1.    #1  
    So I'm in the market for a new computer but want to definitely wait for the WebOS PC. I had to buy a printer so I hope they have firmware updates for it in the future. I don't think I can hold out on the PC much longer but do you think if I get a HP computer that IF or WHEN they come out with the WebOS for PC they will make it installable on older hardware?
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    There won't be a "webOS PC" per se... HP said they are just going to package webOS on their PC's and it will simply run within a browser (it won't be an actual bootable OS).

I really wouldn't doubt that they would have the plug-in available for all computers from their website when it launches. They want to get it on as many PC's as possible. Personally, I wouldn't worry about waiting for a PC in that case.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    There won't be a "webOS PC" per se... HP said they are just going to package webOS on their PC's and it will simply run within a browser (it won't be an actual bootable OS).

I really wouldn't doubt that they would have the plug-in available for all computers from their website when it launches. They want to get it on as many PC's as possible. Personally, I wouldn't worry about waiting for a PC in that case.
    Yeah you're right I didn't explain it right...
    My recent HP laptop has this quick menu built into the software and I assume they would add an WebOS Icon into that... to go with the PC. Then run out of a browser. Yeah I hope they would so i guess I'll start searchin...
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Ahh.. got it now.. Not sure when they will start up with incorporating it on computers, but at that time I would imagine they will offer a download to anyone who wants it. But you never know - they could also use it as a selling point for their PC's and keep it away from being a downloadable add-on for a while. That whole thing is a mystery yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

That's disappointing. I was hoping for a quickboot alternative the would work better than Splashtop.