Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Tried to download your Data Manager App this morning, but it kept failing. Now, it's gone from the catalog, and I've already gotten billed for it? Will it be reappearing and will I still be able to download it without getting double billed?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I already contacted HP about that. It seems, they made some mistake during the upload. I hope, it will reappear soon.

If they really bill you twice, you will have to contact them. They are handling all transactions.
    Hehehe good to know... I did chat with their Live Chat, and they kept telling me to contact the developer. I'm not holding out much hope for them there though, but I'll wait and see what happens. I'm itching to get this installed so I can start doing some database imports/conversions and stuff
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    It's fixed now.
    yep... Didn't get double charged either.

I've been working with it a couple hours already, designing tables and importing some data. I am having problems importing into a database with multiple tables though.

You've probably gotten an email about displaying data in a grid table like access already for a future update. You do have the extra screen space ;-)

I'm liking it a lot. It's not as feature rich as the other database app I use in iOS, but I've been able to make adjustments.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Please see also the documentation for import:
    Datamanager/english - VivaLV-Software

A grid-like display would be better on the TouchPad, that's right.

At the moment, it's just the phone layout blown up to use the full screen.
    Any chance of there ever being a desktop app for syncing or even simplified import/export to ms access?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Not likely. Your best change at the moment is to use .csv or Google Docs as export/import medium.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I can't get my tables to download from google docs. I'm getting an error "Import data contains data of unknown table "tablename"" This is a table uploaded from my touchpad that I'm trying to get onto my veer. Any hints?
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Are you sure, that database has exact the same definition on the TouchPad and on the Veer?
    This seems similar to my old Palm friend - HandDBase. Can any comment on how it compares (or doesn't)?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    If you had problems with Google export or import, it's fixed in the current version in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Data Manager 1.3.0 is now available:
    * new field types Email and Phone
    * bugfix for TouchPad
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Save/Restore 1.5.9 (beta feed) supports Data Manager!
    I think this will be very useful but NOT until I understand importing either an example Google spreadsheet or a data definition from a text file.
    The English help file has not been specific enough or clear for me to do the precise steps nessary (plus I am an *****!).

If I have a Gdoc spreadsheet named TEST that only has a single sheet with "Name" and "City" with a few lines of data following--QUESTION: I must create a database first with those 2 columns in a table and then I can do Data Transfer?
    Does it matter what I name the Database or the Table? I haven't got this simple task successfully done yet!

I will put more in a separate post.
    Warren
    Part 2: I see the example for Books list in the help. That seems to suggest you can only import field names and data, not importing column data type etc. I am seeing the XML export is very detailed compared to the import.

Does the import require first defining the database and its tables in Data Manager first??

If there could be a link to example data integrated with the Help, then I could download and perform necessary steps. As it is now, I am not sure exactly how to do an import.
    Thanks to anyone for clearing up my "fog"
    Warren
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yes, you have to define the database in Data Manager before you can import.

Also, the definition (XML) is separate from the data.

If the docs on our web site are not clear enough, you could try it the other way around: Define the database in the app, enter some dummy data and do an export to Google or Email. So you have a working example for the import.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Data Manager 1.4.0 is now available:
    * duplicate items
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Data Manager 1.5.0 is now available:
    * default values
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Great new enhancement.

Is there anyway to set the default date/time to "Today's Date/Time" (in other words the date/time the record is created)?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast