1.    #1  
    Apart from Rhythm (which seems to get very mixed reviews), are there any webOS RSS reader-type apps that allow you to read entire articles - when the feed only supplies a teaser - without opening up the browser? This feature seems to be readily available on various iOS/Android/WP7 apps, but I can't find any information about whether the likes of Feeder support it.
    NewsRoom does this, but the app is pretty much abandoned on webOS now, and they were having issues so they were forced to limit the amount of feeds they actually did this for. (I think it's something like the top 100 feeds now or something like that).
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    newsroom grabs the whole article if it can. the app works aside the buggy notifications.

feeder grabs whatever google reader grabs.
    I haven't had any problem with Newsroom at all, and I highly recommend it. It's exactly what it sounds like you're looking for.

Whenever you update feeds, it caches all the text locally. If the article has pictures associated with it, they download when you open the article but they display within the article once loaded. You don't need to open the browser. You can read the text of full articles, even with Airplane Mode on.
    I also recommend Newsroom but it doesn't show the full article for some feeds.
    2nd poster is correct. Newsroom used to be the perfect solution for that, but if it is not one of the top 100/1000 whatever sites, they aren't storing it on their servers in full form anymore.
    Because of this new top 100 limitiation I am looking for a New reader as well. I wish I could ask for a refund!
    It's kind of funny since the full article view was the reason to use Newsroom and why they didn't want to add Google Reader support. Oh well.

Feeder is a great reader app, there is only one feed out of 30 I follow that routinely truncates text. Not a big deal, really, especially when you to can send the whole article to Instapaper to read later straight from the app (the same dev also makes an Instapaper app called Spare Time).
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I wish Feeder would allow it, especially since the same dev also developed Spare Time. I sent them an email asking about in-app Feeder/Spare Time integration a while ago, but they never responded.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Not long ago, Newsroom was the answer to your question. Unfortunately, I can't recommend it any more. The only reason to pick Newsroom was that it provided the entire blog post within the reader. As it no longer does this, I consider it to be a broken app. If I could sell it back to them, I would.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the advice everyone - much appreciated.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that there's an app available at the moment that will do what I need. However, I have discovered a website called Wizard RSS (can't post links, but it's easy to find) which is pretty effective at creating full feeds where only teasers are supplied.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by _scott View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone - much appreciated.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that there's an app available at the moment that will do what I need. However, I have discovered a website called Wizard RSS (can't post links, but it's easy to find) which is pretty effective at creating full feeds where only teasers are supplied.
    What an awesome idea! I just used this to convert the Blastr feed from SyFy (they're just too kewl to spell stuff right anymore) into a full text feed and now I can read the whole thing using Feeds on my Pre!
    I'm in the "used to absolutely love NewsRoom" camp. I actually prefer the UI in Rhythm, but that program stalls my pre+ pretty badly (even overclocked). Newsroom still gives me the full text of a majority of my feeds, but a few of my favorites are missing so its a problem. I still use it however, because of the local cache so I can read my articles on the subways.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    yeh. I still highly recommend newsroom.

plus, as another poster mentioned, you can put a feed through wizard rss and pull that wizardfied feed through newsroom.

so even if your feed isn't one of the top thousand, you get the full view albeit without all the perks of the full newsroom server functionality.

as an aside, I'm not surprised trileet's business model with newsroom is now failing. server upkeep and maintenance is a constant overhead and, money wise, always seemed silly to me to charge once for an ongoing service.

webOS is far from their top priority given the userbase is so tiny. perhaps if income was a constant stream, they'd see reason to iterate new versions of the webOS app as quickly as other product.

there's a thought though - given newsroom's excellent qualifications, satisfaction and robust functionality, would you be willing to shell out a buck a month for it as a subscription service? or buy buckets of it instead?

let me expand the idea. I propose that the current app become free with basic functionality, strictly pulling feeds only.
    the customer, at their own discretion, buying a designated time period's worth of subscription for the right to have trileet's private servers pull and generally newsroomify the feeds.
    (those who already purchased the app could get 6-12mos worth of service.)

yea or nay?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    let me expand the idea. I propose that the current app become free with basic functionality, strictly pulling feeds only.
    the customer, at their own discretion, buying a designated time period's worth of subscription for the right to have trileet's private servers pull and generally newsroomify the feeds.
    (those who already purchased the app could get 6-12mos worth of service.)

yea or nay?
    I'd be prepared to pay for a service like this, providing users are allowed to specify the feeds they want to be cached by Trileet's servers.