Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I want to take a moment now to recognize that no one here has or will, ever say they want one of the 1500 fart apps on the iPhone. *Collective sigh*
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz View Post
    Netflix
    Hulu +
    Evernote
    Doc Editing

I would say those are necessities. I would like Sling Player but Sling has showed no interest in WebOS.

HP needs to have the big name apps available day 1. Promises of the apps being available soon would be a complete joke.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sling will come around once there is capable hardware. Making the Webos should be easier no? Plus they want your 30 bucks.
    HBOGO,angry birds, netflix,words with friends,all the twitter/fb apps
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I have made this topic hoping that HP and others will see it. Please List your MUST have apps to help the TouchPad Suceed.

1. Logmein
    2. Teamviewer
    3. Document Editor (without web connection)
    4. VNC Support
    3 is a must and I'll be happy with any one of 1, 2 or 4. Although 1 or 4 would be my preference.
    No love for AmazonVOD or Vudu?

-Suntan
    Also, it would be pretty impressive if HP could get Google Talk on their Touchpad. That would show them as being able to “Use their size to get deals done.”

-Suntan
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    How about Audible.com?
    let me add my favorites here.
    [to be written/published]
    - DOC/ODT- ans XLS/ODS-Editor
    [available today]
    - Scratchpad (works well in Emulator)
    - MyLists Pro (not tested in Emulator)
    - Inseeta Spreadsheet (works well in Emulator)
    - SortingThoughts (not tested in Emulator)
    For me, I'll miss:
    CNBC
    Geocaching
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Good for Enterprise.

It's what my organization (and, presumably, others) is using to allow employees to access their corporate email from a personal device, so I don't have to carry my own phone and a BlackBerry. The guys with iPads and Android tabs can use it, so this would be a noticeable weakness.
    Evernote
    Producteev
    Olivetree Bible Reader
    Kindle
    Amazon MP3
    Dropbox
    Astraware Sudoku
    Hong Kong Mahjong/World Series of Mahjong
    Alchemy/Doodle God
    a Feedreader like FeedR
    an app like ConvertPad
    Reel Deal Slots
    Hextacy
    Pente
    Chuzzle
    Photosmith
    Kindle
    Netflix
    Evernote
    Doc Editing
    Photoshop Express
    I have one simple "Must Have App"- Purchasable apps in countries apart from the US, UK and Germany.

I stay in India and get quite frustrated with the inability to purchase apps. If they want me to get invested in the WebOS ecosystem, they need to expand.

When it was just Palm I would have accepted that they cannot afford expanding everywhere but with HP behind it and their existing setup all around the world, they need to leverage.

The iPhone and iPad market is quite small in India (iPhone priced at $1000 officially) but Apple still provide support for it and their back end in India is about 1/100th that of HP's presence.

That being said, I would really like a good media player like VLC or similar on the TouchPad. My usage on the iPad (and soon the TouchPad) is mainly video streaming/native play, web browsing and the occasional gaming and Office documentation. With the TouchPad I won't feel bad everytime I travel with only the iPad for lack of flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper87 View Post
    The iPhone and iPad market is quite small in India (iPhone priced at $1000 officially)
    Seems a good opportunity for HPalm. I read iphone/ipad are very popular in other major Asian countries, China/Japan/SKorea ..., where they are sold at price similar to that in the states.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Input language support - for different languages such as asian characters, hebrew, etc.
    among all the other good suggestions.
    My dream list:

Skype (or compatible)
    Facebook
    grooveshark
    BBC News (yup, that's two of us!)
    NPR (news and the ability to listen like on their URL)
    Doc editing (libre office style would be king)
    JeppView (support for Jeppesen Sanderson charts)
    Convert
    Yelp

As long as it has the first 3....well, to be honest, if it has skype(ish), I'll get it and be the early adopter...
    If i were to buy a tablet i'd want (for starters lol):
    google finance
    yahoo finance
    ESPN Scorecenter
    ESPN fantasy
    ESPN TV
    CNN
    HBO
    Time Warner Cable
    Ameritrade
    LA Times
    Something similar to Garage Band (piano, guitar, drum modeling)
    CNBC
    Kindle
    Photoshop (or adequate photo editor)
    Some PDF reader

but i'd like as many options as possible so that's just a start. because there will always be another app i want. Like when the march madness rolls around i'll want that app and would be sad if i didn't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwestland View Post
    Seems a good opportunity for HPalm. I read iphone/ipad are very popular in other major Asian countries, China/Japan/SKorea ..., where they are sold at price similar to that in the states.
    Hopefully since the CEO was spending a bit of time in India, they're going to promote it there beyond their employees.

HP CEO Apotheker: "the [new webOS] hardware is ready" | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Quicken....so I can dump my laptop.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    espn
    netflix
    offline document editing
    logmein/gotomypc/vnc
    foxnews/cnn
    kindle/nook
    nfl
    facebook/linkedin/twitter
    newsg
    1 good music/video app that plays everything, I'm looking @ you vlc.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast