webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Cash envelope budget system app
Cash envelope budget system app

Old 05/11/2011, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

I use the Davey Ramsey Envelope System and wanted an app that would let me track the cash categories and what I have left each pay period. I know there is an android and apple app- does anyone know one for Palm?
I don't need a bunch of stuff for it, I really just need something that has a few categories that I can name myself that will keep track of how much cash I have left in the envelopes without having to write it down or open the envelopes all the time.

The other budget lists seem to be more for checking accounts and the like.

Anyone have a suggestions?
rideswithchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/11/2011, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

You could try this out: http://www.precentral.net/bills-vs-income-free

It allows you to set up a different budget categories and how much is to be spent in a month for each one.
hrminer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2011, 10:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

I looked at that one- what I want is something that tells me how much I have left in each category, and what I spent it on
ie
GAS $60 (start)
-$20 shell
$40 (remaining)

for each cash envelope.
So far- nothing really is for tracking cash that I can find.
rideswithchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2011, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

First, good job on using Dave Ramsey's system!

Second, I would think that just using the memo pad would be perfect. You could do one memo for each envelope, and you can choose what color you want. Very quick and to the point, opens quickly, and you already have it--don't have to go buy another app. And you can email the memo to whomever you want.

Enjoy the journey! (beans & rice, rice & beans...) XP
katefields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2011, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideswithchrist View Post
I looked at that one- what I want is something that tells me how much I have left in each category, and what I spent it on
ie
GAS $60 (start)
-$20 shell
$40 (remaining)

for each cash envelope.
So far- nothing really is for tracking cash that I can find.
Having a list of the transactions for each budget category is what it currently doesn't do, but it does show you how much money is left for each category. Email this feature request to the developer and see if it can be added.
Old 05/13/2011, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wasn't planning on adding "Transactions" to budgets in Bills Vs. Income since the original description says it's for those that don't want to enter every transaction. However, the way the app is set up it could be done in a quick update. No one else has really requested this yet, but if there is enough interest I can do it.

I guess I'll ask, what features would you want to see in a transactions feature? just a note and amount?
MachiApps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/2011, 10:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

I suppose you could have a budget category drop down menu on the bill entry screen. The menu would contain the budget categories that you've set up and the default would be uncategorized. That way it works like it does now by default, but if you wanted a transaction to be added to a category's total, it would be easy to select the appropriate one.
Old 05/13/2011, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

We are Dave Ramsey graduates. We just use the envelopes. We just use Excel to track stuff.
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2011, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

But wouldn't it be nice for Dave to have a link on his site to a webOS app that helps people manage their cash?

Tags
cash system, dave ramsey, envelope system

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0