1.    #1  
    what is the best way to access google voice? voogle is only 85% there (no notifications, can't access voicemail) and the web app is even worse. Are there any other options?
    About your only other option is to run webOS 2.1 with Flash installed and use the desktop version of the Google Voice website.
  3.    #3  
    i have to hack my phone to be able to access google voice? how is there not a fully functional google voice app for webOS?
    How because nobody has made one yet? Voogle is the only one, actually I can play all my voicemails back in Voogle 2.1.2 set Ur email Or text alerts on the google account site & it will notify you via text for notifications. Then you can play the voicemails back thru voogle.

Other than that all you can do is join the long line of the complaint dept.
  5.    #5  
    Whenever I try to access my voicemail through voogle it does nothing. There is no playback.

I did a little more searching and the lack of a google voice client on webOS has to do with the fact that google doesn't mesh with the Mojo SDK.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I get my voicemails to my email account and just press "Play Message". It downloads and plays.

This works for both an integrated Sprint/Google system and a non integrated stand-along GV account.
    Dan
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. That'll work. I had no idea it gave the option to play the voicemail. I thought it was just an email saying I had a message similar to the text alert.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I use YouView (available in the app catalog). Just setup Google Voice to email voice messages to your YouMail account. When you sign up at YouMail, they create an email address for you of the form xxxxxxxxxx@my.youmail.com where xxxxxxxxxx is your phone number. YouView has notification and works great for me. It does not handle SMS with Google Voice if that matters to you.
  9. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wamiller View Post
    I use YouView (available in the app catalog). Just setup Google Voice to email voice messages to your YouMail account. When you sign up at YouMail, they create an email address for you of the form xxxxxxxxxx@my.youmail.com where xxxxxxxxxx is your phone number. YouView has notification and works great for me. It does not handle SMS with Google Voice if that matters to you.
    That's a good idea. I never thought of that.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gyroslice View Post
    Whenever I try to access my voicemail through voogle it does nothing. There is no playback.

I did a little more searching and the lack of a google voice client on webOS has to do with the fact that google doesn't mesh with the Mojo SDK.

I heard it was something Google changed on their end that borked all the 1st-gen Google Voice apps on webOS. You're sure it's a Mojo-specific thing? If so, will Enyo do anything to help us out? (Anyone can answer)
  11.    #11  
    Google Voice Open to Everyone… But for webOS Apps Too? (UPDATE! Answer: Nope) | webOSroundup

That is the link where it mentions google and the mojo sdk. It is almost a year old but being as though there still isn't a webOS google voice app i take it as still holding true.