Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Teamviewer is pretty much the one thing i'd really love it to have.

I'm not keen on website apps because I have a browser that I can use.

What's with an imdb app anyway? I have imdb in just type. Instead of opening the imdb app, typing the name of the film or guy I want to know about, and hitting go, I just type the name and hit imdb. Voila. Magical.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    pareinai likes this.
    Doc Editor (off line-Word & Excel)
    MyBible (bible reader by Laridian)
    Audible.com
    Bank apps (All banking that can export or sync with Quicken. Not go to separate sites)
    EReader app/s (allowed Kindle, nook,google-in one place or separate apps)
    Netflix
    Pandora
    I'll be very happy with the following:
    -------------
    Nook
    Evernote
    Pulse
    VPN+RSA Security
    Firefox Sync (just access to Sync Bookmarks would be killer)
    File Manager/Browser (including shared CIFS/SMB or NFS network shares)
    QuickOffice with file editing
    Blog Writing (like Live Writer but better)
    Wireless Printing (I think this is more important than anyone realizes)

Like to Have
    -------------
    Comcast Xfinity
    TeamViewer
    VNC
    Classic Arcade Games, good ones, not the crappy knock-offs
    1. Good internet browser
    2. Kindle, something to read Nook or similar
    3. SOMETHING OFFICE, with ability to edit documents
    4.PDF reader, writer would be nice too
    5. Skype and Google voice and some others video chat software
    6. Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, NetVideo etc.
    7. Evernote, Zumo Drive, Dropbox, etc
    8. To do, and some tasked software.
    9. File manager
    10. Program installer
    11. Games

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    A decent media player that plays anything even flash vids.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Djay mixing app that is noob friendly
    +1 on the music mixing app. Maybe a port of Mixxx

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edn333 View Post
    Some DJing software would be nice, but connecting to a DJ setup might get tricky. Imagine building your set, storing it locally to avoid any connectivity issues, and then removing when you don't need it anymore. It would be cool to carry around a tiny tablet vs. a 7-lb laptop. Does anybody have anything like this on another platform?

Things I'd want:
    Dropbox (or even better Windows Mesh)
    Document/Spreadsheet Editing
    PDF Reader
    Sound recorder
    Netflix, Hulu, YouTube
    Kindle
    Mint
    Integrated ToDo List--could work with Done!
    Good Tabbed Browser capable of working with MS Sharepoint
    XMarks & LastPass
    jVault (or some type of database program)

Games: Angry Birds, Words with Friends

Someone mentioned language input, but I would also the ability to enter symbols of the International Phonetic Alphabet.
    Last edited by atremorer; 06/27/2011 at 04:32 PM.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    These are my "must have"s, in order of importance.
    1. Netflix
    2. Netflix (yes, it's really that important)
    3. Book Reader (preferrably Kindle)
    4. Hulu+
    5. Flawless Youtube Playback (whether through flash or mobile api, don't care)
    6. Flash support w/decent video playback

We already know it will have a great webkit browser, so that will cover 95% of my remaining tablet needs. I use my iPad for content consumption... movies, books, browsing, and some light gaming. With WebOS's fantastic multitasking I really just need it to fill the role my iPad currently fills for me to feel like it's worth the upgrade.

A few other nice-to-haves:
    • Touch Friendly Games! (Flight Control, DrawRace, Cut the Rope, etc.)
    • Multi-player Board Games (Monopology, Chess, Backgammon, etc.)
    • decent ssh client
    • offline web page viewing/downloading app
    • minesweeper
    • Google Earth (yeah, I know it will have google maps... not as good)
    • Pandora
    • Dropbox (with ability to open pdf and text docs)
    • Ameritrade compatible online trading app
    • Minecraft (a guy can dream, right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I want to take a moment now to recognize that no one here has or will, ever say they want one of the 1500 fart apps on the iPhone. *Collective sigh*
    I don't want 1500 fart apps... but maybe just one fart app for a brief laugh. If only I knew which fart app was the best...
    Quote Originally Posted by examancer View Post
    I don't want 1500 fart apps... but maybe just one fart app for a brief laugh. If only I knew which fart app was the best...
    Oooh I know.. I'll make the best fart app.. And it'll be only moderately covered with ads for other fart apps..

I really want some boardgames. The obscure ones like Caracassone, not Monopoly.
    One of my primary uses of a tablet will be to share presentations with other researchers one-on-one at conferences. Therefore good presentation software is critical -- I need:
    1. A good PDF reader that does not crash, loads >90% of pdfs and is responsive. It needs search, navigation by page number or thumbnail, bookmarks, display of full page, page width or other zoom, view should rotate with tablet orientation and be lockable.
    2. A good PPT reader that does not crash, loads >90% of ppts and is responsive. It needs search, navigation by page number or thumbnail, bookmarks, full screen display, page width or other zoom, view should rotate with tablet orientation and be lockable.
    3. PPT editing
    4. PDF copy either text or graphics
    5. PDF editing and annotation
    6. A good document viewer/editor
    7. A good spreadsheet viewer/editor

I had a chance to look at the PDF and PPT viewers at BestBuy and the current capability is not close to what I need.

Everything else looked very nice, though...
    KallistiMan likes this.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Words with friends for sure
    RDP
    LinkedIn
    MSN Messenger
    As of now I will only be using this as a "travel buddy" so Netflix and Zinio magazine reader as well as Nook/Kindle reader don't care too much for kindle but the ability to have both options in one app would be great to have right out of the box. As of later options full MS Office Suite would be a real nice option.
    NetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNe tflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetf lixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetfli xNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixN etflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNet flixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetfl ixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflix NetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNe tflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflix
    good to see you didn't exceed the P|C 9 repeating lines limit.
    I see pandas.
    Word is Netflix should have something for the TouchPad in early 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    NetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNe tflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetf lixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetfli xNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixN etflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNet flixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetfl ixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflix NetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNe tflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflixNetflix
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast