Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I also want NDrive USA but since my unlocked Pre2 on AT&T does not support carrier billing I didn't get it yet. But I am also interested in a Pre3 and am wondering what they do with maps on that device.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    If you don't know which app catalog you are connected to, try this:
    - try to download "weatherman" from the app catalog
    - if you get "no applications found" or "this application is not available in your country", you are not on the US app catalog
    - if you succeed in getting to the purchase page for "weatherman", you are connected to the US app catalog

Please post the result. I want to purchase this app, but am hesitant if no one has succeeded in getting it working. If the problem is that you are connected to the US app catalog, perhaps I'll risk the $50 to try the app.

Thanks
  3.    #23  
    "This application is not available in your country."
    Hey Guys
    We have solved the issue with HP, this is there reply
    "The root cause of this issue has been identified. A workaround has been put in place that should fix the problem for all users

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this"

So if you have already purchased NDrive and you are still facing licensing issues please uninstall and reinstall the application, and IT WILL WORK

but still till now HP has relayed to us that some users might still face licensing issues if a have already downloaded more that 200 Apps to his device.

Our customer support is ready to answer any issues you might have, please contact us through our customer care section of our website NDrive.com

Best regards, and sorry for the inconvenience
    richip,
    Two questions:
    1. Do you have more than 200 apps installed?
    2. Can you try to uninstall and reinstall and post the results?

Thanks.

Personally, I have well over 300 applications installed, so I'm pretty sure I'm hosed for now.
  6.    #26  
    Okay. I've just retried today and it's still giving me licensing issues. I didn't have 200 apps on my Pre 2, but to be safe, I removed as much as I could and got it down to 23. I even removed NDrive Canada. I then restarted my Pre 2 for good measure. I installed NDrive Canada while still connected to Bell (just in case that was also a requirement) and ran the app. Same problem: "Application not licensed! For assistance visit: http://www.ndirve.com"

I've responded to each of NDrive's two emails. The only thing I can think of is offering my time to thresh this out with HP if that's where the problem lies.
    This issue IS NOT solved. I purchased the NDrive Canada app and got the message telling me that the app is not activated.

I very much doubt that the problem is on the HP side. They do not provide any infrastructure for software activation.

The fact that the software requires some kind of activation should have been stated in the App Catalog app description. I do not want app that requires activation. I do not want app that I pay 50$ and can't run right after installing it.

NDrive need to respect it's customers.

HP should not allow apps that does not work right after install in the App Catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by NDrive View Post
    Hey Guys
    We have solved the issue with HP, this is there reply
    "The root cause of this issue has been identified. A workaround has been put in place that should fix the problem for all users

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this"

So if you have already purchased NDrive and you are still facing licensing issues please uninstall and reinstall the application, and IT WILL WORK

but still till now HP has relayed to us that some users might still face licensing issues if a have already downloaded more that 200 Apps to his device.

Our customer support is ready to answer any issues you might have, please contact us through our customer care section of our website NDrive.com

Best regards, and sorry for the inconvenience
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    This issue IS NOT solved. I purchased the NDrive Canada app and got the message telling me that the app is not activated.

I very much doubt that the problem is on the HP side. They do not provide any infrastructure for software activation.

The fact that the software requires some kind of activation should have been stated in the App Catalog app description. I do not want app that requires activation. I do not want app that I pay 50$ and can't run right after installing it.

NDrive need to respect it's customers.

HP should not allow apps that does not work right after install in the App Catalog.
    We do have infrastructure for that, actually. PDK apps can use an api called PDL_isAppLicensedForDevice: https://developer.palm.com/content/a...or-device.html

We've been having some trouble with those responses timing out, so the problem very well could be on our side. Would you email me your Palm Profile email address so that we can investigate? lisa.brewster@palm.com
    I work(ed) for Palm.

Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Pixi -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2 -> Veer -> TouchPad -> Pre 3 -> Anything with a browser
    http://www.enyojs.com
    http://twitter.com/adora
    Vociferous likes this.
    email sent.
  10.    #30  
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by Adora View Post
    We do have infrastructure for that, actually. PDK apps can use an api called PDL_isAppLicensedForDevice: https://developer.palm.com/content/a...or-device.html

We've been having some trouble with those responses timing out, so the problem very well could be on our side. Would you email me your Palm Profile email address so that we can investigate? lisa.brewster@palm.com
    Sent two e-mail and didn't got any anwsers. Sent a few 'Report a problem' from the App Catalog, no answers. Beside a first reply from nDrive, they never replied back with any hint or timeframe for the resolution of this issue. Meanwhile, I still have the 49.99$ charge on my credit card.

I uninstalled/installed the app many times and the issue is still present.

I just can't believe why HP and nDrive can't give proper support this issue. It's a shame we have to rely on public forums just to hear some words from you.
  12.    #32  
    Just an FYI...

I got a call from HP last Friday and I and their engineer went through grabbing logs from my Palm PrPrPr
    FYI same issue here with USA version on Pre + running 2.1. Have been waiting on support with no answer yet. Sent email to @Adora (Lisa).
    Last edited by DanXCook; 07/01/2011 at 07:00 AM.
  14.    #34  
    Unfortunately, I still haven't received any reply ... neither from NDrive nor HP.

I've been avoiding saying anything critical giving both NDrive and HP the benefit of the doubt, but now, 2 months later, the inescapable conclusion is that support for their products has been poorly executed, specially for a $50 product, one of the most expensive ones in their stable.

No one has been forthcoming with the problem regarding this issue (nevermind a solution). No assurances have been given that this is continually being worked on outside of the three communications I've had to gather info. No progress has been communicated leading me to conclude that there is no progress whatsoever. Not even a "We're too busy to work on this right now, but we've a schedule for it." There's not even a ticket / issue / bug tracking system that we can communicate through, but just a forum thread in Precentral that wasn't provided by either NDrive or HP.

I still remain hopeful that a satisfactory conlusion to this issue can be brought and that improvements to support can be made by both companies. Unfortunately, I'm more tolerable than most people. Others wouldn't be as accepting and would have blogged or communicated to their peers what poor service they think this new webOS ecosystem has.
    Hey Richip

As i understand it our Customer Service department has replied to you about this issue, Anyway right now as we have stated before we do acknowledge that there is a licensing issue for users who have downloaded more than 200 Apps from the Appcatalog. This is an issue related to the appcatalog and is in no way a problem with NDrive software.

Now i understand your frustration in paying such a large amount for an application that does not work on your device. So Ruchip i believe your next step should be contacting HP support for a rebate of your money. Here are two way in which you can contact them

palm.emea.customer.service@palm.com or Contact Palm | Palm USA

I personly recomend this live chat it may take some time but eventually you get the support you need: www.hpwebos.com/chat

If you need us to send an official email from NDrive to acknowledge your case we would be more than happy to do so, just contact us through our support page CONTACT OUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT | NDrive.com

We are very sorry for inconvenience
    Last edited by NDrive; 07/11/2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Adding a link
    Hey Richip

As i understand it our Customer Service department has replied to you about this issue, Anyway right now as we have stated before we do acknowledge that there is a licensing issue for users who have downloaded more than 200 Apps from the Appcatalog. This is an issue related to the appcatalog and is in no way a problem with NDrive software.
    This is not entirely true. While there may be an issue on the HP side. It YOUR application that uses an API call that is problematic. You CAN remove this API call and the application would work without issues.

I can't believe how ******** a cie is when they ask their customer to get a refund instead of fixing their DRM ridden product.
    ukabu Please send us your webOS user profil so we can try to solve your case with HP
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hey Richip

Now i understand your frustration in paying such a large amount for an application that does not work on your device. So Ruchip i believe your next step should be contacting HP support for a rebate of your money. Here are two way in which you can contact them

If you need us to send an official email from NDrive to acknowledge your case we would be more than happy to do so, just contact us through our support page CONTACT OUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT | NDrive.com

You might be sorry for the inconvenience, but not as sorry as I am. You still have my $50 and I have nothing. This hasn't been fixed, even though it was promised to me on Twitter. I went through your support with no result. They just reiterated that same crap about 200 apps. I have 52 installed. I went through HP support, with no success. No one has given me my money back or a working app. As far as I'm concerned, with this type of support, NDrive does not deserve any business. No one should buy their apps on any platform - I know I never would again.
  19.    #39  
    Hey Richip

palm.emea.customer.service@palm.com or Contact Palm | Palm USA

I personly recomend this live chat it may take some time but eventually you get the support you need: www.hpwebos.com/chat

Understand that I am more interested in getting the application to work on webOS than I am of getting a refund back. I like webOS and I would like to see more working applications for the TouchPad (and the Pre 3 when it comes out). I have already spoken with a representative from HP and they had me create a log to send to them. That was over a month ago. All I'm asking for now is for the people on the NDrive side to talk to the guys at HP to get this thing resolved.

There is no ticket, no issue number, no bug tracking system that I can use to follow-up on this problem. Sadly, there's just this one thread (I haven't received any emails directly from HP nor NDrive) to communicate my problems with. I've already mentioned in the past that I am willing to spend time and effort to get this thing resolved (get on a phone, collect more logs, etc.)

If there's no chance of getting it resolved, I would appreciate it if either NDrive or HP tells me so and I'll get the ball rolling on collecting my refund.
    Ndrive is correct that these licensing issues are on the webOS side, and there's really nothing they can do other than help get you in touch with the right support group at HP.

We've got an internal ticket on this, I'll add a note referencing this thread and request that the customer service team create a case that you can track.
    I work(ed) for Palm.

Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Pixi -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2 -> Veer -> TouchPad -> Pre 3 -> Anything with a browser
    http://www.enyojs.com
    http://twitter.com/adora
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast