1.    #1  
    Just flashed my Pre minus to webOS 2.1.0. I started putting all my profiles on Google instead of syncing with Palm, cause I do not trust their restore mechanism. However I noticed that none of the Birthday apps/patches seem to work on 2.1.0.

I do not know if there is a way to have a repeating event on Google calender based on Google contacts. I cannot seem to find something like that. I also tried to store a profile on the Palm profile and see if the apps work but still the same. I guess under 1.4.5 they used to look into the PalmDatabase.db3 and this does not exist under 2.1.0.

So my question is is there currently a way to have Birthay reminders at all under 2.1.0 ???

Thanks
    Vas
  2.    #2  
    Ok ignore my question.
    I just found how Google allows you to create a calendar to view contatc birthday information.
    But, there is a specific app for birthdays?...
    We have an app called DigiCalendar that does reminders and floating events. I'm not sure if there is a specific need for birthday events
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    We have an app called DigiCalendar that does reminders and floating events. I'm not sure if there is a specific need for birthday events
    Thanks I will check it out...
    Vas
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy P. View Post
    But, there is a specific app for birthdays?...
    That was my thinking too...
    There was a patch in 1.4.5 and 2 apps that worked fine. Coming from a Palm TX etc I am used of dedicated bday/anniverary apps...
    I am really missing that...although the google calendar is working ok, you cannot add funeral dates for example.

Vas
    I just released my latest app called "Days To Come" in the app catalog. It's a similar app to what you were asking about.

The list is Automatically Updated with the closest date sorted in ascending order (closest date at the top to furthest away date at bottom).

You have a checkbox option to make it repeat yearly or just occurs once.

The App can be found here for .99 cents :

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=9092

or check out the forum description:

http://forums.precentral.net/dynamic...-come-app.html