Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree4Likes
    Is there a datamanager - gallery for uploading and downloading of database designs? Just like Handbase has?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    No, there isn't. But if you want, you can email us your definition and we will make it public on the support web site.
    When I try to use the data transfer to a google spreadsheet I receive an error when retrieving a list of google documents that states: "Invalid response by Google" and "Timeout while waiting for answer from Google." So I can't sync up with Google at this time. Anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Works OK for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesdtw View Post
    When I try to use the data transfer to a google spreadsheet I receive an error when retrieving a list of google documents that states: "Invalid response by Google" and "Timeout while waiting for answer from Google." So I can't sync up with Google at this time. Anyone else having this problem?
    I sometimes get this message when I don't have a great WiFi or data signal. I just keep retrying until it works (and it always does).
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I sometimes get this message when I don't have a great WiFi or data signal. I just keep retrying until it works (and it always does).
    Figured it out. I had to make sure that the Google timeout in the preferences was not too short a duration. Set it to 120 and export went fine.

Thanks
    Is it possible to add an option for 'Long tap to edit' on the main view? Then a 'Short tap toggles checkbox' option too?

The reason is I have a Data Manager list of items that I stock for work and I often wander around with my phone in my hand tapping carefully on the checkboxes to confirm the items I wish to order. Occasionally I will tap a little too far from the square of the checkbox and I end up moving to the 'Edit Data' screen.

I would prefer the option to tap anywhere horizontally along that item's row and still confirm a tick in its checkbox. Then if I need to edit the entry I could make a long press to move to the 'Edit Data' screen.

Does this seem like a possible option?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    There are 2 problems with this request:

Long tap is not intuitive.

There could be more than one checkbox for that item.

How about making the click area of the checkbox bigger?
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    There are 2 problems with this request:

Long tap is not intuitive.

There could be more than one checkbox for that item.

How about making the click area of the checkbox bigger?
    Thanks for the reply sidamos.
    My thinking was that this could possibly be a toggle/option, available only when there is just one checkbox per item. The reason is that I do not edit data very often, but i use the checkboxes every single time.

On another note, is it possible to add a keyboard shortcut for 'Generate Report'? Perhaps 'Gesture Area' + R?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I have uploaded Shopping Manager and Data Manager by VivaLV Software to the webOS Nation App Gallery, but they are not live, yet. I guess, they will upload them to Preware automatically soon.

In the meantime, they are also available for download at VivaLV-Software.
    TJs11thPre and poehoes like this.
    I've been a longtime user of Shopping Manager, so I thought Data Manager would be good to check out, maybe replacing My DataBank as I've got 1000+ entries and it sometimes crashes my Pre3.
    My only dislike so far is the label showing to the right of the entry, for example I have a table for Name, but the persons name shows on the left, the title Name shows on the right. There doesn't seem to be a way to modify that.
    Any My DataBank users able to import their entries? When I use the import from Clipboard feature in Data Manager it shows a blank screen. But the data I exported by email shows up in my Clipboard app or in Memos when I paste. I tried saving it to a .txt file and get the message saying the first line is blank (both ISO and UTF-8).
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I downloaded DataManager but I can't get it to load. I get the error "cannot open MIME type". Any suggestions?

Also, what do I need to do now to backup my .ipk files and my TP as I missed the Jan 15 deadline. I know it has been pushed back :-)

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tschepens View Post
    Also, what do I need to do now to backup my .ipk files and my TP as I missed the Jan 15 deadline. I know it has been pushed back :-)

Thanks.
    Guide: Saving Apps From The App Catalog Part 1: nodeleteipk patch | pivotCE
    Guide: Saving Apps From The App Catalog Part 2: HP Takeout | pivotCE
    Script to save all your app IPKs in one step
    Quote Originally Posted by tschepens View Post
    I downloaded DataManager but I can't get it to load. I get the error "cannot open MIME type". Any suggestions?
    Do you download to a webos-device? That won't work. You can try with Preware, install from http://www.webosnation.com/app/download/data-manager. Or download to pc/laptop and install with wosqi.
    Last edited by poehoes; 01/25/2015 at 09:32 AM. Reason: less quote
    Hi,

Since 20th of april google has switched to another authentication and datamanager can't login anymore. Any chance you would patch this for a customer who likes your app very very much ?

Kind regards,
    Robert
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678