Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tehtorq View Post
    I'd imagine any mojo app would work in emulation mode. I've downloaded the webOS 3 SDK and will start working on porting it to the touchpad soon.. but it's going to take a while. Looks like a lot of change between frameworks.

Think the app will have a different name so I can support both versions in parallel.
    Dude, I would love that I absolutely love your app on my pre-. Very nice work man! Thanks for all the hard work. -Grand
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Howdy Tetorhq! I use IAmaReddit everyday now. Just started trying out the Exhibition part, and one thing is killing me: when I see a photo that I want to keep or see comments for....I can't. I end up paging through the gallaery trying to remember the photos around it to localize the post.

Are any of the folloing possible:
    - a tap on the photo would upon either the reddit or the app to the write post
    - a tap on the photo would copy the URL to the post to the clipboard
    - the title of the post is displayed (so I can at least use Reddit's crappy search engine to find it again)
    - any other suggestions?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Your app is really good, do you accept donations?
  4.    #44  
    @johnnygewitter: Thanks! Donations are welcome. Added a button to my signature.

@Goyena: I'll look into it. The current exhibition mode was a bit of a test to see how much work would be involved.

Sorry for the lack of updates recently! Changed jobs, got a new macbook pro, and got a bit distracted. I've just tried the app in the touchpad emulator - looks like it'll only require a couple of small changes to be reasonably usable.

Man - the news coming from HP really gutted me - I was waiting for the Pre 3 (and hoping to get official app catalog developer access one day). Am pretty mad at how things have turned out, but oh well. Maybe there will be another twist in the tale.
    IAmA reddit - same reddit, webOS' looks
    Incoming! - Keep one step ahead of life's little curveballs.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    What's stopping you from submitting to the official app catalog now? Applying as a dev doesn't take long.

Plus, there's no time like the present, and there's NO reddit apps at all on the catalog.

And SELL it. I'd buy it without thinking.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I completely agree, this is a good time to submit it to the catalog!
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Nothing like a quick 5000 bucks (estimated; I'm thinking you could make more) to motivate you to develop! Check out tweets of Zhephree and Inglorious Apps to see their download progression.

The webOS community loves their devs. I've downloaded apps free on Preware, then bought the paid version anyway just so I could contribute financially and post a review.

If I could make a suggestion, on the dark side (that will make money): you can even make a mention in the blurb about the nsfw reddit.

I'm talking subtle of course, not "Sex sex Sex!!!" but "Ability to configure your reddit account's frontpage, saved reddits and subreddits, including nsfw."
    Last edited by Goyena; 08/27/2011 at 07:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Howdy, Tehtorq, I sincerely you're working on monetizing your excellent app in this crazy window of opportunity HP has provided us (35 K EUR for Inglorious Apps in two months!!!!), and NOT working on new features for us, but just in case you are...

I had requested a feature to pull up the reddit post belonging to a specific pic displayed in your app's exhibition mode...I was playing with "eWeather and News" and found that they had done exactly that: news articles containing hyperlinks appear, appaerntly from Google News. If you tap on the link, exhibition will stop, and the web browser will open that page.

Strangely enough, you can't open the primary article by tapping on its title or blurb, only the links listed afterwards.
    I'm not sure if p|c's forum guidelines allow me to fully express in words and guttural sounds how much I love this app! This will save me from immeasurable boredom and frustration.
    Also, I would love to contribute - any chance of going open source??
    love this for the phone just download it to the touch pad and it looks great but how do back out of a post?
    Very nice work. Thank you for bringing us this excellent app.

A couple of things:
    - animated gifs. I'm sure you are already aware of this :-)
    - a way to customize the gallery category listing, or to snag our settings from redditpics.com

Those two things will make my day. I was lucky enough to get a touchpad before they sold out, so in 6-8 weeks, I can't wait to see the app there. Hope you do a HD touchpad version.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    There are two Reddit apps on the TouchPad already, of which I've tried "it." (it's a red "it"), but it's actually frustrating - probably similar to the Android experience, as tehtorq says. Cards and stacks are much more useful for me the way I am used to browsing reddit than a single window, or sliding Enyo panes.

@tehtorq - Howdy! How's that new job panning out? Well, I hope!

Would it be possible to optimize for a Pre 3 before you embark on your Enyo quest? I don't think it would take much (says me, presently a nonprogrammer), since the only funky points are the horizontal size of the top "frontpage" bar/buttons and opening of images.

When you open a pic, it gets displayed low and to the right so you can't see the bottom and right side of the photo. You can't manually move it up or pinch to make it smaller.

However, the image DOES snap back to the middle of the screen if you either (1) download the photo (disk button) or (2) switch the screen orientation from portrait to landscape.
    Pre 3 optimization would be much appreciated
  15.    #55  
    @Goyena - You don't perhaps want to... *cough*... mail me that Pre 3 so I can do some testing my side? :P

With regards to the App catalog, I don't suppose anyone can recommend or would themselves be interested in some kind of partnership? As I am not allowed official entry to the catalog because of my country, and HP dragging their feet on expanding support for all countries.. I need to partner with someone who is able to submit apps. Anyone interested can mail me at i.am.douglas.anderson@gmail.com

I'll try to get the Pre 3 issues fixed asap!

For those who have donated - let me know if you're okay with your names being credited in the app! And many thanks
    Thanks for the update
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Douglas, thanks for the Pre 3 love with update 0.1.8. I just tweeted about it to my 2 followers, and also revealed the location of the hidden Donate button.

And I donated.

Concerning a Pre 3. I just bought and mailed one to someone in California I've never met before. (He paid me back of course. In advance. :-)) I can do the same to you, if you want. I unfortunately can't donate the total cost. Sowwy.

All we got here (in France) are intermittent sales of AZERTY Pre 3 (don't know if the 3G bands work in S. Africa, please check) for around 200 EUR. If those conditions and specs are okay with you, I'll do my best to get you one. I will only buy new, unopened ones from resellers with a valid invoices...no reason to open both of us up to shady ebay resellers or Craig's listers....unless you don't care.

Concerning being your "agent", I do have a dev account, and should be able to submit apps, but I have not yet been able to plunge into development, much less publish. If you don't find somebody more suitable, however, I'd be glad to explore how it's done.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Howdy, down South,
    Just installed the latest iamareddit: GIFs work great, but something's gone awry with the gallery:

The loadmore button works on the default gallery (the first one loaded up), but if you switch to another, the "load more" button just churns away without end. If you switch galleries from there, no thumbnails are preloaded, the "load more" button is the only one onscreen, and it just spins, all lonely.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PM sent to tehtorq

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Howdy, down South,
    Just installed the latest iamareddit: GIFs work great, but something's gone awry with the gallery:

The loadmore button works on the default gallery (the first one loaded up), but if you switch to another, the "load more" button just churns away without end. If you switch galleries from there, no thumbnails are preloaded, the "load more" button is the only one onscreen, and it just spins, all lonely.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thanks for the bug report - squashed - will probably release tomorrow.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast