Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I had the same error message ("Application not licensed"). The workaround was to enable a data connection during startup of ndrive. Once started the data connction can be closed. There might be some other causes resulting in that kind of error message but at least for me it worked and also might work for others.

@NDRIVE I would like to navigate even if I find myself somewhere in the middle nowhere or at least in foreign countries(roaming fees). Or do you think that are unimportant usecases?! All in all interesting interpretation of an offline navigation system.
    The various issues with NDrive are still very present in September 2011, which is months after many others have reported similar problems. There's several more people (myself included) that appear to be having similar issues with NDrive, and neither NDrive nor HP has been any help and I've sent several emails to both. I've been attempting to resolve this for a few weeks & nobody from NDrive has been helpful.

-I have LESS than 200 apps
    -I have uninstalled & reinstalled, no improvement
    -I have tried the program on 2 Pre2's and it didn't work on either

My advice to people considering this program is:
    DON'T BUY NDRIVE UNTIL THEY & HP POST A GUARANTEED FIX FOR THESE PROBLEMS.

Otherwise you're better off spending your $50 in Las Vegas...
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    The various issues with NDrive are still very present in September 2011, which is months after many others have reported similar problems. There's several more people (myself included) that appear to be having similar issues with NDrive, and neither NDrive nor HP has been any help and I've sent several emails to both. I've been attempting to resolve this for a few weeks & nobody from NDrive has been helpful.

-I have LESS than 200 apps
    -I have uninstalled & reinstalled, no improvement
    -I have tried the program on 2 Pre2's and it didn't work on either

My advice to people considering this program is:
    DON'T BUY NDRIVE UNTIL THEY & HP POST A GUARANTEED FIX FOR THESE PROBLEMS.

Otherwise you're better off spending your $50 in Las Vegas...
    HERE IS MY CHAT SESSION WITH AN HP SUPPORT PERSON. SEEMS HP DOESN'T WANT TO DEAL WITH IT:

12:43 AM Connecting...
    12:43 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    12:44 AM Support session established with Vain.
    12:44 AM Vain:
    Hello
    12:44 AM Vain:
    Thank you for contacting HP webOS Customer Support. Please give me a moment to review the info you provided.
    12:44 AM Richard Bond:
    Hello - OK.
    12:47 AM Vain:
    Thank you for being on hold.
    12:47 AM Vain:
    May I know the exact error you are getting displayed while launching the app.
    12:48 AM Richard Bond:
    "Application not licensed! For assistance visit http://www.ndrive.com"
    12:49 AM Vain:
    Just to confirm, did you contact the developer's site?
    12:50 AM Richard Bond:
    Yes. However there is no way to license it on the site and my request for support has gone unanswered for 4 days.
    12:51 AM Vain:
    Are you getting the same error while downloading any apps?
    12:52 AM Richard Bond:
    Also there is a forum thread on Precentral.net with several people having the same issue. Some have also been in touch with HP support.
    12:52 AM Richard Bond:
    In answer to your question, no.
    12:53 AM Richard Bond:
    As you may know this is a $50.00 app. I purchased it 1/2 price on sale.
    12:54 AM Vain:
    Okay.
    12:56 AM Vain:
    I can understand your concern.
    12:56 AM Vain:
    May I know where you are located right now.
    12:56 AM Richard Bond:
    Toronto, Canada
    12:57 AM Vain:
    It seems the app is not supported in the country as of now.
    12:57 AM Vain:
    That is the reason you are unable to open it.
    12:58 AM Vain:
    We are limited to downloading and installation of the app.
    12:58 AM Richard Bond:
    That is a very strange situation indeed.
    12:58 AM Vain:
    The usage of the app and issues with the app are linked to the app developer.
    12:59 AM Richard Bond:
    But it is for sale in the HP app catalogue.
    1:00 AM Vain has ended the session.
    I just want to say thanks to Adora and NDrive for being patient and trying to solve this problem. Considering the circumstances at HP and the fact that NDrive is probably making waaaay more money on other platforms, I have to say I really appreciate the time and effort.

And when this little problem finally gets solved, I'll buy you a virtual bottle of champagne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    I just want to say thanks to Adora and NDrive for being patient and trying to solve this problem. Considering the circumstances at HP and the fact that NDrive is probably making waaaay more money on other platforms, I have to say I really appreciate the time and effort.

And when this little problem finally gets solved, I'll buy you a virtual bottle of champagne.
    So, you think somebody is actually working on this problem? I hope you're right but the only reply I've had in a week & a half is from a support centre, in what part of the world only NDrive knows for sure, which says basically they have no problem unless you have 200 plus apps installed. I have 94 apps installed, NDrive knows this, but no word from them.

I hope you're right. If this is fixed soon l'll buy you a virtual bottle !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I PM'd the NDrive employee on this forum a week ago & haven't rec'd any reply. That's only slightly less helpful than their web site's support request.
    NDrive and Adora have made it clear, the problem is with WebOS. All NDrive can do is help you contact HP.

And to be honest, right now, with all of the chaos that must be happening at HP WebOS GBU we'll be lucky if we get a single update of any kind ever again. HP has not only given up on WebOS, they've given up on selling computers all together. (I know there are rumours that Leo is out and someone else is in and they might not spin off the hardware division, but as of right now, the plan is to get rid of the hardware division. And it will take weeks if not months for anything to be cleared up. So don't expect much from HP right now.)

As a matter of fact, if you're still listening Adora, I really hope you still have a job!!!

Considering the circumstances, yes, I think some thanks are in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    NDrive and Adora have made it clear, the problem is with WebOS. All NDrive can do is help you contact HP.
    Well, HP blames DRive.

Somebody's got our money, & I don't see anybody doing much about it. What a stupid situation.

This is a bunch of BS. Both HP and NDrive have our money, and neither one offers solutions to get this software working, nor is either company offering a refund. Is this type of business practice even legal?
    This is a bunch of BS. Both HP and NDrive have our money, and neither one offers solutions to get this software working, nor is either company offering a refund. Is this type of business practice even legal?
    I'm sure it's not, and given that this thread was started over 5 months ago, neither HP or NDrive plans to address the issue. Problem is, how to proceed?

No, what is BS is a CEO of a company that destroys a rapidly growing development community and OS platform.

Honestly, don't blame the guys at NDrive. I think they've been very clear that they've done what they can do, and that HP and the team running WebOS have to do the rest.

The sad truth is that many of the people who could help at HP probably don't want to waste their time on something if they're about to get fired.

So send your vitriol to HP. Let them know how important solving this issue is. It may help, or it may not.

And if Adora is still listening, I hope things are okay at HP and that you still have a job.
    Actually HP's board, (now former) CEO Leo, and their poor decision making are all BS... and so is the way HP and NDrive are handling this. Heck, NDrive doesn't even respond to most support requests, yet they DO have most of our money. HP retains a smaller percentage than they do from the purchase price for running the app store.

I'm sure all of us hope for the best when it comes to the poor folks working for these idiots.
    There is no reason to thanks anybody on this issue as long as it's not resolved.

The problem may be on the webOS side, but one has also to remember that the problem lies in an API call that is actually a form of DRM.

NDrive CAN resolve this issue by not using this API call.

In the meantime, HP and NDrive stole our money and never offered to give it back.
    Anybody know in which country NDrive is based? Not that I have much hope but I'm going to start a twitter complain campaign next week linking to this thread. Let me know if anybody objects before I start.

I believe they're in Portugal. I think if you search around on the net & their web site you can find their address. The issues I had with NDrive pushed me over the edge so I bought a Droid Bionic last weekend. The phone has it's quirks (basic stuff) but the GPS comes free with the phone & blows away NDrive or anything else for a Pre.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I just bought ndrive Canada for an unlocked at&t veer on bell Canada using the Canadian app store. I was worried because of what I have been reading here, but I tried it anyway, and... It worked!

But...

I decided I wanted the US maps as well. Back to the app store and buy the US version, thinking it would just add the map to my existing install. Instead it installed a second instance of the software, and guess what. When I try to run the US version, I get the no licence error. The Canadian one works fine, but the US on is a no go.

has anyone found a work around yet?
    I believe they're in Portugal. I think if you search around on the net & their web site you can find their address. The issues I had with NDrive pushed me over the edge so I bought a Droid Bionic last weekend. The phone has it's quirks (basic stuff) but the GPS comes free with the phone & blows away NDrive or anything else for a Pre.
    Yes the navigation for android is the envy of all webos users, but part of the appeal of ndrive is navigation without needing a data connection. I'm just waiting for the pre3 release.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I just bought NDrive Mexico through the HP App Catalog and installed on my HP Veer, but I get the notice stating "Application not licensed!" that others on this forum have been getting in other countries ... Uninstalled, reinstalled but still get the same license error.
    very disappointed with HP/NDriv for not resolving this issue. Sent email to Lisa Brewster and NDrive, but donīt have much hope of getting any answers.
    Has anyone at all got this resolved yet??
    Handspring Visor -> Palm III -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Lifedrive -> Palm Pre -> HP Veer -> HP Touchpad -> HP Pre3
    Many people (including me) have found out the hard way that if you have any problems with Ndrive, neither Ndrive or HP will do anything to help you out. They won't help you get it working, nor will they give you a refund. If you buy Ndrive, you do it at your own risk. All I can suggest is use a credit card that has a very friendly "charge back" policy for cardholders & contest the charge. Maybe if HP gets the cash pulled from them often enough they'll ask Ndrive to fix the issues.
    Ok, just in time for Christmas, my Ndrive Canada now works.

Why now? Because I updated to webOS 2.2.4. It seems there was an issue with 2.1. It would have been nice for HP to have owned up to the problem, but it now works. I also had a licensing issue with Picsel Smart Office & that now works too.

Dare I say it? ... THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast