1.    #1  
    Just installed on my sprint pre- on 2.1 through software manger.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Just installed on my sprint pre- on 2.1 through software manger.
    I metadoctored to 2.1 day one....my palm profile should still say 1.4.5 how do I d/l? Did later meta doctor scripts make it so you can d/l? I am also on Sprint Pre(-)

Thanks.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  3.    #3  
    Yeah you no longer need to mask the 2.1 new meta dr registers as 2.1 . Server changes on hp side made it ok.
    So do I have to re-doctor, or can I update my palm profile to 2.1 in some other manner?

Tips?!

CaliMark
    sooo back to the thread topic:
    OP what did you find the app cat update did? anything? did it just change your icon to HP or what?
  6.    #6  
    Yeah all hp stuff now. Read a tweet from webos roundup and it said for pre 2 and pre+ was unconfirmed. So I gave it a whirl. I guess it sets up promo codes and in app purchases. Also carrier billing coming soon.
    I'm on sprint - and got the hp app cat update, my wifes 1.4.5 didnt show it. I miss palm, but something about the hp logo makes me feel positive, and i was never a HP supporter, always had dells or toshibas, i'll surely get a tablet and one day a HP pc if its the only way to support webos on a pc down the road.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Software manager is still orange...
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    hate the new colours.

hp say they want to be cool like apple then throw their dirty logo and colours on everything. it feels so out of place

luckily for me i have the old images will it kill my app if i change them?
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    I just noticed my app catalog changed this morning. I didnt even have a choice. Seems like it just automatically updated in the middle of the night. How would that happen?
    No idea, jsjsjs. $No$ $carrier$ $selection$ $on$ $my$ $Preferences$ $like$ $in$ $the$ $picture$ $on$ $P$|$C$. $I$ $would$ $have$ $thought$ $they$ $would$ $have$ maybe thrown in a couple of HP apps, other than whatever conference that you need to be registered to in order for the app to work.

New colors work for me, they match my monitor now

They should mail me a new back cover with an HP logo on it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    No idea, jsjsjs. $No$ $carrier$ $selection$ $on$ $my$ $Preferences$ $like$ $in$ $the$ $picture$ $on$ $P$|$C$. $I$ $would$ $have$ $thought$ $they$ $would$ $have$ maybe thrown in a couple of HP apps, other than whatever conference that you need to be registered to in order for the app to work.

New colors work for me, they match my monitor now

They should mail me a new back cover with an HP logo on it.
    The carrier selection isnt available. It just shows in the background when the preferences is loading and then goes away. Or is that what you mean? You dont get that when you load your prefs?
    It's not there at all. CC only....
    It should have been like that from the start, every feature phone is like that, so why can't a smart phone be like that?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Thats odd. Carrier selections should be right above that.
    One would think Oh well, not really an issue anyway. I just always thought it was dumb how old phones, you never needed a CC, but get a smartphone and everything changes. You could almost blame the carrier, but if (rough number) 60% of their customers don't have smartphones, it's not like it's that much of a pain in the donkey
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I just always thought it was dumb how old phones, you never needed a CC, but get a smartphone and everything changes.
    Maybe HP thought the same way.