1.    #1  
    of course my pixi was useless to me again yesterday as it failed to open yet another PDF file. It opens them so rarely it's embarrassing.

I know webos 2.x does nothing to fix this...if webos 3 doesn't then I will not be able to use webos. PDFs are simply too common and too important...i assume iOS, android etc open them fine.

any news about a better PDF viewer coming?
    It's weird that you can put a PDF file from your PC onto your phone, and it reads it no problem....but then try and download direct to your phone, and nothing.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    It's weird that you can put a PDF file from your PC onto your phone, and it reads it no problem....but then try and download direct to your phone, and nothing.
    Sounds like a clue...unfortunately, I'm not as clever as Scooby-Doo, so I'll have to relent a solution to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Mine is much more inconsistent than this. I can download and open a PDF and then fail to open it and then open it. I have noticed the more zooming and manipulation I do the less stable it is.

Why hasn't a 3rd party released a fixed PDF viewer? For that matter a document editing solution with pdf would be even better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Mine is much more inconsistent than this. I can download and open a PDF and then fail to open it and then open it. I have noticed the more zooming and manipulation I do the less stable it is.

Why hasn't a 3rd party released a fixed PDF viewer? For that matter a document editing solution with pdf would be even better!
    PDF editing is a painful process even on PCs so I wouldn't hold my breath. If Acrobat writer comes to webOS it will be $250 like its desktop counterpart and just as buggy. I don't really understand what is the problem with PDF readers? but acrobat has been the slowest and most buggy of them all. I currently use foxit and it has been the fastest (although there were a few instances when I had to install acrobat for full compatibility). I hope that they (foxit) make a webOS version.

Going back to your question, I believe PDF reader on webOS 3.0 is from QuickOffice and not Dataviz so it "could" be better.