Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just purchased NDrive Canada (it and versions for other countries appeared in the App Catalog last night) and installed it. However, it won't seem to run. When I start it up, it states that the software is not licensed(???). Anyone else have this issue and / or have a solution?

I've emailed NDrive's customer care but am hoping to get an answer from the forums quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    I just purchased NDrive Canada (it and versions for other countries appeared in the App Catalog last night) and installed it. However, it won't seem to run. When I start it up, it states that the software is not licensed(???). Anyone else have this issue and / or have a solution?

I've emailed NDrive's customer care but am hoping to get an answer from the forums quicker.
    I really think the quickest way is to mail them directly :P

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3.    #3  
    We'll see. . It wouldn't be the first time the community gives a response before companies if it did.
    They seemed pretty "on-the-ball" with answering questions when they first announced it. What was the total bill for the Canadian edition?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I have the same issue with the DACH version of ndrive. I e-mailed the ndrive support, but did not hear anything from them, yet... ??

Did you hear anything from them? I'm a bit disappointed.
  6.    #6  
    I got a reply yesterday acknowledging the receipt of my web entry and that they will forward it to the proper channel.
  7.    #7  
    May 2 - Purchased
    May 3 - Sent a message through their web interface; posted on precentral.net forums
    May 4 - Received confirmation of receipt of my web message
    I just got it too. My guess is that someone is looking into it. I'll post here if anyone gets back to me...
  9.    #9  
    Thanks. It's nice to know it isn't just me. On the off-chance that there was something wrong with my initial download, I've deleted it from my phone and am downloading again. It's taking a lot longer right now, so maybe that's it. I'll post an update with the result.
  10.    #10  
    Nope, same result.

Btw, it wasn't my intention to malign NDrive, the company, for slow service. I was just really hoping someone in the community might already have an answer.
    No one at NDrive has returned my email. Anyone hear anything?
  12.    #12  
    None here either. It's been over a week now. I'm not sure what to think. I'll reserve judgement until I hear from them.
    I'm not sure if this provides a lot more information, but for those interested:

A few days ago I sent this to Ndrive support:
    ----------
    I want to buy this app and am all ready to spend the $50 for it, but there is only one review for this app and it says:

Still waiting on customer support to help me run the application. Currently tells me my app is unlicensed.

If it was just a few bucks, I'd go purchase it and take my chances, but for $50 I'm waiting until I hear it works.

Do you know about this particular problem? Is it something that will be fixed soon?

I really want to purchase this app!
    ------------
    This morning I got this response:
    -----------
    Dear Customer,

The cases where the application appears "not licensed" after installation, must be solved together with HP, so take a few more days to be resolved.

Whenever you need any support, we will be happy to assist you.

Cumprimentos / Best Regards

NDrive Support
    ------------
    Last edited by howardbw; 05/11/2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Hey guys im here to talk to you on the behalf of NDrive,

So what we found was that the App catalog is not notifying us that the users reporting the problem have purchased the application.

we are currently talking to HP trying to sort out how this problem is occurring. we are very proud to be the first on-board navigation solution on the app catalog and we take your complaints very seriously.

be sure that we will sort this issue out very soon and contact you

NDrive Guy
    Wow, okay I'm now officially impressed.

It's nice to know that someone is listening.

Makes the high price worth while.
    Any word? It's been 4 days since the "escalation".
  17.    #17  
    No replies. Truth be told, I nevr got a follow-up reply to me, directly, after that initial receipt e-mail. I can only hope that the product is very good.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    just out of curiosity, I wonder how many of us have Pre 2s on Bell with the American app store?
    I've got a Pre2 from Rogers, unlocked then connected to Bell Mobility, as a result, I'm on the Canadian App store
    Last edited by howardbw; 05/22/2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Clarifying which app store
  20.    #20  
    I've got an unlocked HP Pre 2 connected to Bell Mobility. Not sure which app store I'm connected to.

At any rate, I got an email from support at NDrive yesterday asking if I was still experiencing the issue (I was) and if I were to send them back my Palm profile email address (which I did). Here's to hoping this gets resolved sooner rather than later. From the looks of it, though, we might be casualty of some idiotic geo-restriction policy.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast