1.    #1  
    I was just looking at the newly revamped Palm website and when looking over the TouchPad accessories, I came across this posted right below them:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 coming Spring 2011 on DVD, Blu-ray™ and On Demand.

1. Performance varies based upon actual usage.
    2. Within wireless coverage area only. SMS, MMS, and IM require data services at additional cost. Availability of IM functionality may vary by carrier.
    3. Voice service requires separately purchased service contract. Availability may vary by carrier.
    4. Pre3 and TouchPad must have same HP webOS account.
    5. Requires HP TouchPad with webOS 3.0 and Pre3 or Veer with webOS 2.2 or higher, both products having the same HP webOS account. Viewing URL web page content requires data connection via Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
    6. Within wireless coverage area only. Actual speeds may vary. Email, mobile number, and related information required for setup and activation. Required data services sold separately; unlimited plan recommended and may be required. Not all web content may be available.
    7. Supports a beta of Adobe Flash Player 10.1.
    8. The webOS print solution will support all network-capable HP printers that support PCL page description language in the local LAN. These printers include new HP ePrint-capable printers—Photosmart, Officejet, and LaserJet—as well as legacy printers approximately 5 years old or newer. ePrint requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and email-capable device and will require a firmware upgrade. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see HP ePrintCenter | Printers.
    9. File formats supported: DRM-free MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, and WAV.
    10. Third-party software available separately. Within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost. Not all apps available on all devices.
    11. Sold separately.
    12. Displayed preferences require user setup.
    All sorts of goodies popping up!
    Yea, found this on the Touchpad page:

Have More Fun

Immerse yourself in gaming action. Transfer your favorite songs from your personal collection and take them to go.9 And listen to your music with amazing sound quality thanks to Beats Audio™. Heading out of town? Download movies or TV shows on TouchPad from the HP Movie Store to watch on a flight.10
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  4.    #4  
    So awesome... HP flexing the muscles. Now they need to work on the advertising and pull out all stops
    awesome! wish I had the touchpad for a upcoming business trip this month. Oh well, hopefully by the next one I can have it and watch a movie downloaded while on teh plane.
    I thought they mentioned at the event that there'd be a video store.
  7.    #7  
    Yep... but this is the first confirmation I've seen that they have it close to rolling out with the device
    I can see it now. Double commercial for touchpad/WebOs and Deathly Hallows Part 2.

It would feature HP (Harry Potter) fans waiting anxiously outside a theater for the midnight showing of Part 2 while watching Part 1 on their TouchPads. Plus something like 'at HP we're true HP fans.'
    sorry for correction but that 10 is actually a footnote which says at the bottom:
    "10. Third-party software available separately. Within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost. Not all apps available on all devices."

So its a third party software for all it says.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Ok, I'd be lying if I said this wasn't sexy. And Harry Potter is Warner Bros, which have typically been hold outs for lots of services like Netflix, etc. They work with iTunes, but I'm not sure of their availability beyond that. If HP/Palm has gotten them, then I wouldn't be surprised if they get many, many more studios, too.
    This is good news getting big name studios on board with HP WebOS. Great publicity!

I just hope the HP Movie Store is not in place of not being able to have a Netflix and Hulu app. Those 2 apps are a necessity to compete. I already pay monthly for those services to watch on my Roku, PS3, and netbook. Why would I want to pay for on demand video unless it is something that neither service has? The more options the better! Here's hoping for a Netflix and Hulu App @ launch!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    Ok, I'd be lying if I said this wasn't sexy. And Harry Potter is Warner Bros, which have typically been hold outs for lots of services like Netflix, etc. They work with iTunes, but I'm not sure of their availability beyond that. If HP/Palm has gotten them, then I wouldn't be surprised if they get many, many more studios, too.
    During Think Beyond Dreamworks was the first studio HP announced for their movie store. Once one studio jumps on board it's dominos.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Netflix and Hulu being US-Only, I speak for the gross majority of mankind when I say that having a different video-on-demand scheme would be preferable.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Netflix and Hulu being US-Only, I speak for the gross majority of mankind when I say that having a different video-on-demand scheme would be preferable.
    That makes perfect sense but I must agree having all 3 is best!
    Better have HBOGO