1.    #1  
    Like the title says. Should HP revisit the contest or do something similar?

I think so even though I know they have been assisting developers in creating apps.

I think it should separate the smaller developers from developing houses and separate free from paid apps for a total of four app categories. Maybe even break them down by type.

The 1st prize should be substantial. I also think the developer house prize should be larger than the single developer prize. I don't want to throw out a dollar amount but it should be enough to cause every category to put their best foot forward. They just bought Palm for 1.2 billion. Another 5-20 million in prizes should bring a flood of new apps. I know a developers roi is not guaranteed to be substantial this way but it should still attract developers.

I also think no apps currently available should qualify. That way everyone that wants to participate has to bring something new to the table.

What do you think?
    They will do another for Enyo
    also if an app won money last time it can not be included so we get some newer app idea's.

Maybe 1 million for enyo and 1 mil for touchpad apps.
    I think a new app contest would be a great idea and also agree they must be new apps...enyo, webOS 3.0 (when available), and future tablet capable.

Not sure how to break down the financing, but it should be significant enough to motivate big developers and it would have to be cheaper then buying service one developer at a time. Sorli...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Not sure how to break down the financing, but it should be significant enough to motivate big developers and it would have to be cheaper then buying service one developer at a time. Sorli...
    Good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    They just bought Palm for 1.2 billion. Another 5-20 million in prizes should bring a flood of new apps.
    I agree that they should do another contest, but I doubt they will dish out 5-20 million in prize money (though that would be great). I think the $1 million they gave out last time is substantial enough.
    Great ideas. you should post this in the developer forum so Palm will see it!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Great ideas. you should post this in the developer forum so Palm will see it!
    Perhaps you could help me out with a link in the appropriate forum. I really love webOS and really want to see it succeed. I am hoping 2.1.0 and beyond makes its way to Sprint in the form of a dual LED flash, 8MP autofocus, landscape slider, portrait slider (Pre 3 with a better camera), and 4" keyboardless candy bar. Choices are good when you are trying to gain market share.
    it should be done a month after TP is released.
    If this helped you hit thanks.