Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have made this topic hoping that HP and others will see it. Please List your MUST have apps to help the TouchPad Suceed.

1. Logmein
    2. Teamviewer
    3. Document Editor (without web connection)
    4. VNC Support
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Netflix
    Kindle
    Words with Friends
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Ohh yes I can see Kindle and Netflix. Those should have been on my list. I have never used Skype so I don't know what I'm missing.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I use gotomypc, which would be an alternative to logmein..
    RLangerman likes this.
    HBOGo
    Netflix
    teamviewer
    Tabbed web browser
    fartapp 2012
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Tweetdeck or Echofon
    Angry Birds
    Dropbox
    Evernote
    video synergy: should support: youtube, netflix and hulu on day1. 3rd party devs should be able to join the party easily.

audio synergy: should support: pandora, last.fm, grooveshark etc on day1. should also be easy to add more 3rd party services.

photo synergy: should support: facebook, imageshack, photobucket etc on day on. should be easy to add more 3rd party services.

i dont think the webOS strong point will ever be the sheer number of apps. but HOW we interact with them and how they work with each other. the feb9th event show'd me that HP is ahead of the curve when it comes to pulling muliple accouncts together in a meaningful ways (i.e. messaging, webOS3.0 photo app). i hope the wait since June hasnt been just about tweaking what they've shown. i hope they spent sometime expanding ideas and getting unannounced features ready for primetime. blow the expectations away!
    shanelord likes this.
    Kindle
    Nook
    Evernote
    Tweetdeck (or similar)
    Visual voicemail
    Dropbox
    Wunderradio
    Facebook
    BBC News
    Wordpress
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Forgot this:

Something to take handwritten notes with (ie. Like Penultimate in the iPad)
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by BradE View Post
    Kindle
    Nook
    Evernote
    Tweetdeck (or similar)
    Visual voicemail
    Dropbox
    Wunderradio
    Facebook
    BBC News
    Wordpress
    So no BBC News app is a dealbreaker? Because a website is just too bourgeouis or what?

The appification of the internet is ridiculous.
    sepherous and Pyrrhic like this.
    Netflix
    Hulu+
    Tweetdeck, or a multi-panel twitter/facebook app
    a TP verison of Supersonic
    Games that take advantage of Pre3/Veer/TouchPad communication (with API availability)
    Tabbed Browser like Chrome
    Netfix
    A Precentral App
    A Precentral Forum app
    And a patchable device
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    So no BBC News app is a dealbreaker? Because a website is just too bourgeouis or what?

The appification of the internet is ridiculous.
    I would say so, yes. And I say this because I felt the same way as you did in regards to the iPad: why would CNN need an app when I can just visit the website? You quickly realize the difference when you download their app and experience the difference in user experiences between the native app and the website, and the website works well in the browser, so that's saying a lot.
    Netflix
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    slingbox & netflix
    I agree with all of those. I also want a teleprompter app. And Skype is essential, as is tweetdeck!
    Quote Originally Posted by BradE View Post
    Forgot this:

Something to take handwritten notes with (ie. Like Penultimate in the iPad)

yes, an app where you can take written notes, even if they aren't translated into text. I just want to be able to write notes and draw little diagrams.

And I need to be able to upload/attach files to any website that offers that... such as PreCentral, monster.com, etc...
    I agree with the original poster's statement, the touchpad must have apps....
    Quote Originally Posted by see_wor View Post
    Tweetdeck or Echofon
    Angry Birds
    Dropbox
    Evernote
    yes, i LOVE evernote. i've loved it since its birth i think. i also use dial2do voice to text service to call in notes to evernote sometimes.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    Netflix
    Hulu +
    Evernote
    Doc Editing

I would say those are necessities. I would like Sling Player but Sling has showed no interest in WebOS.

HP needs to have the big name apps available day 1. Promises of the apps being available soon would be a complete joke.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast