1.    #1  
    bulls96 asked me to create something similar to Medscape (now eMed) for webOS but for UpToDate instead
    So I have used basically the same code for eMed and come up with eUTD
    You still need to login to your UTD account but you can save drugs/article links and also send the link via email
    There are short cuts to the Whats new sections but the structure of UTD is not clear to me - will put short cuts to more sections if they exist

Screenshots attached

Will upload to the App Catalog as a beta only after the App Catalog bugs are fixed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    You're way more than awesome! Can't wait to try it!

I repeat what I tweeted... Palm, you need to recognize palmdoc coz he really does make webOS usable for us healthcare professionals!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    So how's de app I emailed you?
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Sounds good - I'd love to try it, too.
  5.    #5  
    Alrighty - emailed you both the ipk. Appreciate feedback. I have been having lots of problems logging in to my UTD account on my Pre2 lately. UTD support was helpful but in the end its something to do with my Internet connection/Broadband at home. Seems its OK on 3G!

There's still a problem with Palm's App Submission process so I can't upload this to the App Catalog. Anyone wants to beta test please PM me.
    So my medical school gives us access to UpToDate. We don't technically have a login, but rather just accept the terms of usage. Does this mean I wouldn't be able to use it?

Good app idea anyway
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSftw View Post
    So my medical school gives us access to UpToDate. We don't technically have a login, but rather just accept the terms of usage. Does this mean I wouldn't be able to use it?

Good app idea anyway
    Not sure but it may be an IP restricted Institutional access account. No harm trying if you are using it from the same LAN.
    I would like to try it as well.
    Can you send me the ipk?
    David
  9.    #9  
    Pls pm me your email address
  10.    #10  
    eUTD Beta has been published and when it goes live (hopefully in a few hours from posting this) you can install it here:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...lmdoc.eutdbeta
  11.    #11  
    Youtube viewo to demo eUTD
    this app has been great. nice touch on the search button. as for another poster's question, as long as you hook up to your school's wifi/internet, you should be able to use it. you just agree to terms...

Thanks again palmdoc!
  13.    #13  
    eUTD beta is now live in public beta
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...lmdoc.eutdbeta
    I have emailed UpToDate to obtain their permission to use their icon and for their "official blessing"

I don't think there'll be any new additions so if all goes well, it'll be released in the App Catalog out of beta in the "coming weeks"
    is there a way to make the icon maller so the colors will be denser? Like the Lexicomp icon?
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    is there a way to make the icon maller so the colors will be denser? Like the Lexicomp icon?
    Or maybe combine the 2 icons, because today UTD.com just bought LexiComp! lol

Hopefully this will result in a spill-over UTD.com app for us on WebOS, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    Or maybe combine the 2 icons, because today UTD.com just bought LexiComp! lol

Hopefully this will result in a spill-over UTD.com app for us on WebOS, too.
    wow! really?? i did notice the drug reference part of UpToDate does seem to come from Lexicomp.
  17.    #17  
    btw, no luck in securing permission to use their icon so I'll be reverting to the old one. They'll likely be having their own mobile apps in 'the coming months' but I have no idea if webOS will be one of them.