- submit new articles
    - multiple login support
    - basic read it later support
    - pull to refresh lists
    - adjust themes
    - display subreddit images on subreddit scene
    - display webview on touchpad frontpage
    - move navigation buttons to bottom

Now available in the App Catalog! A HUGE thanks to eberon (Subpixel Labs) for helping to make it happen.

If you like the app - please tweet about it, and help it get some more exposure. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2011-11-30 at 7.35.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-30 at 7.38.16 PM.jpg
    reddit_2011-25-04_205242.png

Join one of the largest online communities, or you know, just lurk anonymously, and browse user submissions and comments that range from the mundane to the hilarious, and cover just about every topic out there. Whether you're into news, humor, photography or something more obscure, you'll probably find it (first) on reddit.

IAmA reddit allows you to register a user, login, browse topics by category, search, upvote and downvote user comments, reply to comments and more.

reddit_2011-19-04_184207.png reddit_2011-19-04_184149.png reddit_2011-19-04_184115.png reddit_2011-25-04_205553.png reddit_2011-25-04_205342.png

More features are planned!

Contact me at @tehtorq - any feedback appreciated!

Check out the homebrew version here or purchase it for $1.50.
    Last edited by tehtorq; 06/01/2012 at 02:11 PM.
    IAmA reddit - same reddit, webOS' looks
    Incoming! - Keep one step ahead of life's little curveballs.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    AWESOME! Can't wait to try this out. Love reddit. Mobile site is pretty solid but this loosk fantastic. Can't figure out how to DL. I don't see a link when I visit on the phone and it doesn't show up in preware either. Is this is palm beta?
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    +1! Funny..I just took homebrew apps (each last updated bout a year ago) Redditor and Preddit for a spin again...The Reddit mobile site doesn't work on Pre's webkit for some reason (no "infinite" length page).

In any case, I'm glad to see a Redditor who's also a WebOS dev...

I'll test and feedback as much as you want, but from when? As a 0.1.0 there are some rough edges which are still under construction which you probably know about. So, any part you want me to focus on?

My first wish, if I may, would be to reduce the scrolling by perhaps moving the thumbnail on the same level as the text and reducing some of the spacing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Any plans to put it in Preware or the official app catalog?
  5.    #5  
    Hi

@Cantaffordit - yes hopefully it'll pop up in Preware after the submission is reviewed. I'd love to get it in the official app catalog; unfortunately I am not allowed to upgrade my Palm community profile to developer status because I don't live in one of the supported countries (I'm from South Africa). Really hope this policy changes in the future, because I'd keen to develop on an ongoing basis.

@Goyena - the gallery link in the menu is still pretty early, and there are definitely rough edges with the look & feel. But try it out - at this point I'm open to any ideas or feedback, whether relating to something big or small - perhaps you use reddit differently to me (I mostly lurk). If there's a feature which isn't implemented yet, let me know. I'm probably going to cater for submission of new posts next, then private messages, and then expand on the gallery mode.

@lupos - I think ATM the only way to download is to browse to the page Precentral hosts while logged in - basically the Precentral URL with /iama-reddit at the end. I can't post links yet, it seems :-) Hopefully it'll be available in the preware feed soon.

Glad there is still some demand for a reddit app!
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Thanks! For some reason I don't see the link on that page on my mobile even when logged in ;_;
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hi, tip of the hat for:
    - great loading speed,
    - functions in the submenu in the comments view (see posts, up/down vote,etc.),
    - browser for Reddits (info buttons are great!); no need to open the desktop site on tiny screen so I can modify my Frontpage reddits.
    Any chances of the following:
    - make entry/comment take up less vertical space
    - single tap to open in a separate card (1) referenced link (you already have it) or uploaded photo (opens in same card, so you have to waaaiiit), plus (2) comments page. It would be really cool if you could create a whole new separate stack. Perhaps if you tapped a thumbnail, two cards would open, but if you tapped only on the comments counter, only the comments page would open in a card. (my biggest pet peeve with the homebrew app Preddit is that you always have to wait since there is a single stage)
    - Love your GALLERY! (I love Panoptikos; know it?) This is perfect for Exhibition mode; thinking about it? Can you make Gallery thumbnails a teeny bit bigger?
    - multi-profile support

Questions:
    - How do I move to the other pages of the Frontpage or load more?
    - What are Easylinks? The toggle in the prefs doesn
    Add gonewild too That is a win for the gallery! Also, some idication when you sign in that you are actually logged in would be cool. it looks like you just hit login and it loops back to the screen.

love reddit and the previous reddit apps have lost their developers, so this is awesome man! Great work and I hope that you continue the work!!
  9.    #9  
    @Goyena

I'll definitely consider all of those changes.. Maybe a visible request/bug list should be put up. Thanks for the heads up on Panoptikos - bookmarked!

Regarding your questions, normally you should always see a "load more" button at the bottom of the page; if not then in preferences, set the number of comments to load and reload page. Will fix that soon! Easy links are tap targets at the top of the comment for any comments which contain URL's.. Think they might always show currently, and the plan is to make them optional because you could just tap the URL itself.

Btw, ATM you can open a new card from the front page by hitting the centre of the heading, but yeah.. It'd be cool to trigger a new card from wherever you are. Thinking... :-)

@grandmastem

I *think* if you browse to gonewild first through subreddits page, and then select gallery, it will only show images from that subreddit. Regarding determining who you're currently logged in as, struggling with that a little as I haven't found a reddit API call that will give you that info.. Might have to store it locally on phone.

Btw, you can search the frontpage and subreddits page if you just start typing.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    Last edited by tehtorq; 04/21/2011 at 02:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Holy crap: the above elicited a real LOL from me.

You guys DO realize that having r/GoneWild as a Gallery in Exhibition mode forces you to a single name choice for the new function:

THE EXHIBITIONIST

Perhaps you just just extract this specific function into a paying app and go down in WebOS history as the world's first NSFW use of Exhibition mode!!!

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    iama reddit has some good things going for it and I appreciate that it's still an early build but so far I still prefer old, deprecated preddit due to its advanced functionality.

hopeful to see this project evolve and make it to the app catalog, I would definitely pay for a full featured dedicated reddit app.
  12.    #12  
    Took a shot at a slightly different gallery mode. Still using thumbnails, as full-sized images kills performance. Can try up-scaling the thumbs, but that makes them look blurry, or alternatively, a 3rd party between your phone and reddit would be required to store re-sized images, which I might take a shot at.
    Last edited by tehtorq; 04/25/2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Hey tehtorq,

Nice work man! This is amazing for such early faze in development. I was able to just type 'gonewild' at the main screen and it took me right to the sub reddit... very very cool.

I am loving the new gallery too because honestly the moving was a little crazy to look at. I am still unable to get the gallery to function in a sub though. It seems to always pull from the 'frontpage'.

It would be nice to be able to edit the list of sub reddits when you hit the magnifying glass... not sure how hard that would be to do. Also, any luck finding a good API for logging in? I would like to see a confirmation screen at least say I logged in successfully or not. Just some indication because I never trust my fingers when typing a password It leaves me guessing.

Again, nice work man!! Very cool and Im loving it.

-Matt
    solid job man!
    Never used reddit before, this app... bloody amazing. Good replacement to the digg app that we once had and then got taken down....(and I wasted money on)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Thanks for the "tap anything opens a new card"!!! Don't have to wait while loading anymore; I just tap some more links/comments and come back later. Excellent!!!

Update: Just noticed...you did a lot more changes than just to the gallery. You made the layout a bit denser - thanls!!! In the never-satisfied-dept: can you do the same treatment for the comments?

An SDK 2.0 question: does it let you begin new stacks, or are new cards only possible in the same stack?
    Last edited by Goyena; 04/26/2011 at 03:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    a few hours later: You win the internets, my good sir. Cards and stacks are the way Reddit was meant to be read! It lets me be completely ADD and I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    a few hours later: You win the internets, my good sir. Cards and stacks are the way Reddit was meant to be read! It lets me be completely ADD and I love it!
    I know. I love being able to have two+ sub reddits open and organized by stack!
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hey, Tehtorq...been using the last version of your app heavily for the past few days. Here's some heads-up on bugs if you have time to track down:

1. If comments are opened in sep card (by tapping number of comments "button") all other attempts to open other comment cards will show the same comments (the OP and title are correct though)

2. Can't seem to get opened images in landscape

Requests (more!)
    3. Not a bug but: the tap area to open image/link are a bit small (for me; I keep missing!!)

4. Can you make "free orientation" an option in prefs? Makes it easier to read in bed.

Just noticed: OP comments are in white instead of grey..nice touch. Hard to see when you're scrolling fast, but it's visible enough if you're reading normally.

Can power scrolling be added, trying to scroll through a lot of comments to see the most recent takes a while on some stories,
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast