Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Come on!
    lanwanadvisor likes this.
    I want Kik!! Bring it!! Our devs and the Palm devs would support them immensely to port it over to webOS!
    I want Kik on webOS but I'd like for it to be a synergy service. Being able to integrate within my messaging app would be sweet.
    I want this App on my phone I need it
    Guys, until HP adds a PUSH service to webOS, something like Kik isn't happening. HP has made it clear (in recent days) they're not sure when PUSH will be added.
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
    Do they want money? Tim Stiffler-Dean and I made Projects | RocketHub for this very crowdsourcing/crowdfunding purpose.
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Guys, until HP adds a PUSH service to webOS, something like Kik isn't happening. HP has made it clear (in recent days) they're not sure when PUSH will be added.
    It can still happen, but battery life will take a hit, and/or it'll have lower latency than a Push server.
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
  9. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    I wasn't familiar with Kik before this effort. Looks good to have, though--count me in.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #GetKikOnWebOS Doooo iiiiiit!
    +10000

Bring us Kik on WebOS!!!

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    I would also like Kik on webOS.
    Yes! Please #GetKikOnWebos
    I would love to see Kik as a Synergy service, not a standalone app. I dont think any other way makes sense.

.....and that probably won't happen until HP makes a proper push API.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    would love to see it!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'd take it too, and I know a couple others who would as well. If it's realistic for current 1.4.x devices and the existing APIs, I'd love a good instant messaging service.
    Let's get Kik on WebOS already!
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    not true.
    kik uses their own push solution. how else would it work cross platform?
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 04/19/2011 at 06:10 PM.
    It got me a little peeved when you mentioned to them how easy it would be to port using the PDK, and they responded by saying user interest also factors into their decision not to port. That says to me that they really do not want to spend minimal effort to just port the app. I really want to hope that this thread will change their mind, but given their initial response, I'm not holding my breath. Contributing my testimonial nonetheless.

Come on Kik. GET ON IT!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I would love to see Kik as a Synergy service, not a standalone app. I dont think any other way makes sense.

.....and that probably won't happen until HP makes a proper push API.
    If Kik depended on a platform's Push API, wouldn't that tie them to iOS exclusively, and prevent them from going to Android and BB?

Contrary to what Apple has you believe, you can have "push" without a platform-provided "push service". In that case, you would just have to roll your own. It is possible to make a push client using the PDK that can communicate with Kik's push servers.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast