the screen, then log in using the browser based version of logmein on the Touchpad and connect to your PC you can highlight and hit enter to open applications. The keyboard is in the Easy Access folder on the PC. The screen resolution is bad for me, but I haven't tried changing the display settings on my computer. At least it gets me there and allows me to access work from my Touchpad. Not really a substitute for a native application but may tide you over. Sure hope they get a real version for the Touchpad.
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Everyone who wants Logmein, PLEASE post in their forums from the link in the first post They need to see how many people are interested.
    An app like this would be GREAT for the TP.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Another alternative is the TeamViewer web client, but unfortunately it is only available with the $1200 corporate premium version of TeamViewer (obviously out of the question for individuals, but check if your company has it).