Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Thanks. I guess what I want, if I'm shooting for the stars, is a complete DBMS in my pocket
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Who wouldn't? ;-)

We have a pretty long wish list, half of the points are from us and the other half from the Beta testers. We already implemented some wishes during the beta phase, but there is only so much time available.

And the fact that we have to port our apps to a new UI framework doesn't help. ;-)
    If you want some great ideas for a wish list, take a look at the manual for Smartlist To Go attached if you have the time. What I loved so much about it was being fully relational and designing custom, multi-screen views. Hard to believe that kind of power on an old PalmOS device, But it is tremendously useful. It's about the only thing left that I still use a Clie for.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Data Manager 1.0 is now available in the App Catalog:
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...re.datamanager

Again, thanks to the beta testers and for other suggestions here. We will do our best.

If you like the app, we would be very grateful for positive reviews in the App Catalog (demo and full version). Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Data Manager 1.0 is now available in the App Catalog:
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...re.datamanager
    Got it!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Got it!
    Thanks! :-)
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    We are running a promotion for Data Manager. You can get a promo code for Google Account Search, if you buy Data Manager.

Conditions:
    Datamanager - VivaLV-Software
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Data Manager (and Demo) 1.0.1 are now available!
    Will this remain the Data Manager thread now that it's out of beta?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yes. I am going to update the first post.
    How can I buy it, the country have no supported carrier for paid applications.
    Can I use Paypal?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Sorry, HP does not allow selling apps outside of the catalog. You could ask HP, when your country will be supported.
    This is probably not allowed either, but if he has 2.1, could he PayPal you the amount & you send him a promo code?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I would guess that promo codes won't work either, because you would have to see the app in the Catalog first. BTW, what country is it?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Everytime I try to import a spreadsheet from Google Docs, I keep getting an error message that a column could not be assigned to database fields: Table "New table";

There is no such column in my Google Docs spreadsheet. Only four columns which match the column headings in the database I am trying to populate.

Any ideas?

Edit: Not sure what I did, but it is now working! Yeah!
    Last edited by Quintus; 06/20/2011 at 08:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    This is such an awesome application!

Question: I have a book list which includes ratings and a short summary. I have imported it from Shopping Manager. As the summary tends to be long, it is not visible in the main view. I used to keep this info in the note section of Shopping Manager. I can read the note when I try to edit the item in Shopping Manager. In Data Manager, though, I only see one line of the note and not the full note.

Is there some other way to manage lengthy text in Data Manager so that it can be easily viewed later?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    While I'm at it, Sidamos, is there any plan to add the "Add to Launcher" option for the various databases as you did for Shopping Manager?

PS The only problem with this app is that it is taking up all of my time!!!!! LOVE IT!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    This is such an awesome application!
    Thanks! :-)

Question: I have a book list which includes ratings and a short summary. I have imported it from Shopping Manager. As the summary tends to be long, it is not visible in the main view. I used to keep this info in the note section of Shopping Manager. I can read the note when I try to edit the item in Shopping Manager. In Data Manager, though, I only see one line of the note and not the full note.

Is there some other way to manage lengthy text in Data Manager so that it can be easily viewed later?
    Yes. Set the text field to multiline in the special properties of the field.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    While I'm at it, Sidamos, is there any plan to add the "Add to Launcher" option for the various databases as you did for Shopping Manager?

PS The only problem with this app is that it is taking up all of my time!!!!! LOVE IT!
    ;-)

Yes, this is planned for 1.1.0.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast