1.    #1  
    Sort of. An eMedicine Viewer user sent feedback that the app was not working - and that's because Medscape has revamped the site and in fact it works quite nicely now in the Pre's browser if you surf over to Medscape: Medscape Access
    You can get the references at Medscape: Medscape Access including a Search everything bar, and sections on drugs, diseases, interaction checker etc

My only gripe is the font is a bit small and of course you need an Internet connection and can't download info for offline use (unlike the iPhone app)

As such I think I shall be pulling the eMedicine viewer from the App Catalog.
    I hope Medscape comes up with an official app for webOS in time. Perhaps if you could bug them
    medscapemobilesupport@webmd.net
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  2.    #2  
    OK, I emailed Medscape to ask them about the a possible webOS app and other than a robot's reply that my email would be attended to, I never got any other reply from them.
    There are a couple of issues with the Medscape webapp
    1) The font is too small for my liking
    2) I can't easily save shortcuts to drugs or articles within the app (only as bookmarks which will get messy)
    So I think a dedicated webOS app which allows one to browse and read the Medscape webapp will be better. I've done a very preliminary one and can put up as a beta if anyone is interested

The screenshots compare the font sizes of the webOS app versus the browser view. The webOS webView font is set to a minimum of 20px which I think is easier on the eyes (well my eyes anyway)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Try emailing them and DO NOT mention webOS, HP and Palm, try to name other things like the phone which OS is based on web and things like that. It worked for me when emailing the whatsapp people the second time (the first time an autoresponder answered my email)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  4.    #4  
    Rather than wait for Medscape, here's the unofficial version which will be the replacement for eMedicine viewer.
    The webview has a minimum font size which is a little more legible than the browser view, quick access buttons at the bottom to go to the sections and a save article/drug info feature. The latter is not fully implemented yet.
    CME content opens in a browser window as the multimedia does not play from webview (or at least I don't know how to)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks an awful lot! Will try shortly.

Carsten
  6.    #6  
    Alrighty, I have more or less got a reasonable beta up and running. The latest version is 0.8.0 and it should appear in the public beta feeds in 24 hours.
    This is the install link:
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...c.medscapebeta

Screen shots attached

I do believe Medscape Mobile will give Epocrates a run for their money. It's got a pretty good free drug database, Interaction checker and Clinical library (eMedicine).
    I hope you guys like the webOS app - I did it as I find it makes the Medscape webapp more usable, in particular easier to read and access sections. The save feature should be handy.
    The main bug is I can't get the multimedia links to audio/video files to work from webView. I asked for help her in PC and the HP Dev forums but haven't had a reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    Just uploaded a new version
    - New application icon
    - Toolbar in place of the Save icon to access the Save functions as well as open the current view in the external browser. The latter is to overcome the problem of audio/video links not playing. My guess is that this is a limitation of webView as compared with the regular browser (unless there is some programming magic I am not aware of - anyone?)

I have decided to rename the app "eMed" and avoid using the Medscape moniker lest I run into copyright trouble with Medscape. What do you guys think?
  8.    #8  
    I have submitted eMed to the app catalog but it is still pending.
    In the meantime I have submitted eMed Beta to the public beta feeds and it should be active in the coming hours
    This beta will replace Medscape Beta (which I'll eventually pull once eMed Beta is active).
    The beta is still in "Submitted" status but you can guess it is
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...lmdoc.emedbeta
  9.    #9  
    Seems like HP/Palm is having problems with their App Catalog submissions. Both eMed and eMed Beta are stuck in "submitted" mode over the weekend.
    I've had that problem too.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  11.    #11  
    eMed Beta has now been published. I also submitted eMed RR (Rapid Release) for web install only but please ignore this as it's identical to eMed beta - the RR was released as a test as the beta was still stuck in submitted mode. I have requested suspension of the RR version so as not to confuse people
    When the official eMed is out in the App Catalog, the version in the current beta will most likely replace it as I find it quite stable. Will add more sharing features (email, facebook etc) to the current beta shortly.
  12.    #12  
    eMed for webOS has been officially released

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...t.palmdoc.emed
  13.    #13  
    Pushed out a new Beta
    - new Start page (no spinning wheel on startup) with an explanatory Key
    - new Share options (Email, Facebook, Clipboard)
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Definitely nicer to read Medscape in your app than the usual. I think I'll experiment with it for a while instead of UTD.com.