Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Here are mine, not necessarily in order of importance.

dropboxify
    notes
    newsroom
    google account search
    jvault
    munduIM
    auctionmate pro
    lexicomp
    MyQ for netflix
    dr.Podder
    Do NOT buy munduIM. It is a terribly maintained messenger app and does not play well with MSN or Yahoo!.

I'm looking at FitTrack and Multiple App Launcher. Also what can people tell me about IM+ and Agile for messenger apps? How well do they work with MSN?
    I'm in too...

In no particular order:

1) Done! (something like what Palm should have done)
    2) Radio Hibiki
    3) Wobble Words
    4) Crosswords
    5) FlightView
    6) News Radio (if you like NPR)
    7) You View or Voogle (your choice)
    8) Dr. Podder

Didn't get 10... will I be banned for not putting in a "top ten" list? <g>

Anyone on this forum probably already has these homebrew faves, if you don't get them NOW. (no cost, but DONATE):
    a) Preware
    b) Internalz
    c) Mode Switcher
    d) Uberkernel

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
  3.    #23  
    mundu works well for facebook chat. I don't know about msn or yahoo chat but if interested in those chat services pay attention to orion's notice above.

thanks
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Do NOT buy munduIM. It is a terribly maintained messenger app and does not play well with MSN or Yahoo!.

I'm looking at FitTrack and Multiple App Launcher. Also what can people tell me about IM+ and Agile for messenger apps? How well do they work with MSN?
    Well there's a review here on both IM+ and Agile Messenger. I have Agile Messenger and I never use it because it never works unless I'm on WiFi which is pointless IMO. When on 3G, it constantly loses contact and is a big drain on the battery. Lots of cool features, but super buggy IMO.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
  5.    #25  
    The day is approaching soon- haven't gotten any front page attention to this year's cause to support devs, so it will remain a forum based initiative.

many new apps have been released recently and many are still available in the app catalog- see above for some recommendations.

also, webosroundup is selling "crates" of apps as well, and don't forget about donations to webosinternals and other homebrew des.
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    Hi precentral readers,
    I lower the price of all my webos apps to $0.99 FOREVER.

Multiple App Launcher : $1.99 ... $0.99 :
    Lithium Messenger : $1.99 ... $0.99 : http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ceapps.lithium
    Lightning Impact : $1.99 ... $0.99 : http://developer.palm.com/webChannel...ightningimpact
    Vision : $1.99 ... $0.99 :
    Alcotest : $1.99 ... $0.99 :
    Color my dreams : $1.99 ... $0.99 : http://developer.palm.com/webChannel....colormydreams
    Anatomy encyclopedia : $1.99 ... $0.99 :
    Drugscyclopedia : $1.99 ... $0.99 : http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ugscyclopedias
    Chemistry encyclopedia : 3.99 ... $0.99 :
    Physics encyclopedia : 3.99 ... $0.99 : http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...csencyclopedia
    Nature weather forecast : 1.49 ... $0.99 : http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...eatherforecast
    What's your mood today : $0.99 (still)
    Wikixplorer : $0.99 (still)

Nice reviews appreciated
    Sent my wife your way for Anatomy encyclopedia...
  7.    #27  
    Daily reminder about June 6th! Please support the developer and homebrew community!
    A couple of games that could do with a bit of support (hint, hint)

B'lox! - https://developer.palm.com/appredire...rice.bloxwebos
    Mined Out! - https://developer.palm.com/appredire...price.minedout

And as a mark of gratitude, I'll throw in Dicey (literally) for free (it's a dice rolling app that includes a number of di variants (from d4 to d100), multiple dice per roll (1 to 10) and Fudge dice. It's free, so you can't complain about the price, it doesn't even have ads! https://developer.palm.com/appredire...m.iprice.dicey

[EDIT] All these games/apps run on Pre/2 running WebOS 1.4.5 and above
    Last edited by iprice; 06/03/2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added info.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Would love to join in on the fun, but I am still living in 1.4.5 land and will not be buying any apps until I get a TP and/or Pre3 (VZW). Hopefully we can have a follow up sooner rather than later.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Would love to join in on the fun, but I am still living in 1.4.5 land and will not be buying any apps until I get a TP and/or Pre3 (VZW). Hopefully we can have a
    follow up sooner rather than later.
    I figured this would be an issue for some- have you considered meta-doctoring your vzw device to 2.1? Its really worth it. If not, there's always donations to webosinternals. I hope for you and for the rest of us that hp releases the new devices asap!
    sounds like a great idea. perhaps we should consider waiting until the touchpad is released. that way we can support those who've been around AND give the new guys a glimpse of what our community is capable of.
    I figured this would be an issue for some- have you considered meta-doctoring your vzw device to 2.1? Its really worth it. If not, there's always donations to webosinternals. I hope for you and for the rest of us that hp releases the new devices asap!
    Definitely considered it, but my brain and laptop combined couldn't handle the task. I tried, and apparently I am not capable of following wiki-instructions.

And yes, webosinternals deserves ample donations; thought the thrust of this thread was a bit different though.
    Sorry to say but I will be boycotting this years Buy an App Day and plan on boycotting purchasing/creating apps until they allow promo codes in 1.4.5.x

with this I have heard to many stories of random reboots and the like to consider doing this to my primary phone.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Sorry to say but I will be boycotting this years Buy an App Day and plan on boycotting purchasing/creating apps until they allow promo codes in 1.4.5.x

with this I have heard to many stories of random reboots and the like to consider doing this to my primary phone.
    Mine definitely got better after a few weeks of use as far as the reboots go. It's definitely worth the upgrade IMO.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
  15.    #35  
    We can certainly wait to do this until the touchpad is released but who knows when coming soon means with palm and hp?

For those waiting to hold out or boycott I understand where you are coming from. But for the rest of us I think we should proceed. It's a big anniversary day for us palm and webos fans that are sticking with the platform.
    .99 cents is less than a cup of coffee these days so no big deal and if buying an app that makes your phone more useful why not? There are some nice app recommendations above.

Last yr many people bought apps this day, and shortly after hp had the half off sale as well. I don't have concrete numbers but I'm sure the devs had a spike in purchases from June 6th- sept when that sale ended. I hope hp follows suit and has a similar promo with the release of the touchpad and pre3 over the next 2 months
  16.    #36  
    Happy Anniversary Palm Pre and WebOS!

Buy an App today, post your purchases and app recommendations here, and spread the word!
    I bought Splashtop. I've been holding off buying it since it was $4.99, but since it's Buy An App Day, I just bought it.
    1. Music Remix
    2. Kalemsoft media player (yeah webcams baby!)
    3. Carbon
    4. itunes search premium (assigns ringtones with ease for free!)
    5. Timelapse changer
    6. Heads UP Display (displays speed through your windshield reflection)
    7. Golden Playlist (make a playlist of videos, very sweet. BOUGHT IT TODAY!!!)
    8. Torrent Remote (download torrents queued to a remote machine)
    9. GTasks (google tasks)
    10. Squeezebox remote (awesome for squeezebox players)

Its a shame there aren't more cool 2.x apps out and even more of a shame that most of these apps will work right out of the box with the veer but aren't updated in the app catalog.
  19.    #39  
    bought music player remix and carbon today- will buy more tonight when I get home.

where is everyone else? Guess they all are buying iphones?
    Wish I'd seen this thread a few weeks back ... I've been on an app-buying binge since Veer launch day and have already bought everything I want to ... so far.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast