Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Great new enhancement.

Is there anyway to set the default date/time to "Today's Date/Time" (in other words the date/time the record is created)?
    Not yet.
    Just bought the app, and I like it very much. Thank you!
    I'm wondering: If I want to filter my records, I just have to type the string I want to filter on. But what if I want to filter records of which a checkbox-field is checked (or not). Can I do that?
    Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yes, just search for true or false.
    Thanks. That works!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Anyone having problems with strange looking date/time fields with webOS 2.2.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Anyone having problems with strange looking date/time fields with webOS 2.2.4?
    Haven't used Data Manager on my Pre3, so I can't offer any feedback.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Pre 2 has 2.2.4 now, too.
    I've been using Data Manager since I started using a TouchPad. With phones I didn't find much use of data managers since the small real estate just didn't fit well with me, but on a tablet it seems perfect.

The more I use it the more I find more uses for it which makes it incredibly easy for me.

I do find some things that I thought worth bringing up.

1. (I may be doing something wrong here I don't know, I've learned to work around it so it isn't an issue.) What I've noticed is when synced to google docs if I add a column to excel it duplicates all my data with this new column, also seems to occur if I rename a column.

2. The other thing is more of a "feature request" I use data manager mostly in landscape, lots of wasted screen real estate, I'd like if possible to have three columns in landscape, maybe two in portrait.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Could you please explain this issue in a bit more detail?

You are absolutely right. The UI was developed for phones and does not use the big screen very well. A complete rewrite would be best, but would cost the most time. I am thinking about it.
    Could you please explain this issue in a bit more detail?

You are absolutely right. The UI was developed for phones and does not use the big screen very well. A complete rewrite would be best, but would cost the most time. I am thinking about it.
    Let me get some free time and go through exact steps to replicate issue I was experiencing.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having trouble getting the Data Manager 1.5.1 update to load. I can't get my 2.2.4 Veer to download to update, just getting the Download failed error message. Uninstalled (after backing up data via save/restore) then tried to load from app catalog, still no luck. Is it me or is the server having trouble?
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Sorry, might be me, can't download spotify after deleting it either. Must be my app catalog....
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    No problems here. Maybe try a reboot?
    looks a superb app, tried the demo on pre3 and touchpad, amazing so far on my pre3, my touchpad however seems to instantly luna restart when launching, has there been any feedback from others for something similar or known issues etc ive missed?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I have not heard of such problems. Could you please try to restart your TouchPad?

Also, do you have webOS 3.0.5 already on it?
    I have not heard of such problems. Could you please try to restart your TouchPad?

Also, do you have webOS 3.0.5 already on it?
    yup, done both, ill try wading through the logs, not sure if it managed to log anything before doing the quick luna restart, at least i still have it running fine on the pre3 so its not entirely bad atm.

nothing directly mentioning your app in the logs before it restarts, last set of entrys is a ton of filemgr erors.

got several copies of....

2012-02-26T01:03:37.825741Z [427] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.private}: No such file or directory
    2012-02-26T01:03:37.825851Z [427] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.private}: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-topaz/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-136/palm/submissions/136/src/hub/security.c:1380
    2012-02-26T01:03:37.825958Z [427] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.private}: File error (check JSON): undefined/roles/prv/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.json
    2012-02-26T01:03:37.826057Z [427] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.private}: Unable to push role (requester pid: "5026", requester exe: "/usr/palm/nodejs/node", requester cmdline: "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.jsjsjs&$quot$;)

^ got a load of these before log ends...
    Last edited by geekpeter; 02/25/2012 at 07:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    If I understand correctly, you do not have any data to lose right now. So, you could uninstall and redownload Data Manager perhaps.
    unfortunatly ive done this several times already with full reboots and no luck as yet.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    That is really strange. And I suppose you do not have problems with other apps that possibly use a database for storage either?
    That is really strange. And I suppose you do not have problems with other apps that possibly use a database for storage either?
    not as yet, unlesss adding data manager was the final virtual straw that broke the camels back, do database driven apps all draw from the same resources/limits or something?.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast