Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Me agai...animated GIFs don't work well. Is this an SDK limitation?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  2.    #22  
    @Goyena

Hehe.. so I'm still struggling a bit with the duplicate comments in new cards.. improved things a bit in that it will only happen now when two new cards are launched close together and both are requesting content at the same time. I can fix this by easily by setting the "lightweight" flag to false, but the documentation suggests that all new apps use lightweight cards.. think it uses less memory and shares the prototype library... in short I'm going to struggle with this a little more. Update: solved but I don't fully understand why and this bugs me.

Locking of orientation will be in the next update.

Landscape images are in.

Animated gifs should also be there in the next update - at least for any links which come from /r/gifs and /r/nsfw_gif. It looks like there's no easy way to display animated gifs other than to show a basic web page and style it similar to the imageview scene. Also no easy way to determine if a .gif file is animated or not. -sigh- webOS makes some things so easy, and other things like this and trying to center the loading "turning circle" in landscape... arrrgh

Update will probably be out tomorrow.

Regarding your earlier question about stacks, I haven't seen anything that will give control over creating a new stack vs a card in the same stack.. the reason I didn't add opening multiple cards at once (pic and comments), is that one card appears in the stack and the other in a new stack - looks a little weird. But maybe thats an option for a metatap-click.

@kel101

I'm keen to try this.. how does it behave? Powerscroll down takes you all the way to the bottom of page; up jumps to the top?
    Last edited by tehtorq; 04/29/2011 at 03:40 PM.
    IAmA reddit - same reddit, webOS' looks
    Incoming! - Keep one step ahead of life's little curveballs.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Cool..Now I know the workaround in the meantime is to let the 1st card finish it's request.

The new card display animation behavior is strange and I've seen it elsewhere: sometime the new card appears in the same stack, if you're too fast it appears in a new stack. Sometimes the animations shows the present stack sliding to the right and the new card flies up from the bottom and expands, sometimes the new card just goes boom and appears in expanded view. Very weird.

Yes, that's what powerscrolling does: check out Carbon, or the Advanced Behavior patch from Sconix...

THANKS!
  4.    #24  
    Ok, version 0.1.2 is available!

Btw, what hardware/OS versions are you running? I'm developing on a GSM Pre 1 running webOS 2.1.

Secondly, in preware, what version is displayed? And whats the app name displayed as? I've noticed it shows the app as Reddit, version 1.0 even though the actual file seems correct.. not sure if it's just me seeing this.
    New fan here. I've been using Redditor since the app came out, but it has been buggy lately. As a new fresh start, I downloaded this app as an alternative. While it is on the right track, the app still needs to be polished and modified before hitting the app catalog.

- Clicking on a post in a reddit should open the image/link/video, not the comment page. This could be posted as an option, but it should act like the Reddit website.

- Needs method of sorting by top, popular, new as well as sorting by day, week, month, or all time

- Hyperlinks in replies from others do not work.

- The comment section of a post should be redesigned. Having graphics and shadows around every single post makes it jumbled and unorganized. Sticking to the Reddit or Redditor method seems best as it signifies how the posts are ordered hierarchly with colors and indention.

- Option for a white or brighter design in options? Kind of like a light/dark version swap.

- Animated gifs are glitchy.

- When the comment section is opened, the original post needs to be graphically different to signify it's difference from the comments.

- Searching for a nonexistant reddit results should have the search return "No results, or no subreddit found".

- Need more innovation app icon and app name (Btw, the app was listed as IAmA Reddit at 0.1.2 version on Preware)

- Use of gallery into Exhibition mode

- Backswiping after a search or navigating to another subreddit should bring you back to the original scene or page.

- Add/remove subreddits to the menu

Pros:

- Fast and responsive even for a Pre - on 2.1
    - Fluid
    - Good use of stacks
    - Almost no bugs
    - Simple
    Last edited by Abyssul; 05/02/2011 at 01:46 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    "- Use of gallery into Exhibition mode"

this! I would love to just have /r/pics play as a slide show in exhibition.
    I am having an issue where I login and it does not actually log me in, and I cannot access or save any of my content
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    @kel101 I was having this too, but realized that I just entered my password wrong. If you log in successfully, you should get a notification.

On a bad login, there is no message; the password field just goes blank.
  9.    #29  
    I'll add a clearer indication of failure for the next release - I actually thought it already mentioned when a bad password was provided - will investigate.

As a general question, how do you guys feel about having your username/password stored in a db locally on your phone? This would allow you to save multiple profiles, and switch them more easily.

For those interested, I've worked a bit on:
    - added all the various sorting options to frontpage and comments that I could find, like last month, last week, top 500 comments, order by ..
    - switching comments from plain text to HTML - this improves the formatting a little and doesn't have so many issues with non-standard characters
    - frontpage search icon will list your subscribed reddits if you're logged in
    - view your letterbox (inbox and sent)

I've got the next 3 days off from work so hopefully I'll get some good time in :-)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Your app is really chock full of reddity goodness. I keeps discovering new things in it:
    - I love that the gallery give you both the thumbnail view, and also lets you swipe through fullscreen shots. The bottom bar with buttons to the comments page and ability to save is really practical
    - Really loving the use of separate cards and stacks.

I'd be for a local db for saving multiple profiles. Wonderful.

Looking forward to the release of this new features. Did you give any thought to making he touch areas of the comments number bubble a bit taller (thus bigger)?

Possible bugs:
    - in the subreddit browser in "mine" you an hit "load more" even if all are displayed, and the revolving icon will appear and turn endlessly
    - in the Reddit browser (menu/Reddit), especially in "mine" when you hit a Reddit that's already subscribed, you still see "+frontpage" instead of "-frontpage".

It'd be cool if you could use something quick to flip from Frontpage to Reddits to Gallery. Greatest would be like in Carbon, where a horizontal swipe brings you to Mentions, then to direct msgs, sort of like launcher pages. Perhaps easier to implement would be a forward swipe to cycle through the three.

Once again: awesome app. I curse you for killing my productivity at work. ;-)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Another tiny bug...once you search by Just Typing and you start tapping through results, you sort of get stuck and can't get back to the frontpage.

I found a workaround by choosing Gallery from the menu. From the Gallery menu, I was able to choose Frontpage. Once back in the Frontpage, I noticed the search string was still in the title bar.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Any progress on this app? It's one of the most used apps that I use daily right next to Newsroom.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Great app, even on my paltry PixiPlus. One request - would it be possible to make the spoiler cover tags work properly (/r/gameofthrones is full of covered spoilers, three different kinds)?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Great app! Thanks for your hard work man, I love redditing on it. My suggestion is a way to upvote without loading the comments of a post. Or alternatively a more discoverable way of doing so if it's already possible.
    Great app. Share on Facebook option would be cool
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcham View Post
    Great app, even on my paltry PixiPlus. One request - would it be possible to make the spoiler cover tags work properly (/r/gameofthrones is full of covered spoilers, three different kinds)?
    0.1.4 Release (15/06/2011):

- add preference for picking default frontpage reddit
    - workaround for spoilers in /r/gameofthrones

Thank You very much, Ser :-)
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    Great app! Thanks for your hard work man, I love redditing on it. My suggestion is a way to upvote without loading the comments of a post. Or alternatively a more discoverable way of doing so if it's already possible.
    Yes! Have my baby!
  18.    #38  
    Kinda paused with the message inbox functionality for now - will add options to reply and jump to related articles soon, as well as the ability to message someone directly.

Looking into exhibition mode ATM - thinking of it being similar to the image viewer scene - where it'll look at a user-specified subreddit (default is pics), and will cycle through images at a user-defined interval (default is 15 seconds). Perhaps let the scene scroll vertically between two pages - the upper page would cycle through images and the lower page through text posts.

Btw - I've played around with 'reddit is fun' and 'baconreader' (very slick) on Android, and the one thing that strikes me is that webOS' ability to have multiple cards per app is such a huge advantage - navigating around the Android apps feels a little frustrating. But still - they're both great apps!
    Does this run in emulator mode on the TouchPad? I want to get a touchpad and it would be freaking awesome to have a full screen version of this!! -Grand
  20.    #40  
    I'd imagine any mojo app would work in emulation mode. I've downloaded the webOS 3 SDK and will start working on porting it to the touchpad soon.. but it's going to take a while. Looks like a lot of change between frameworks.

Think the app will have a different name so I can support both versions in parallel.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast