1.    #1  
    UPDATE: Beta Version 1.2.1 of Time Projection is now available. It contains the following new features:
    1. You can now e-mail the calculated list of calendar dates.
    2. Screen rotation is supported.

I'm looking for feedback on the formatting of the e-mail - please let me know what you think, and I'm open to suggestions.

The Beta version of the app uses a separate database from the "official version", so you'll have to enter some dummy project data.

This version of the Beta is FREE and expires August 22nd - if we need more time, I can put out a new version to extend the date.

The Beta can be downloaded here - http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=9969

UPDATE: Version 1.1 of Time Projection is now in the App Catalog. It contains the following changes:

1. Feature to populate the webOS device calendar was replaced
    with the display of day-by-day project details in a list.
    2. Support added for both the Palm Default (light) color theme
    and the Palm Dark theme.
    3. Time Projection is now compatible with webOS 2.1.

I am planning some future updates to include backup and restore of data, and some kind of data interchange, probably file-based.

Any other requests for functionality, please let me know here - thanks.

I have a new app in the App Catalog I wanted people to know about. It's called Time Projection.

It's an alternative to desktop project scheduling software. If you work as a member of a team with multiple projects, or maybe a consultant or contractor with multiple clients, Time Projection helps you to calculate when your different projects will be done.

Check it out at Time Projection for webOS devices or in the App Catalog at http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=8450

Let me know here if you have any questions or comments - Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by George Mari; 08/11/2011 at 10:09 PM.
    Hi George,

maybe I did read over it, but there are two things, which I would like you to take care for your app:

1) the calendar entry mechanism seems to be changed in webos 2.1. It works great in 1.4.5, but in 2.1 the calculation stucks forever while the spinning wheel spinns. Therefore I redoctored to 1.4.5 (no chance to retest).
    2) Any idea about a textual backup? Having a textbox where I could copy&paste the app's database to/from mail would save me a lot of work. Now I have to recreate the list on PC, which I typed minutes ago into the Pre. Also, usually the task list exists somewhere, but no task durations are given. Your app allows me to set durations and find the finishing date. Therefore I would need to past text in the app's textbox for importing the list only.

Are such deatures planed?
  3.    #3  
    Hi tino.

Quote Originally Posted by tino103870 View Post
    1) the calendar entry mechanism seems to be changed in webos 2.1. It works great in 1.4.5, but in 2.1 the calculation stucks forever while the spinning wheel spinns. Therefore I redoctored to 1.4.5 (no chance to retest).
    I'm very sorry about the trouble you are having with Time Projection in webOS 2.1.

When I started work on the app, the 2.1 SDK had not been released yet, and it wasn't released until shortly before I submitted Time Projection to the app catalog, so I did not test it with 2.1.

I will get my 2.1 development environment set up shortly and figure out what the problem is, and release an update, if needed, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tino103870 View Post
    2) Any idea about a textual backup? Having a textbox where I could copy&paste the app's database to/from mail would save me a lot of work. Now I have to recreate the list on PC, which I typed minutes ago into the Pre. Also, usually the task list exists somewhere, but no task durations are given. Your app allows me to set durations and find the finishing date. Therefore I would need to past text in the app's textbox for importing the list only.

Are such deatures planed?
    I am planning on providing some sort of backup capability in a future release.

I was hoping to get feedback on requested features from users to see what was most needed.

Do you have a specific software package on your PC you are looking to exchange information with Time Projection? I was looking into the possibility of integration with BaseCamp, which I know is cloud-based, but seems to be popular.

Thank you very much for your feedback.
    don't care for my personal webos2.1 problem, my hardware is a Pre- and 2.1 is just not made for it in terms of RAM and usability. Nevertheless, I am not the only user and others are maybe interested in 2.1. In my opinion you shoud design the next version for the tablet.

I personally don't know Basecamp. I was trying to use RememberTheMilk as GTD tool ... did not work out for me. Do you think Basecamp is better for me ;-)

Actually what I am using at most is Google Docs (was called "Writely") and Google Spreadsheet. Because I am traveling from PC to PC in the lab and need to have access to my ideas from all then internet. So my personal favorite is syncing with one Writely file per project. Or just put a XML structure in a Writely doc.
  5.    #5  
    Version 1.1 is now available in the App catalog. Here is the change log -

1. Feature to populate the webOS device calendar was replaced
    with the display of day-by-day project details in a list.
    2. Support added for both the Palm Default (light) color theme
    and the Palm Dark theme.
    3. Time Projection is now compatible with webOS 2.1.

I am planning some future updates to include backup and restore of data, and some kind of data interchange, probably file-based.

Any other requests for functionality, please let me know here - thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Oh, one more thing I wanted to ask folks -

would anyone be interested in a time-limited free trial version of Time Projection? I'm looking to drum-up some more interest.
    Hi George,

since I bought it, it would not help me now anymore. Basically a demo would help, but the problem stays the same. The usage of the program is still limited, due to to the missing chance of forwarding the information somehow. I used it exactly three times to plan a project.

Imagine please:
    - plan the tasks
    - send it to your boss = 1st release
    - get feedback and incorporate changes
    - 2nd release ... Spread it to the involved responsible persons
    - get feedback
    - 3rd release to all
    - in the middle of the project, adapt changes

... Guess, how often I had to rewrite the task list?

Please add some exchange scenario, somehow.
    If this is implemented, create a second non-free version (Time Projection Pro) and give the current one for free.

Good luck.
  8.    #8  
    Hi tino - thanks again for your feedback.

I'm planning to include in the next release:

1. A feature to e-mail the list of calculated dates, so you can share this information more easily with other people.
    2. Minor tweaks for better compatability with the HP Touchpad.
    3. I am still looking into using a large field or text area in which you can copy or paste the task data for each project. I'm sure it can be done, I just need to work out the details. Hopefully this will be what you and others are looking for.

I plan to have a timed beta release available before the end of July.

By the way, you can follow TimeProjection on Twitter for app updates and announcements - Time Projection (TimeProjection) on Twitter
  9.    #9  
    Beta Version 1.2.1 of Time Projection is now available. It contains the following new features:
    1. You can now e-mail the calculated list of calendar dates.
    2. Screen rotation is supported.

I'm looking for feedback on the formatting of the e-mail - please let me know what you think, and I'm open to suggestions.

The Beta version of the app uses a separate database from the "official version", so you'll have to enter some dummy project data.

This version of the Beta is FREE and expires August 22nd - if we need more time, I can put out a new version to extend the date.

The Beta can be downloaded here - http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=9969