Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you've checked out things like "mock the afflicted" you will see that most bad reviews are not even about the app. People gripe about palm, or crab that the app catalog isn't working, etc.
    that above all else seems to be the biggest problem with reviews... People on pixi's who get apps that only work on Pre's, or people one 1.4.5 getting apps for 2.0
    If you like an app you should write a good review.
    If you don't like an app write a bad review.

It's up to the app developer to make changes so he doesn't get a bad review in the first place. If they want feedback they should just list an email and ask for it. But i don't support telling people not to leave a negative review if there experience with the app was in fact negative. That's someone that just wants to present the faux appearance of all positive reviews by eliminating negative ones and that wouldn't accurately reflect users experience.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I can kind of see the developer's intent. If you d/l the app and find bugs and those bugs are NOT fixed after contacting the developer, post the negative comments. I remember the old Palm OS and one GREAT developer that offered personal help to fix problems and bugs in his releases. I kind of wish he'd do WebOS stuff cause I'd support him.
    which developer?
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    so you are ok with the fact that someone posted zero stars for this app with the comment "testing this app" ?
    Not sure if you want me to answer as a developer or a user. I'll answer as a user since I am a user of WebOS. No it makes no difference to me that some ***** posted zero stars and said "testing this app". Is it fair. No

But to me as a user I dont have time to follow a different process from what HP has outlined for reviews. HP wants me to give reviews on the app catalog, not send emails to the developer. If they wanted me to send emails to developers then that would have been the process they outlined.

To me if he wants negative reviews on an email, then he should also request for positive reviews on an email. He should just say "Hey dont write any reviews on the app catalog. Positive or Negative" Now that would be fair.

Btw, what webos apps have you done? Anything in the app catalog? We will all look you up!
    Listen, every time you hear the word "developer" it doesn't mean they make apps for WebOS, or for any mobile platform for that matter. So no I have not made any apps for WebOS or any other mobile device. Even if I wanted to do this on the side I would not pick WebOS trust me. With such a small user base its not worth the time spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    Not sure if you want me to answer as a developer or a user. I'll answer as a user since I am a user of WebOS. No it makes no difference to me that some ***** posted zero stars and said "testing this app". Is it fair. No

But to me as a user I dont have time to follow a different process from what HP has outlined for reviews. HP wants me to give reviews on the app catalog, not send emails to the developer. If they wanted me to send emails to developers then that would have been the process they outlined.

To me if he wants negative reviews on an email, then he should also request for positive reviews on an email. He should just say "Hey dont write any reviews on the app catalog. Positive or Negative" Now that would be fair.

Listen, every time you hear the word "developer" it doesn't mean they make apps for WebOS, or for any mobile platform for that matter. So no I have not made any apps for WebOS or any other mobile device. Even if I wanted to do this on the side I would not pick WebOS trust me. With such a small user base its not worth the time spent.
    Bah.. Is it bc of the reviews?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I have to say, I've seen so many "reviews" that consist of "this app won't download" or "this app won't start." That's next to useless to me. I've never had an app not download, and I'm pretty sure the "won't start" is the TMC error. That one is a little useful with my Pre Minus, in that I know beforehand that I will have to reboot to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post

If you want to leave a bad review fine, but if you have a legitimate problem you would like the app to fix, emailing the developer is in your best interest. You'll notice that the Reviews button is not the only button on an app page. There's also the Developer Home and Support buttons.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    so you are ok with the fact that someone posted zero stars for this app with the comment "testing this app" ?

that's what the dev is trying to stop. Btw, what webos apps have you done? Anything in the app catalog? We will all look you up!
    Hp could use some review auditing.

Someone left a review on my app, 0 stars, and there name was "sdlkfjslkdjf". With no comment. Some people are such children. The least you could do is have "." and say this app sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Hp could use some review auditing.

Someone left a review on my app, 0 stars, and there name was "sdlkfjslkdjf". With no comment. Some people are such children. The least you could do is have "." and say this app sucks.
    Oh, they do have review auditing - however, the only way a review gets pulled is if they left no name at all in the review or they post inflammatory/hateful reviews. Also, you don't have to say anything in the review, it is completely legitimate through app catalog mechanics to give a star rating only.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I've actually emailed the developer of Golden Playlist for feature requests. He's really quick getting back to you and seems like a very nice guy. I think it's more about weeding out people who like to complain just to be heard.
    They should disable the review/rating mechanism for Beta applications.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Honestly, troll reviews happen. But discouraging negative reviews altogether kills the whole point of reviewing. How could you separate the good Music apps from the bad ones if every app had an average rating of 5 stars because those who "didn't like the app" declined to review it? I shop for third-party products on Amazon all the time, and if the product has an average of a 2-star rating or lower I tend to stay away from it, mostly because for any given product there will be just as many padding reviews (you know, those ones that give the thing five-stars and all but say, "Yes, this product sucks, but you CAN'T BEAT THAT PRICE!") as troll reviews.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12