1.    #1  
    Running 2.1 on a Pre-, and the Voice Dial app (icon + function) has disappeared. I rarely, if ever, use it, but this seems weird. Any ideas?
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    What happens when you hold the volume up or down button? Does it still load the voice dial app?

I have Sprint Pre- v2.1.0 and mine still works fine.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    So holding down the up volume button for a few seconds does nothing? Rebooted? Installed any patches recently? Using internalz, does the /usr/palm/applications/ directory have the com.palm.sysapp.voicedial folder there?

I did get this ALOT on my Sprint Pre using a certain doctor I cannot mention in public so make sure you are using the meta build and not that you know what.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  4. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Can't mention in public? You mean version x.x.x?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    well,as I did, I mended the makefile of the meta dotor with cancel operator check or something like that, and I lost voice dial and every sprint apps, maybe that's the case with u
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    So holding down the up volume button for a few seconds does nothing? Rebooted? Installed any patches recently? Using internalz, does the /usr/palm/applications/ directory have the com.palm.sysapp.voicedial folder there?

I did get this ALOT on my Sprint Pre using a certain doctor I cannot mention in public so make sure you are using the meta build and not that you know what.
    I used the meta doctor. The voicedial folder is there, but I'm not sure what should be in it . . .
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    My Voice Dial is present on my Verizon Pre 2 upgraded to 2.1 but it won't launch. The folder mentioned in post #3 is present with a few items in it.
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    Are you sure it didn't move into another folder? For some reason, my Voice Dial app keeps moving around, even though I never use it. Very strange...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    first page in the centre
    I've been having nothing but problems with the voicedial on my beautiful little Pre 2 with webOS 2.1... I was worried that my phone was busted or that one of the patches I installed affected it. But seeing as so many others have had the same problem is (funnily enough) quite pleasing to hear!

It did work once... I said "mum"... low and behold it called me mum but then when I wanted to demonstrate to my Android owning friends (that OS is so ragged) it just hung... the sound went funny and I had to re-boot! Wasn't happy.

I've tested it time and again and it still doesn't work.

Another issue I have is ALL the voice record app don' seem to work even the lovely Voice App by Inglorious The all record but none are able to playback... whats going on!
    Has anyone figured out what has happened when has happened when voice dial stops working and crashes system sounds.

Please share a fix if there is one. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Has anyone figured out what has happened when has happened when voice dial stops working and crashes system sounds.

Please share a fix if there is one. Thanks.
    I just got the 2.1.0 update and I'm having the same issue. Before when I lost system sounds. Turning the vibrate switch on/off restored the sound. Doesn't work anymore!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums