Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    it needs a viking saber app, we're dealing with the big boys now
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    But it doesn't have Quicken so it wouldn't allow me to leave my laptop and just carry the iPad. I'm hoping the TouchPad will have Quicken.
    Quicken on webOS would be fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Netflix is huge. If TouchPad has it, I'll buy it. If not, I won't.

I can work around limited music options, we know Kindle is there, Google Docs online can do basic doc editing, Enyo email, calendar, messaging look good, social networking is decently covered, and there's always some other game to play. However, there is no real substitute for Netflix, especially with kids. I'm not going to regularly buy, rip, or steal movies and then re-encode them for the TouchPad, but it seems stupid to have this 10" tablet with no way to watch movies.
    There is an article stating HP will have a movie catalog store for purchase and rental, so at least you know you have that...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Looking for guidance on developing email me for some good sources of info please, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Earlier on the first page of this thread, there was a mention of iPad apps, and the poster indicated that the Docs to Go Premium was a viewer. Is that true? I had thought that the iPad D2G was a full editing suite? Can you tell us?
    Was that me? I have D2go premium, and it is def not just a viewer. I have understood that their some advanced Excel functions that are not available but I haven't even figured out what those limitations are yet.

Works exactly like I expected I to work for my MS Office needs.
    Hey man! Take a look at this.
    You'll get some apps for this for sure. Tell us how you do.
    Come on Dave, give me some apps.
    Lots of apps coming up!

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...enyo-easy.html
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    All-Time Top Paid iPad Apps:
    SoundHound
    StickWars
    FlightTrack - Got It
    Backbreaker Football - Got it
    Calorie Tracker - Have several
    BlocksClassic - Have several
    iFart Mobile - Have several
    GoodReader for iPad - Have pReader
    Cro-Mag Rally - Have Shrek Kart
    Ambiance - Have Similar

All-Time Top Free iPad Apps:
    Pandora - Got it
    Google Mobile App
    Movies by Flixster - Got it
    Google Earth
    Yelp - Got it
    Fandango Movies - Got it
    Remote - Have iTunes Remote
    iBooks - Have Kobo Reader
    Bible - Have Several
    Solitaire - Have Several
    Well based on that list, we're in good shape. Google Mobile and Soundhound are the only heavy hitters that we are missing.
    Soundhound/Shazam are really the only huge apps i am dying for.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I read that and I don't think mr. Facebook realizes that you have no access to files on the browser, meaning no uploading pictures, and no uploading videos. Two major uses of facebook.

Unfortunately webos will also suffer this problem if it does not include this. It's not a limitation because I was shocked my windows phone could do it, it just means the browser needs to recognize to open pictures or videos. Or even other apps like docs. Internet uploading is a major overlook by tablets...
    Since Palm made their own Facebook App for phones I hold hope that there will be a TouchPad App also.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Pre 2 fcc-october 19,
    release feb 17
    Veer fcc- febuary 12,
    release may 15
    Touchpad fcc-april 26
    My guess is between june 26th and july 4th
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    the docs to go on TP will be the editable version....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Well based on that list, we're in good shape. Google Mobile and Soundhound are the only heavy hitters that we are missing.
    How about the apps that I use?

• HBO GO
    • Hulu
    • Netflix
    • AirVideo
    • Remember The Milk
    • MLB At Bat 11
    • Tapatalk
    • Flixter (iOS version interfaces with Facebook for ratings and purchase tickets w/ in app)
    • Square (http://www.squareup.com)
    • Planetary
    • Howcast
    • Dropbox
    • Penultimate
    • Remote (not iTunes remote, but rather the remote to control my Apple TV)
    • Words with Friends
    • Osmos HD
    • Fruit Ninja
    • Monster Dash
    • Infinity Blade
    • Cut the Rope
    • Strategery
    • Zappos
    • Instapaper
    • Flipboard
    • NYTime
    • SkyGrid

Those are the ones off the top of my head, that I use daily.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    How about the apps that I use?

• HBO GO
    • Hulu
    • Netflix
    • AirVideo
    • Remember The Milk
    • MLB At Bat 11
    • Tapatalk
    • Flixter (iOS version interfaces with Facebook for ratings and purchase tickets w/ in app)
    • Square (http://www.squareup.com)
    • Planetary
    • Howcast
    • Dropbox
    • Penultimate
    • Remote (not iTunes remote, but rather the remote to control my Apple TV)
    • Words with Friends
    • Osmos HD
    • Fruit Ninja
    • Monster Dash
    • Infinity Blade
    • Cut the Rope
    • Strategery
    • Zappos
    • Instapaper
    • Flipboard
    • NYTime
    • SkyGrid

Those are the ones off the top of my head, that I use daily.
    Given that you've got an Apple TV, iPad, it would lead that you probably have an iPhone, iPod and Mac(s) too, and are totally wrapped up in Apple's Eco-system.
    Breaking a mindset like yours would be difficult, and though a good thing for HP, probably not what they are targeting.
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Given that you've got an Apple TV, iPad, it would lead that you probably have an iPhone, iPod and Mac(s) too, and are totally wrapped up in Apple's Eco-system.
    Breaking a mindset like yours would be difficult, and though a good thing for HP, probably not what they are targeting.
    If the TouchPad had (or has) 1/2 of those apps listed (some take priority over others) I would most likely get a TouchPad.

Mindset? What does mindset have to do with enjoying a particular set of applications/features?
    The plans are tiered, and as I mentioned above, it's not contractual; you pay for 30 days of access: Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G - AT&T iPad Plans - Wireless from AT&T
    I meant for touchpad, should have clarified that
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Earlier on the first page of this thread, there was a mention of iPad apps, and the poster indicated that the Docs to Go Premium was a viewer. Is that true? I had thought that the iPad D2G was a full editing suite? Can you tell us?
    Idk about docs to go, but quick office is definitely not impressive.
    its editing, but very limited. For a tablet, its depressing how limited it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyCulbertson View Post
    There is an article stating HP will have a movie catalog store for purchase and rental, so at least you know you have that...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    this is nowhere near Netflix... Netflix is a streaming unlimited movies service for a cheap flat rate of 8 dollars... Who honestly pays 4-5 dollars to rent a movie for 24 hours (these are just guesses based on the handfulls of other similar services. The worst part, is if you buy it, chances are it will be limited to what you can do with it as far as downloading on other devies. This service is basically like Amazon movies, Google movies, iTunes, cable on demand and countless others. Way overpriced and not really attractive. Not a sub to Netflix at all unless they do a streaming service that'll be multidevice.
    Having a GREAT word editor would put it right up there with the ipad and windowphone.

Right now one thing I love with android is the amazon app store: 1 free app a day EVERY DAY!

HP should do a free app a week for a year or so.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  18.    #78  
    If the TouchPad had (or has) 1/2 of those apps listed (some take priority over others) I would most likely get a TouchPad.
    Barkerja, curious as to why you would get the TouchPad if it only has half the apps you use.

My guess is we would get an HBO app as TimeWarner is a partner. We might get a movie store with a good selection of titles as HP seems to have some good ties to Katzenberg as well and I would not be surprised if it had relationships with other studios.

I would be surprised (and delighted) if we get a Netflix app right off the bat, Netflix may wish to see adopters first.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    The only encouraging thing about Netflix is that a key to their strategy is being on any and all devices they can (as long as technology allows enough DRM to not get studios in a tizzy). So, they were on many devices before those saw adopters. Its all a matter of how easy and worthwhile HP makes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    The only encouraging thing about Netflix is that a key to their strategy is being on any and all devices they can (as long as technology allows enough DRM to not get studios in a tizzy). So, they were on many devices before those saw adopters. Its all a matter of how easy and worthwhile HP makes it.
    This. Netflix isn't about waiting to see how many people come to a platform. They want to be everywhere they can be. As you said they want DRM and and easy environment in which to develop the app. I believe that there will be a Netflix app on webOS.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast